Cape Town Stadium Lights Up

Rafa

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That looks incredible! I love the way the stadium looks like! So clean and so chic! Does anyone know what kind of material is being used on the external cover? Looks like some sort of fabric! It looks awesome!

PTFE mesh facade. $20 million (take not London 2012)
Thanks, Mo! Boy, that stadium will look stunning when it's crowded with soccer fans, and that beautifuk green grass...I'm not that much of a soccer fan myself, but World Cups do get me excited! =]

According to wikipedia, it'll cost 4,3 billion rands. That's about 546 million dollars.

These pics are breathtaking! And I'd never stand where those two guys are standing. ^^'

Mo,

the ground of the stadium looks quite small - is it possible to add a track for athletics into that stadium?

I mean could athletics take place in that stadium if Cape Town won "2020"

I read somewhere that this stadium will be saized down to a 10.000 seater after the WC...

ohhh - don't you think that it would have been better if they had build a stadium with a track?

Rugby stadiums can be run profitably in South Africa, and at 65,000 seats this stadium would anyway have been to small for an Olympic stadium (85,000 seats minimum). It makes sense for Cape Town to not build a massive 85,000 seater until they actually get the games, in my opinion.

Interestingly, Durban has designed there soccer stadium to be capable of expansion to the required 85,000 seats if they get the games.

Interestingly, Durban has designed there soccer stadium to be capable of expansion to the required 85,000 seats if they get the games.

Interestingly, Durban has designed there athletics stadium to be capable of expansion to the required 85,000 seats if they get the games.

Archived