Big US $$ for WC rights...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yawn.  

For you, I don't have to.   :wink:

Forgive me, but it might help people to take your case remotely seriously if you actually had an argument. I take that to mean you don't have one. If only you could just admit it.

R u blind?  R u senile?  Y don't u go read up the past postings - or do they have to repeated everytime?

Baron you have shown us that you haven't got any argument to the point that Europe will get 2018 and IF UEFA WANT WILL TAKE THE WC BACK EUROPE BECAUSE THEY'VE MORE VOTES THAN ANYONE SO... END OF THE DISCUSSION.

WINNERS: EUROPE. LOSSERS: ONLY ONE LOSSER- BARON. :rolleyes:

Baron you have shown us that you haven't got any argument to the point that Europe will get 2018 and IF UEFA WANT WILL TAKE THE WC BACK EUROPE BECAUSE THEY'VE MORE VOTES THAN ANYONE SO... END OF THE DISCUSSION.

Oh, then why did 2002 go to Korea/Japan?  2010 - to Africa?  2014 to Brazil?  Where are those European votes you are talking about?  

This is the stupidest argument by far.  You still haven't shown me why it SHOULDN'T spring back to the US for 2018?  Seems like you haven't got a single argument that I can buy.

We have nothing against your nation Baron (well, I don't anyway) and there is no reason why it shouldn't go to the US. But equally, there is no reason why it shouldn't go to Spain, England, China, Australia, Mexico etc.

We have our preferences and a lot of people on here are saying they'd prefer it to go to another nation. The US is a long way down in most people's lists for 2018 - it's only you yanks, it seems to me, who are in favour of it returning to the states so soon after 94. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it and argue your case as loudly as the next guy. But I think you'll find you're going against a tidal wave of opinions that are coming from, well, the rest of the world, that say it should probably return to Europe after Brazil.

The fact that we've had ten friggin' threads about this and you're one of the only people arguing for a US 2018 WC shows this. The only people who've defended your opinion have been other Amercians. What I'm saying is; a USA 2018 WC doesn't seem to have universal appeal, at least not at the moment.

That might change in the next six or seven years. Who knows?!

We have nothing against your nation Baron (well, I don't anyway) and there is no reason why it shouldn't go to the US. But equally, there is no reason why it shouldn't go to Spain, England, China, Australia, Mexico etc.

We have our preferences and a lot of people on here are saying they'd prefer it to go to another nation. The US is a long way down in most people's lists for 2018 - it's only you yanks, it seems to me, who are in favour of it returning to the states so soon after 94. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it and argue your case as loudly as the next guy. But I think you'll find you're going against a tidal wave of opinions that are coming from, well, the rest of the world, that say it should probably return to Europe after Brazil.

The fact that we've had ten friggin' threads about this and you're one of the only people arguing for a US 2018 WC shows this. The only people who've defended your opinion have been other Amercians. What I'm saying is; a USA 2018 WC doesn't seem to have universal appeal, at least not at the moment.

Thank you, Rob, for your very civil and reasoned response.  You're right - my argument is as good as the next one; and it should be no less valid.

As for me being the only Yank here putting it forth, so what?  I guess the others aren't as passionate about it.  Altho if you will go back, a few have professed support; but yes, I am the only one to NOT LET the argument die -- because I believe strongly in it.  

Nothing is cast in stone to say that 2018 WON"T happen  in the U.S.  I don't care about all the contradictory talk.  1996 was supposed to go to Athens; 2000 was for Beijing; 2012 was for Paris -- but we all know how those turned out.  So who's to say that 2011 might not be favorable to the U.S.?  Precisely, it IS a long way off -- so all current bets are off.

And I will not take any guff from nor have the last word be from those twats arsewebb and his equally dumb Spanish counterpart.  But thanks for at least allowing me some consideration.  See Beth, I can be nice when the other party is.  Arsewebb and the spic are quite disagreeable and they'll get that from me as well.

This is the stupidest argument by far.  You still haven't shown me why it SHOULDN'T spring back to the US for 2018?  Seems like you haven't got a single argument that I can buy.

Not my fault you seemingly can't understand my argument.

