Which Should Be The Next Host Cities From Each Continent After 2016?

cslopes54

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant Are.

BTW regarding your sig page Copenhagen should bid alone.

Why would you compere Åre with München? If Sweden won the rights to host a game, Åre would probably only host alpine skiing and maybe curling and bobsleigh/skeleton/luge.

I know that a joint bid with Copenhagen and Malmö would never win, but I think it could be awesome! :D

I know that a joint bid with Copenhagen and Malmö would never win, but I think it could be awesome! :D

Why would you consider a joint of a 3-way split bid or Games "awesome"? Such a scenario would dissipate the energy of the event. Further, being held across two national borders, the Games would have competing characters and looks. It's impractical especially if there are bids that can stage them in ONE country. That's why bi-national bids are NOT encouraged. More negatives than positives.

Why would you consider a joint of a 3-way split bid or Games "awesome"? Such a scenario would dissipate the energy of the event. Further, being held across two national borders, the Games would have competing characters and looks. It's impractical especially if there are bids that can stage them in ONE country. That's why bi-national bids are NOT encouraged. More negatives than positives.

How did it became a 3-way split bid? But you have a valuable point, I think it wold be exciting to see how they would try to solve it. And I would love to see a Swedish bid for a Olympic game! (= But it will never happen...

How did it became a 3-way split bid? But you have a valuable point, I think it wold be exciting to see how they would try to solve it. And I would love to see a Swedish bid for a Olympic game! (= But it will never happen...

A Swedish bid happened before and if the Ostersund and Are have a very compact venue plan that would be a winnable bid.

A Swedish bid happened before and if the Ostersund and Are have a very compact venue plan that would be a winnable bid.

Yes, and it was THE favourite for 1994 - only missing out when Lillehammer pipped it by a couple of votes in a tie-break round - leading to some very awkward exchanges between Samaranch and the Swedish King..

Why are you so anti a Swedish WOG bid? IMO, it's an inevitability that it will happen eventually.

Yes, and it was THE favourite for 1994 - only missing out when Lillehammer pipped it by a couple of votes in a tie-break round - leading to some very awkward exchanges between Samaranch and the Swedish King..

Why are you so anti a Swedish WOG bid? IMO, it's an inevitability that it will happen eventually.

I am not anti Swedish bid I would love for a country with some winter sport pedigree across the board (unlike 2018 :lol:) to host. However, my undoing is that the ceremonies would be held in a small stadium etc. I like the big city feel to the Olympics. Maybe in 2018 that changes my mind.

I am not anti Swedish bid I would love for a country with some winter sport pedigree across the board (unlike 2018 :lol:) to host. However, my undoing is that the ceremonies would be held in a small stadium etc. I like the big city feel to the Olympics. Maybe in 2018 that changes my mind.

Considering the small-town atmosphere of Lillehammer still brings fond memories and is often touted in a selling point in many bids these days, it will probably happen again eventually.

Why not? If the USA hosts any of 2020/2024/2028/2032, then the Americas will have a strong chance again by the 2040's. And i don't think Toronto is assured against B.A or Mexico in 3 decades.

I think it's more to a Mexican 2nd time than an Argentine first...

Don't worry, Premium, you can vote this down again, this will not change my opinion about a subject I'm really closer than any Premium Member here).

MY OPINION AGAIN, IN HUGE LETTERS:

IF ARGENTINA CHANGES THEIR GOVERNMENT RADICALLY, KICKING THE PERONIST MOVEMENT FROM CASA ROSADA PALACE AND FIX THEIR ECONOMY (NOW IN REALLY BAD SITUATION WITH ALMOST 30% INFLATION RATE),

BUENOS AIRES CAN BE A STRONG BID EVEN FOR THE NEXT "AMERICAS TURN".

IF NOT CHANGES, THEY CAN'T EVEN BID FOR A POKER TOURNAMENT.

