Indy Brazilian Grand Prix In Rio 2010... (irl Early Site Announcement)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sao Paulo has a long tradition in automotive sports in the country and this event is good for bringing tourists to the city and help to move its economy.

I congratulate Sao Paulo for this achievement, since Sao Paulo do have the tradition in automotive sports and must be the center of automotive sports in Brazil. I support this for Sao Paulo as I support Rio being the Olympic city of Brazil.

But, now, it's my time to say that SP money should be used better, since SP City Hall payed with Band TV (the most paulista TV station in the entire world) for the event.

Many paulistas should complain why not use this money to improve favelas, social...

Where is Alberto Murray Neto to complain about Indy in SP, or ESPN Brazil to say that Sao Paulo street asphalt need improvements, and alll of this is a shame for the country and the city????

Or to complain about street course bring problems on the huge traffic jams that SP have???

I didn't read one line about it on the media!

Really? I loved the announcement of the Indy in SP.(I'm not being sarcastic)

It will be GREAT for the city and indeed for the brand BRAZIL outside.

SP WILL deliver a great race, no other city in Brazil have this know-how.

And no major problems will affect this race. It will be great!

But, it's time to accept all this criticism about other priorities in the city, as you paulista guys and media do with Rio.

PS: I'm not hypocrite to say I'd rather Sao Paulo since the begining... It would be great for Rio to rediscover its tradition lost in past about racing.. But Rio now have to focus on the major events in the future: World Cup 2014 and Olympic Games 2016.

Congrats SP!

Where is Alberto Murray Neto to complain about Indy in SP, or ESPN Brazil to say that Sao Paulo street asphalt need improvements, and alll of this is a shame for the country and the city????

But, it's time to accept all this criticism about other priorities in the city, as you paulista guys and media do with Rio.

Here's a couple of posts from Flavio Gomes, who is paulista and works at ESPN Brasil.

http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes/20...25/prontofalei/

http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes/20...-entendeu-nada/

Persecution complex? :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of posts from Flavio Gomes, who is paulista and works at ESPN Brasil.

http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes/20...25/prontofalei/

http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes/20...-entendeu-nada/

Persecution complex? :rolleyes:

He came with a lot of bullsh*t. In 1990, there was no intention to take the Brazilian GP out of the calendar. On the contrary, FIA wanted to keep it, since Brazilian drivers were at the top at that time, with Senna and Piquet finishing at least winning 1 title and 1 2nd place each in the 4 previous seasons.

He has never been to London either. I live 40 minutes away from there and I can assure you that if they can find the space, so does SP. Besides, the streets are closed only during the week of the GP. The streets are not closed, since all the work is done on the sidewalks. Maybe, in Ibirapuera Park the city hall will find enough space.

Feheva, for me it's a win-win situation.

It only shows how ESPN-Brasil is open to bring sports events to Brazil.

They are against everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate ESPN-Brasil with all my forces, indeed, because I'm really happy that Ribeirao Preto didn't won and Sao Paulo did. Because, for me this kind of competition should be place in our most famous cities. #prontofalei

And as a consolation prize for Rio, it have a good point: RIO MUST FOCUS ON SOG!!!! Must with capital letters! There are a lot of things to do in the city and should be started by now.

I'm in Rio today and started to be concerned about somethings... My biggest concern: Subway system!!!!!!!!!!!!

He came with a lot of bullsh*t. In 1990, there was no intention to take the Brazilian GP out of the calendar. On the contrary, FIA wanted to keep it, since Brazilian drivers were at the top at that time, with Senna and Piquet finishing at least winning 1 title and 1 2nd place each in the 4 previous seasons.

He has never been to London either. I live 40 minutes away from there and I can assure you that if they can find the space, so does SP. Besides, the streets are closed only during the week of the GP. The streets are not closed, since all the work is done on the sidewalks. Maybe, in Ibirapuera Park the city hall will find enough space.

Some bullsh*t and some truth....

Anyway, I was just making a case to show that ESPN Brasil and the rest of the media in SP is not "Full-Bairrista" as Dannyel says.

ESPN-Brasil should change their name for HEBSN "Host Events? Brasil should Not!" or Hate-Events-in-Brazil Sports Network.

I hate them!

You may hate them, but you can't complain they are not coherent. This is what I'm trying to say.

And this "Full-bairrista" thing coud be a persecution complex of yours...

I like their social programs and how they try not to show only the entertainment side of sports!

