Which Should Be The Next Host Cities From Each Continent After 2016?

Possibly in uniondale were the New York Islanders are looking to build an arena and an athletics stadium.

They were looking for a minor league baseball stadium as well. But thanks to the referendum from the other day getting shot down, unless someone comes in with money and privately finances it, none of it is happening, especially the arena. The NYC area has spent about $5 billion on new stadiums in the past 5 years, so I'm not sure how much more there can or should be.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Munich has made it pretty clear that they would bid again for 2022, if they lose 2018. Which is more than what could be said about the SOC, which their approach is more of a "wait & see" stra

Östersund isn't really located in a third world country...

I think it's more to a Mexican 2nd time than an Argentine first... Don't worry, Premium, you can vote this down again, this will not change my opinion about a subject I'm really closer than any Premi

Where there? :blink: HKG is the MOST DENSELY POPULATED metropolis on earth.

http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzdensecities.htm

Even ahead of the megalopolises of India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Latin America! Not unless they build an Olympic city out in the New Territories!!

There are vast areas of parks in HKG, though mostly very mountainous I assume. Still in theory it would be possible but I understand that this is more fantasy than realism. The next Chinese host will most likely be Shanghai.

Europe: Madrid

North America: San Francisco

Africa: Cape Town

South America: Buenos Aires in 2108 :lol:

Oceania: Some in New Zealand

Asia: Time for somehing else apart China, Korea and Japan

Antarctica: The first city founded there after the Global Melting :P

2048- Buenos Aires

I don't expect other Olympic Games in Latin America in the next 40 years. :(

I don't expect other Olympic Games in Latin America in the next 40 years. :(

Why not? If the USA hosts any of 2020/2024/2028/2032, then the Americas will have a strong chance again by the 2040's. And i don't think Toronto is assured against B.A or Mexico in 3 decades.

• 3 weeks later...

WOG - Starting at 2022

New South Wales, Australia

Taos/Santa Fe/Albequerque, New Mexico, United States

Casablanca, Morocco, Africa

SOG - Starting at 2020

Lima, Peru, South America

Luanda, Angola, Africa

Houston, Texas, United States

Tampa Bay Area, Florida, United States

• Like 1

Why not? If the USA hosts any of 2020/2024/2028/2032, then the Americas will have a strong chance again by the 2040's. And i don't think Toronto is assured against B.A or Mexico in 3 decades.

Yes, I can see Latin America potentially hosting in the 40's. It's tough to imagine that Mexico would be able to get their act together though. 30 years is a long time, but still..... they're in bad shape.

Thanks for the welcome, baron! Which of my choices do you not like?

U're welcome. Let me try to put this nicely...for the most part, your picks may seem viable ones, but in reality may be way off the mark.

Just as an example, does New Mexico have a developed slope/resort that has an 800m drop presently required for some of the alpine events? Does New Mexico have the same, abundant snowfall as, say, the Lake Tahoe region? See, I have never heard that the New Mexico resorts ever seriously considered to be top Winter Olympic Games material?

U're welcome. Let me try to put this nicely...for the most part, your picks may seem viable ones, but in reality may be way off the mark.

Just as an example, does New Mexico have a developed slope/resort that has an 800m drop presently required for some of the alpine events? Does New Mexico have the same, abundant snowfall as, say, the Lake Tahoe region? See, I have never heard that the New Mexico resorts ever seriously considered to be top Winter Olympic Games material?

And further, of course, the NSW Winter games suggestion. Nothwithstanding the southern hemisphere/seasonal problems, there are no mountains in the state (or in all Australia) that can provide the all important 800m required vertical drop.

Maybe Buenos Aires has a chance in the late 50's or early 60's... If: Chicago (any US city in the 40's, perphaps 2024 ;)) and Toronto 2036.... Mexico has no chance at all!

The infrastructure needed makes it seem like a third world city.

Minus the shanty towns, lack of basic sewage, power and water and other services and millions in grinding poverty.

Sweden's as third world as Canada. Ooops, sorry. If Sweden's third world, then Canada is fourth world.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

Minus the shanty towns, lack of basic sewage, power and water and other services and millions in grinding poverty.

Sweden's as third world as Canada. Ooops, sorry. If Sweden's third world, then Canada is fourth world.

:blink: :blink:

A country that has the same GDP as a part of Canada (Quebec) certainly is not third world if Canada is fourth world.

If Sweden were to win they would need billions is infrastructure upgrades, why would the IOC award them the games when bids such as Munich are there?

:blink: :blink:

A country that has the same GDP as a part of Canada (Quebec) certainly is not third world if Canada is fourth world.

If Sweden were to win they would need billions is infrastructure upgrades, why would the IOC award them the games when bids such as Munich are there?

Because it's prosperous and rich, a winter sports power, a model modern democracy, and hasn't hosted before, perhaps?

Honestly, some of your comments sometimes make me wonder if you really are totally clueless about anything outside Canada. For someone who is championing and seems to have the hots for a corrupt sh!thole like Hambantota, it beggars belief that you then blithely turnaround and rate a country like Sweden on the same level as Somalia.