Why not? If the USA hosts any of 2020/2024/2028/2032, then the Americas will have a strong chance again by the 2040's. And i don't think Toronto is assured against B.A or Mexico in 3 decades.

No doubts, I'd be happy to be wrong and see Latin America hosting again in 2040s or even before... ;)

I'd be happy also to see a really new Olympic Host in Latin America, like Bogota, Lima or Panama City. This would be special.

---

People is messing my opinions with some rivalry in football that really exists in Brazil vs. Argentina relationship.

But if you guys don't believe in me, please, at least, check google about how in ruins is Argentina now-a-days, economically, politically and even inside its society.

Buenos Aires will be a strong bid always, if Argentina have a normal situation as country, like when they got shortlistened for 2004 bid.

As I pointed several times here, as Brazilian, I root for the success of the other South American countries, since it would be extremely stupid to develop Brazil to sustain parasite neighbours - as it actually happening in case of Paraguay, Bolivia and in smaller grade: Argentina - just to point a fact, they don't have printers for currency bills anymore and all Argentine Pesos have been printed in Brazil. Can this country bid for Olympic Games? Take your conclusions.

I think it's more to a Mexican 2nd time than an Argentine first...

Don't worry, Premium, you can vote this down again, this will not change my opinion about a subject I'm really closer than any Premium Member here).

MY OPINION AGAIN, IN HUGE LETTERS:

IF ARGENTINA CHANGES THEIR GOVERNMENT RADICALLY, KICKING THE PERONIST MOVEMENT FROM CASA ROSADA PALACE AND FIX THEIR ECONOMY (NOW IN REALLY BAD SITUATION WITH ALMOST 30% INFLATION RATE),

BUENOS AIRES CAN BE A STRONG BID EVEN FOR THE NEXT "AMERICAS TURN".

IF NOT CHANGES, THEY CAN'T EVEN BID FOR A POKER TOURNAMENT.

No doubts, I'd be happy to be wrong and see Latin America hosting again in 2040s or even before... ;)

I'd be happy also to see a really new Olympic Host in Latin America, like Bogota, Lima or Panama City. This would be special.

Arguably another sog's will be held in canada and usa before argentina.

In the plan Östersund had for 2014, the ceremonies was planned to be held at a stadium with capacity for 40,000. That's pretty equal with the games between 1994 and 2014.

OK, but is there the required minimum 800m drop required by the FIS to be considered as a possible Olympic contender?

Baron,

Most mountains in Northern New Mexico have the minimum 800m drop. This is taken at Angelfire Resort which is a little hop to the Northeast of Taos. There is also Pajarito in Los Alamos. And while Albequerque is the largest city, Sante Fe is where all the action and nightlife takes place.

2268272897_f37ca2253d_z.jpg

Baron,

Most mountains in Northern New Mexico have the minimum 800m drop. This is taken at Angelfire Resort which is a little hop to the Northeast of Taos. There is also Pajarito in Los Alamos. And while Albequerque is the largest city, Sante Fe is where all the action and nightlife takes place.

2268272897_f37ca2253d_z.jpg

OK, I don't know that since I have never seen a serious New Mexico bid. That's the only reason I asked.

EUROPE:

Summer Olympics: Istanbul (TUR), Rome (ITA), Madrid (ESP), Berlin (GER) or Paris (FRA)

Winter Olympics: Östersund (SWE), Bern (SUI), Geneve (SUI), Zürich (SUI), München (GER) or Salzburg (AUT)

NORTH-AMERICA:

Summer Olympics: Chicago (USA), Washington (USA), San Franscisco (USA) or Toronto (CAN)

Winter Olympics: Reno (USA) or Denver (USA)

ASIA:

Summer Olympics: Tokio (JPN), Osaka (JPN) or Dubai (UAE)

Winter Olympics: Harbin (CHN)

OCEANIA:

Summer Olympics: Brisbane (AUS), Melbourne (AUS) or Auckland (NZL)

Winter Olympics: it is a pitty that New Zealand doesn't want to bid with Christchurch

SOUTH-AMERICA:

Summer Olympics: I doubt that we will see another Summer Olympics in South-America for a long time

Winter Olympics: Santiago de Chile (CHI) is the only possible bid from South-America

AFRICA:

Summer Olympics: Durban (RSA) or Capetown (RSA)

Winter Olympics: "not possible"

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I should give Sweden a neighborly hand here....

