Olympic Trails Question

short track had theirs in August.

They'll be happening in the next few months. Winter hasn't officially started yet.

Can you be more specific? Do you mean qualification for countries or national Olympic trials? You need to understand that every sports and countries have very different scheduel (for example we already the countries for Ice Hockey, Curling and Figure Skating while international qualification hasn't started for Short Track and Bobsleigh, for example. Making this even more confusing, Canada and South Korea already had there Short Track Olympic trials even before international qualification began...).

Another interesting example is Curling. Some countries (Sweden for the women, and I believe Great Britain) don't have any Olympic trials (the NOC just picked a team), then you have the US which had its Olympic trials back in February, while Canada will only have its trials in December.

Can you be more specific? Do you mean qualification for countries or national Olympic trials? You need to understand that every sports and countries have very different scheduel (for example we already the countries for Ice Hockey, Curling and Figure Skating while international qualification hasn't started for Short Track and Bobsleigh, for example. Making this even more confusing, Canada and South Korea already had there Short Track Olympic trials even before international qualification began...).

Another interesting example is Curling. Some countries (Sweden for the women, and I believe Great Britain) don't have any Olympic trials (the NOC just picked a team), then you have the US which had its Olympic trials back in February, while Canada will only have its trials in December.

Well Great Britain is more of an all-star team then a rink winning the right to compete.

Also Canada is quartered a full set of short trackers so it made sense to have the world cup and Olympic trials at the same time.

Well Great Britain is more of an all-star team then a rink winning the right to compete.

Also Canada is quartered a full set of short trackers so it made sense to have the world cup and Olympic trials at the same time.

Yes, however we aren't guaranteed three entrant in every events, yet we have already decided who our n'1, 2 and 3 athletes are for each events. And, as I said, Korea already did there trials... Speaking of which, believe it or not but the defending champion in the men's 1000m and 1500m (on top of the relay), Ahn Hyun-Soo, failed to qualify for the games, even as a relay member...

Anyway, some qualifying systems are to complicated to follow (Alpine Skiing, Speed Skating and Cross Country Skiing: I am looking at you three!).