Big US $$ for WC rights...

Then I guess:

- Asia should have it 2014 rather than Brazil because there are only what? a dozen nations in So. America whereas Asia, including Australia, has some 45 nations?

- And after 2010, WC should go back to Africa in 2018 since that continent has 50+ nations?

No, I believe FIFA wants to rotate it continentally.  Why should it just concentrate in one area?  I believe they want to build a GLOBAL following -- and the one way to do that is to rotate its biggest tournament.  Otherwise, going by your argument, then it should just as  frequently return to Asia and Africa, as Europe??

I really am wondering why I bother wasting my time arguing this point when you appear totally incapable of understanding my point.

It is not about the number of nations each confederation has. It is about how many are CAPABLE of staging the event. Are there not more European nations capable of hosting the World Cup than North American countries? Aren't there?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then I guess:

- Asia should have it 2014 rather than Brazil because there are only what? a dozen nations in So. America whereas Asia, including Australia, has some 45 nations?

- And after 2010, WC should go back to Africa in 2018 since that continent has 50+ nations?

No, I believe FIFA wants to rotate it continentally.  Why should it just concentrate in one area?  I believe they want to build a GLOBAL following -- and the one way to do that is to rotate its biggest tournament.  Otherwise, going by your argument, then it should just as  frequently return to Asia and Africa, as Europe??

I really am wondering why I bother wasting my time arguing this point when you appear totally incapable of understanding my point.

It is not about the number of nations each confederation has. It is about how many are CAPABLE of staging the event. Are there not more European nations capable of hosting the World Cup than North American countries? Aren't there?

There are more nations capable of hosting in Europe than in America (both), Asia, Africa and Oceania together... :rolleyes:

Then I guess:

So what?  There's only 1 WC to go around -- and it has to be rotated.  It is a GLOBAL, repeat GLOBAL. event -- not a continental event.  :rolleyes:   Is that so hard to understand either?

Then I guess:

So what?  There's only 1 WC to go around -- and it has to be rotated.  It is a GLOBAL, repeat GLOBAL. event -- not a continental event.  :rolleyes:   Is that so hard to understand either?

Baron!

Remember you're talking about soccer/football on the GB forums to many Europeans.

Non-Europeans are called "savages." Remember?

Do your homework.  :P

The Olympic Games are a global event, but nobody is suggesting that they be rotated in the way that you say is right for the World Cup. Why is your kind of rotation right for the World Cup, but not for the Olympics?

The Olympic Games are a global event, but nobody is suggesting that they be rotated in the way that you say is right for the World Cup. Why is your kind of rotation right for the World Cup, but not for the Olympics?

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

Baron,

1st If 2014 goes to Brazil (AMERICA) then Asia should get 2018 because they don't host since 2002 and if I don't remember Brazil is a country of AMERICA.

2nd Like arwebb has said the Olympics are also a GLOBAL event so: GO RIO (AMERICA) 2016 AND CAPE TOWN (AFRICA) 2020!!! Then Asia should get 2024 and Europe 2028.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Let's not get too carried away. No-one complains about every second or third Olympics coming to Europe, so why is this different?

Yeah, but if baron is claiming for rotation in both GLOBAL events then... GO ROTATION, BUT FAIR ROTATION SO AMERICA SHOULD GET 2016, AND I REPEAT: AMERICA AND RIO IS IN AMERICA. :upside:

Mmmm... yeah, Baron, you're right. SoccerUSA is a important power in the football, bigger than UEFA or CONMEBOL...

2018 will be in USA and I'm Franz Beckenbauer.

Yeah, SoccerUSA has in the FIFA more votes than the UEFA and CONMEBOL together  :D  :laugh:  :laughlong: And because SoccerUSA has a lot of delegates the 2018 WC will be in the USA  :wwww:

Anyway, 2018 is too early to go back to America. I'd rather they go to Canada.

Unfortunately, I will be surprised if Canada does get the main FIFA tournament in my lifetime. In fact, I haven't seen news lately about Canada's status of holding the 2007 World Youth Championship yet.

Well, I don't agree.  2018 should AND will go to the U.S.  

:unclesam:

Well I'm covinced by that indepth argument, are you french by any chance?

Theres is always a small chance the USA will get 2018 if only because of the lure of the almighty dollar(the same lure that gives a qualifing group with only 2 non minow teams 3 1/2 spots) but I don't think theirs any doubt that morally they do not deserve it unless the games popularity improves massively before then. The logic behind USA 94 was afterall to launch football in the US again and so far with relatively little sucess.

As it stands I expect Brazil, England(or maybe some combination with England/Scotland/Wales/NI), China and maybe Spain or Australia to host the WC before the US does again.

No way will there be a joint bid from the four Home Nations.

I'd guess it will depend on what bidding system they are using for 2018. If its the old free for all one then its very unlikely IMHO, England/Scotland maybe I spose but even then I'd guess the disadvanatge of two hosts would cancil out any infrastructure advantage which itself may not be the case by 2018 if the redevolpment of English football grounds carrys on. If its desided politically like 2010-14 then I don't think you could rule out the other three home nations staging games but not getting automatic places.

Archived