- Saudi Arabia

- Trinidad and Tobago

Group H

- Italy

- Croatia

- Ghana

- Paraguay

England with the Netherlands!! wow thanks :(

....and Australia too!! That's one of our biggest rivals in other sports.  Though England would be favourites it would be nice to have break from this rivalry in football.... :( ....(again)

Why does Germany get the Ivory Coast and France get Angola when England get Japan!!... :shocked: ...(just for a change)

I'm glad your not doing the draw - isn't it enough that we were in the hardest group last time.

Or perhaps you are really an England fan and you have every confidence that we can achieve our dreams of a second world cup victory despite being in the "GROUP OF DEATH" :devil: (never used so many smilies)

OK, here are the 4-1/2 Pol Pots/cups/spitoons that'll comprise the Drawing on Friday, per USAToday:

(Teams can't be placed into a group with a team from the same confederation, except for Europe, which can have up to two teams in a group):

Piss Pot One (seeded teams): Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain

Pol Pot Two: Angola, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Tunisia (Africa); Ecuador, Paraguay (South America); Australia (Oceania)

Spit SPot Three: Croatia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine (Europe)

Tea Pot Four: Iran, Japan, Saudi Arabia South Korea (Asia); Costa Rica, United States, Trinidad and Tobago (North and Central America and Caribbean)

Special Pot: Serbia-Montenegro (will be placed in group with Argentina, Brazil or Mexico)

So, does anyone recall how the drawing will be conducted?  I know the Eight in Pot 1 will be out there first.  And then do they pick one from Pot 2, match it up with one of the "8" seeds?  Then go on to Pot 3, Pot 4 - picking one by one, and do the same?   That's how I seem to remember the last 2 draws.

Being duel nationality, I would just love it if England and Australia were drawn in the same group. Even though I live in England i'd have to cheer for Australia because they play some of their home games at (my team) Fulham's 'Craven Cottage'.

ROLL ON FRIDAY!!!!!

(And let's hope the stuff before the draw isn't as drawn out as the one four years ago.)

last time i remember the draw was about 30 minutes

Serbia will be drawn second, after pot one - they will be drawn against Mexico, Argentina or Brazil

Baron - Germany and Brazil aren't being drawn - Germany is in Group A position 1 and Brazil is in Group F position 1

Too bad that I won't be able to see it live. Good luck to all those 32 teams with that draw in a few hours from now.

I expect Spain will be in the same group as Portugal, Angola and Trinidad & Tobago  :upside: Portugal vs. Spain will be so interesting!

Archived