• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There only is one way to use the term English/British. I was merely correcting a mistake in the hope to cast some truth on a situation. Facts are facts. If I said New Zealand was a colony of Mars I wo

No, what I said is that from the aerial picture, the way in which the structure's are are constructed evoke the form of a Tipi thus the unspecified structure could be a stylized form resembling a tipi

This is my post which I have quoted. Someone has given it a negative mark and thus thinks it is a 'bad' post. NOTHING wrote above is offensive, racist, bad, evil, nasty etc. Infact, I was defending

If after all this Hoopla and the opening to these games is anything like the handover ceremony in Torino, then people in all countries of the world should should gather in public parks and have a LIVE 230 - Laugh Around The World At Vancouver Rock Concert!

This could have been a good idea for ligthing the cauldron.

What did that accomplish? That is one of the most anticlimatic, cumbersome, pointless wastes of energy I have seen. It is also difficult to watch.

There are better ways to skin the cat.

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 1

By the way, I'm surprised that there are no new pictures of the cauldron at the Convention Centre. It's probably still wrapped, but maybe one can recognise some changes on top of its largest pipe (the vertical one). Or was anyone of the Vancouver members here at the site recently and can describe what it looks like?

Just my latest post of bragging and ninja secrecy. Do not read if you're annoyed by me! :D

Today was the first full-length broadcast timed full dress rehearsal with all effects and I got to watch pretty much the whole thing start to finish. B)

Just my latest post of bragging and ninja secrecy. Do not read if you're annoyed by me! :D

Today was the first full-length broadcast timed full dress rehearsal with all effects and I got to watch pretty much the whole thing start to finish. B)

Ice, if u're not going to spill "any beans," what's the point of bragging? We know u're in there...but if u're going to be an Atkins loyalist, then jsut save your posts until we've all seen it. Now, if you're a true GB trouper, then you would share some insights with us, your first tribe. After Feb 28, the Atkins taskmasters would've pulled up stakes and be long gone. While we will still be here thru Ulan Bator 2096! B)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

So is there no new information on the outdoor cauldron at the Convention Centre? Is it still wrapped? Have they pulled the wrap completely up or is there still anything recognisable? Are there even aerial pictures (or from a nearby taller building)? I'm very surprised that there is so little information about a cauldron which is built outside and can be quite easily viewed by the public (at least its construction site).

I't starting to feel like the lack of info is diminishing interest.......ceremony-shmeremony, I just wanna see some skiing soon.

It's heightening the interest for me.

I knew a lot about Beijing's ceremony (including like 80% of the cauldron lighting) and I feel like that sort of diminished the wow and surprise factor. It's going to be great going into Friday's show not knowing much and watching it all happen LIVE. Everything will be seen fresh and as it is intended to be seen, not-seen beforehand on some leaked, blurry photograph.

I't starting to feel like the lack of info is diminishing interest.......ceremony-shmeremony, I just wanna see some skiing soon.

Since there are public rehearsals today and wednesday, i predict much of the secrets are going to be leaked on the next hours :rolleyes:

I don't see fewer interest in the ceremonies than a couple of months ago. But what is true is that there are somehow less people engaged in the discussions about Vancouver. But this is a phenomenon you could also witness during the Torino Games. I guess it's because winter sports aren't popular in every corner of the world -- especially not in the tropical countries, of course.

Olympian, maybe it has nothing to do with the fact that these are Winter Olympics but that the secrecy is just turning everyone off.

As I said: I don't see that there are currently less posts made about the ceremonies on this board than a couple of months ago. In fact, it might even be the other way around. I for my part don't feel turned off but rather enticed by the secrecy. It might be a little bit frustrating, but on the other hand it motivates me to use my imagination and also my investigative skills. ;)

But once again: This is the cauldron thread, not the general ceremonies thread. So can we discuss about the cauldron, please? The best thing would be if someone had new information about at least the outside cauldron.