But I'm sure we can agree to disagree! ;)

Anyway, I don't mean to restart a old discussion...

Hmmmm, I agree with you Feheva but not completely.

I still think ESPN Brasil wants to show how SP things are better over Rio ones, but today I had a proof that ESPN is not full bairrista and full-against Rio. I admit it!

True. ESPN-Brasil IS NOT AGAINST RIO DE JANEIRO CITY....

They are against Brazil.

No event held in Brazil is good enough for them... This is not journalism. It's impossible not see any good thing about Olympic Games in Brazil. They can't say ONE good thing!!!!!!

ESPN-Brasil didn't say a good word about Rio during the PanAms, but they also didn't said nothing good about the games too. Even Trajano-idiot said that the OC was boring, small and idiot... Imagine... ANd the PanAm OC got 2 emmys on American TV for live event, broadcasted by ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Brazilian F-1 Grand Prix sucks, The Brazilian Soccer League sucks... Only the Brazilian X-Games are good for them.

ESPN-Brasil. Useless channel for those who really loves sports.

Feheva, once a paulista showed me how Folha de S.Paulo was against Sao Paulo 2012 bid... And some people on Orkut asked the ombudsman of Folha why?

She said she can't know why, but the only thing is that Folha was officially against any Olympic bid of Brazil.

Sorry, this is not journalism.

And yes, I still think SP media show more bad things about Rio than SP...

Why not SP City Halll spend the Indy money with social, favelas??? For me it doesn't matter, but it would be good to see how the media is imparcial questioning this. And Flavio, from ESPN-Brasil said this is not important to question... Ok... Still biased against Rio.

Feheva, once a paulista showed me how Folha de S.Paulo was against Sao Paulo 2012 bid... And some people on Orkut asked the ombudsman of Folha why?

She said she can't know why, but the only thing is that Folha was officially against any Olympic bid of Brazil.

Sorry, this is not journalism.

And yes, I still think SP media show more bad things about Rio than SP...

Why not SP City Halll spend the Indy money with social, favelas??? For me it doesn't matter, but it would be good to see how the media is imparcial questioning this. And Flavio, from ESPN-Brasil said this is not important to question... Ok... Still biased against Rio.

Ok... Lets leave it like it is then...

Feheva, I admit, my comments was not as parcial as it should be...

I agree with you...

It's because I'm trying to open my own Sports Network on cable... LOL

(At least, we can have a little bit sense of humour) =]

• 1 month later...

IndyCar reveals Sao Paulo track

The IndyCar Series has unveiled the layout of the Sao Paulo street course that will open its 2010 season on 14 March.

The 2.6-mile circuit will host the championship's first visit to South America, and the first event for Indy-style cars in Brazil since the last Champ Car race at Rio in 2000.

Located in the Anhembi area of the city, its startline is situated in the Sambodromo, an area that already features large grandstands used during carnival parades.

1264458132.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81061

• 1 month later...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/irl/2010-03-13-sao-paulo-brazil-qualifying_N.htm

This circuit is shame for the nation of Brazil - Dario Frachitti just moments after Qualifying Session was cancelled due problems in the asphalt

Never been in such bad track. Indy never allowed these bad conditions - Scott Dixon

I hit the wall. It was like drive on ice - Bia Figueiredo, first Brazilian woman in Indy and paulista.

The circuit looks great except for the Tiete River Margin Ave. part... Maybe the ugliest and worst smell place in the entire world...

Thanks Sao Paulo for the international double shame.

Worst: Now they'll put lots of doubts on Rio because one more Sao Paulo's big fail in sports event. Fact.

In the end, everything went regular, unless the dust thing and the bizarre accident between Andretti and Meira.

Hope that next year, things be fixed in the two Brazilian Indy races. The second course will be confirmed during this year, and yes, Rio is bidding.

Indeed, according to SI.com Indycar is very interested in the Brazilian market, since, somehow, Indycar is more popular in Brazil nowadays than in the US.

• 3 weeks later...

In the end, everything went regular, unless the dust thing and the bizarre accident between Andretti and Meira.

... and yes, Rio is bidding.

I don't like it, but São Paulo have signed a 5 year contract with Indy, which means 4 more races in SP. So no, Rio isn't bidding...

I don't like it, but São Paulo have signed a 5 year contract with Indy, which means 4 more races in SP. So no, Rio isn't bidding...

Yes, there are plans for two races in Brazil in 2011...

And if this is true, Rio will bid.

Archived