Vancouver 2010 Torch Relay

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for the videos.

No problem... This was released today; Olympic torch arrives in Canada: http://www.1cast.com/l/218935

I made a cast to follow the Olympics @ 1cast and it updates daily... it worked for the '16 bidding and I now use it for the Vancouver games. Makes following news updates easy w/o having to read articles at work.

Did anyone get tickets to the hockey games? or been able to find tickets on eBay??? How much?

OlympicMann your links doesn't work here in Canada only American can watch it.

No problem... This was released today; Olympic torch arrives in Canada: http://www.1cast.com/l/218935

I made a cast to follow the Olympics @ 1cast and it updates daily... it worked for the '16 bidding and I now use it for the Vancouver games. Makes following news updates easy w/o having to read articles at work.

Did anyone get tickets to the hockey games? or been able to find tickets on eBay??? How much?

I am happy with the protests and the handling of them so far. Hopefully through the entire process both sides remain civil. I have no problem with them protesting, just as long as they are only tried to be seen and heard and not be violent, antagonistic etc.

I am happy with the protests and the handling of them so far. Hopefully through the entire process both sides remain civil. I have no problem with them protesting, just as long as they are only tried to be seen and heard and not be violent, antagonistic etc.

Just wait until February when Vancouver protestors are mobilized. It will be INSANITY. The ones in Victoria are just the ones that want to settle down and have a quieter life. :lol:

They have Ben Mulroney on right now....WHY?!!!!! YOU BUTCHERS!

Yeah no kidding. If this is a foreshadow of CTV's coverage of the Olympics it's gonna suck! I want to see live sporting action, none of this CTV E-talk bull crap. If there is more of the pop culture coverage of who's at Whistler during the games, this is going to suck. I watched the 2nd half of the coverage yesterday and half of it was Tanya Kim and Eugene Levy's kid in Whistler of which celebrity will be in Whistler....Tanya, I don't give a crap!!!

CTV better get it together. It really is too bad that CBC lost the TV rights at least it would devote it's coverage for the moment!!!

Let's not judge too fast. It's better to have TV that's peppy than to just stick out a camera and follow the torch 24/7. There's really not much going on, so the news isn't going to be reporting much worthwhile stuff. Right now CTV is just in practice mode for actual games time, seeing who is doing the good bantering, who can keep up, how to keep up, etc. etc.

I don't have a problem with the majority of Olympic demonstrators who hold up signs and express their opposition verbally, but there are a few morons for whom I have nothing but distain. They continually continually talk about their rights as Canadians to protest. But what about the rights of the torchbearers. This is a once in a life time experience for each one of them. Don't they have a right to be able to enjoy that experience without the threat of some yahoo attacking them? How about respecting their moment and the experience of the spectators that want to share their moment? These protesters seem to think it is fine to molest a torchbearer, but let one police officer lay as much as a hand on them and it is police brutality!

If only these violent protesters would expend just a portion of their anger on doing something positive for Canada. What about doing volunteer work for one of the many worthy organization? Or what about bettering your education?