Edited by Sir Rols

Hallo Members I am new to Games Bids.Com this is my 1st post been reading what you said and It's hart to come up with just 1 city so I will do 2 cities from each Continent.

For Asia

The Summer Games: Tokyo Japan and Bangkok Thailand.

The Winter Games: Harbin The People's Republic of China and Almaty Kazakhstan.

For Europe

The Summer Games: Rome Italy, Moscow Russia and Berlin Germany.

The Winter Games: Munich Germany, Barcelona Spain and I want them to go back to Norway with an Joint Bid with Oslo - Lillehammer.

For North America

The Summer Games: Toronto Canada and Los Angeles The United States of America.

The Winter Games: Reno - Lake Tahoe The United States of America and Calgary Canada.

For South America

The Summer Games: Lima Peru and Buenos Aires Argentina.

The Winter Games Santiago Chile and Bariloche Argentina.

For Oceania

The Summer Games: Brisbane and Perth Australia.

The Winter Games: Christchurch - Queenstown New Zealand and Canberra - Snowy Mountains Australia.

For Africa

The Summer Games: Cape Town South Africa and Nairobi Kenya.

Because it's prosperous and rich, a winter sports power, a model modern democracy, and hasn't hosted before, perhaps?

Honestly, some of your comments sometimes make me wonder if you really are totally clueless about anything outside Canada. For someone who is championing and seems to have the hots for a corrupt sh!thole like Hambantota, it beggars belief that you then blithely turnaround and rate a country like Sweden on the same level as Somalia.

I am not championing Hambantota's bid. I want the Gold Coast to win please read my posts.

My point is why award a small town of 10,000 people the Games when there is Munich available?

Hallo Members I am new to Games Bids.Com this is my 1st post been reading what you said and It's hart to come up with just 1 city so I will do 2 cities from each Continent.

For Asia

The Summer Games: Tokyo Japan and Bangkok Thailand.

The Winter Games: Harbin The People's Republic of China

and Almaty Kazakhstan.

For Europe

The Summer Games: Rome Italy, Moscow Russia and Berlin Germany.

The Winter Games: Munich Germany, Barcelona Spain and I want them to go back to Norway with an Joint Bid with Oslo - Lillehammer.

For North America

The Summer Games: Toronto Canada and Los Angeles The United States of America.

The Winter Games: Reno - Lake Tahoe The United States of America and Calgary Canada.

For South America

The Summer Games: Lima Peru and Buenos Aires Argentina.

The Winter Games Santiago Chile and Bariloche Argentina.

For Oceania

The Summer Games: Brisbane and Perth Australia.

The Winter Games: Christchurch - Queenstown New Zealand and Canberra - Snowy Mountains Australia.

For Africa

The Summer Games: Cape Town South Africa and Nairobi Kenya.

Welcome, sorry to dissapoint you but some news said that New Zelands will not bid to winter games... By the way like the idea of Berlin ;)

Baron,

Yes, New Mexico does have a very adaquate slope system. There is Angelfire, which is a top quality ski-resort. Taos is also capable of hosting a large snow-based event. Another skiing option awaits in Santa Fe, that serves as a base for travel into the wilderness of northern New Mexico. These are all within three hours of Albequerque, New Mexico's largest city. I vacationed this area years ago and have pictures if you would like to see them.

Baron,

Yes, New Mexico does have a very adaquate slope system. There is Angelfire, which is a top quality ski-resort. Taos is also capable of hosting a large snow-based event. Another skiing option awaits in Santa Fe, that serves as a base for travel into the wilderness of northern New Mexico. These are all within three hours of Albequerque, New Mexico's largest city. I vacationed this area years ago and have pictures if you would like to see them.

OK, but is there the required minimum 800m drop required by the FIS to be considered as a possible Olympic contender? BTW, 3 hours' distance from Albuquerque isn't going to cut it. Maybe that's why a NM bid isn't considered viable for a WOG.

My point is why award a small town of 10,000 people the Games when there is Munich available?

To begin, it's more like 40,000 people living in Östersund. ;)

The expected games i Östersund (according to the plans for 2014) wold be less spread-out then a game in München (if it would be as in the bid for 2018). In contrast to München, Östersund is more of a winter-town, they have more experience of biding for the winter games and have hosted more mayor events in the concerned sports.

To begin, it's more like 40,000 people living in Östersund. ;)

The expected games i Östersund (according to the plans for 2014) wold be less spread-out then a game in München (if it would be as in the bid for 2018). In contrast to München, Östersund is more of a winter-town, they have more experience of biding for the winter games and have hosted more mayor events in the concerned sports.

I meant Are.

BTW regarding your sig page Copenhagen should bid alone.

I meant Are.

BTW regarding your sig page Copenhagen should bid alone.

What's wrong with Åre? It's one of the premier skiing resorts of Europe and well used to holding FIS World Cup and Championship meets. And about the same population as Whistler - which would be almost exactly its analogous position in a WOGs.