:blink: :blink:

A country that has the same GDP as a part of Canada (Quebec) certainly is not third world if Canada is fourth world.

If Sweden were to win they would need billions is infrastructure upgrades, why would the IOC award them the games when bids such as Munich are there?

Sweden has about 10 % more people than Quebec, and about 10 % higher GDP. I don't see your point. And GDP is not everything. Norway has significantly higher GDP per capita than Sweden, but it is Sweden, not Norway, that probably is probably the most well-organized country in the world. Swedish infrastructure is in general very good.

To begin, it's more like 40,000 people living in Östersund. ;)

The expected games i Östersund (according to the plans for 2014) wold be less spread-out then a game in München (if it would be as in the bid for 2018). In contrast to München, Östersund is more of a winter-town, they have more experience of biding for the winter games and have hosted more mayor events in the concerned sports.

There are about 60 000 people living in Ôstersund, actually. Not a metropolis, but much larger than for instance Lillehammer. Being the largest winter resort of Scandinavia, Åre alone has about 35 000 guest beds, and there is roughly a similar number in the nearby Härjedalen.

No real sport enthusiasts give a **** about the ceremonies anyway, hmh I might not have many supporters on that view in here....

Having said this, Munich will probably be hard to beat if they try to pull off a 2022 application, in which case a the next European opportunity might be 2030.

Thought I should give Sweden a neighborly hand here....

Sweden has about 10 % more people than Quebec, and about 10 % higher GDP. I don't see your point. And GDP is not everything. Norway has significantly higher GDP per capita than Sweden, but it is Sweden, not Norway, that probably is probably the most well-organized country in the world. Swedish infrastructure is in general very good.

There are about 60 000 people living in Ôstersund, actually. Not a metropolis, but much larger than for instance Lillehammer. Being the largest winter resort of Scandinavia, Åre alone has about 35 000 guest beds, and there is roughly a similar number in the nearby Härjedalen.

No real sport enthusiasts give a **** about the ceremonies anyway, hmh I might not have many supporters on that view in here....

Having said this, Munich will probably be hard to beat if they try to pull off a 2022 application, in which case a the next European opportunity might be 2030.

^^Interesting sensorship functionality detected in the above post...

Asia

The Summer Games: Tokyo, Shanghai or Hongkong, Bangkok , Delhi

The Winter Games: Harbin Almaty Also i want to see Yakutsk (siberia) Lhasa ( ow i really like to see that one :S ).

Europe

The Summer Games: Istanbul Berlin Moscow Paris Madrid

The Winter Games: Munich Nuuk :)

America

The Summer Games: Toronto San Francisco , NYC, Buenos Aires

The Winter Games: Reno - Lake Tahoe (for Baron :) ) Santiago , Anchorage

For Oceania

The Summer Games: Melbourne

The Winter Games: no idea :S

For Africa

The Summer Games: Cape Town South Africa and Nairobi Kenya.

Asia

Summer: Tokyo

Winter: Almaty

Europe

Summer: BERLIN!, St.Petersburg, and Madrid

Winter: Sofia, Ostersund, Salzburg => aka... i'm no fan of Munich.. haha!

America

Summer: NYC

Winter: Anywhere in Vermont, Quebec, Anchorage.

The Greater Australias:

Summer: Brisbane/Gold Coast

Winter: Christchurch

For Africa

Summer: Capetown or Jo-burg

Archived