#1 - It wasn't even your argument, dumbdore!

#2 - There's nothing to understand.  It's really quite stupid - stupid!

Thank you, Rob, for your very civil and reasoned response.  You're right - my argument is as good as the next one; and it should be no less valid.

As for me being the only Yank here putting it forth, so what?  I guess the others aren't as passionate about it.  Altho if you will go back, a few have professed support; but yes, I am the only one to NOT LET the argument die -- because I believe strongly in it.  

Nothing is cast in stone to say that 2018 WON"T happen  in the U.S.  I don't care about all the contradictory talk.  1996 was supposed to go to Athens; 2000 was for Beijing; 2012 was for Paris -- but we all know how those turned out.  So who's to say that 2011 might not be favorable to the U.S.?  Precisely, it IS a long way off -- so all current bets are off.

And I will not take any guff from nor have the last word be from those twats arsewebb and his equally dumb Spanish counterpart.  But thanks for at least allowing me some consideration.  See Beth, I can be nice when the other party is.  Arsewebb and the spic are quite disagreeable and they'll get that from me as well.

Errr Ok then...?   You did kind of ruin it with your last sentence though...

Oh, then why did 2002 go to Korea/Japan?  2010 - to Africa?  2014 to Brazil?  Where are those European votes you are talking about?  

First, 2002 was in Korea/Japan because WE WANT.

Second, 2010 was an AFRICAN edition, and it was an African edition because South Africa was beaten by Germany 4 years before when the FIFA wanted to go to Africa but the UEFA didn't want.

Third, 2014 will be in Brazil with the UEFA votes, so then the CONMEBOL votes will support a UEFA bid.

Fourth, we will se the USA finishing last in the 2011 vote.

:rolleyes:  :glare:

First, 2002 was in Korea/Japan because WE WANT.

Second, 2010 was an AFRICAN edition, and it was an African edition because South Africa was beaten by Germany 4 years before when the FIFA wanted to go to Africa but the UEFA didn't want.

Third, 2014 will be in Brazil with the UEFA votes, so then the CONMEBOL votes will support a UEFA bid.

Fourth, we will se the USA finishing last in the 2011 vote.

:rolleyes:  :glare:

Yeah, right.  In fact, you are WAAAAAYYYYY OFFF!

"We"?  Since when were you on the FIFA board?  :rolleyes:  And you also speak for FIFA now?  

Remember when you thought the 2nd-tier Spanish capital would vanquish London and Paris?

Boy, some people have a highly, mega-highly inflated sense of self.   :rolleyes:

Not my fault you seemingly can't understand my argument.

#1 - It wasn't even your argument, dumbdore!

#2 - There's nothing to understand.  It's really quite stupid - stupid!

Maybe you should have read my arguments then. But considering your incredibly mature references to myself and Mikel in another post, I'm not expecting any reasonable discussion from you any time soon.

Remember when you thought the 2nd-tier Spanish capital would vanquish London and Paris?

Yeah...

1st- the capital of one of the biggest empires of the History... the capital of your actual territory until we sell it to Mexico... :rolleyes:

2nd- one of the biggest cities in Europe (the biggest of Southern Europe)

3rd- the capital of the country with more relations with a growing zone: Iberoamerica :hmm:

4th- if Madrid isn't well known in your country it doesn't mean Madrid is a 2nd-tier city: 1st because you citizens are so twitt and uncultured and 2nd because the world doesn't begin and doesn't finish in the USA.

:rolleyes:

Yeah...

1st- the capital of one of the biggest empires of the History... the capital of your actual territory until we sell it to Mexico... :rolleyes:

2nd- one of the biggest cities in Europe (the biggest of Southern Europe)

3rd- the capital of the country with more relations with a growing zone: Iberoamerica :hmm:

4th- if Madrid isn't well known in your country it doesn't mean Madrid is a 2nd-tier city: 1st because you citizens are so twitt and uncultured and 2nd because the world doesn't begin and doesn't finish in the USA.

:rolleyes:

Whatever...Ho-hum.   :sleepy:

from asswipe:

Maybe you should have read my arguments then. But considering your incredibly mature references to myself and Mikel in another post, I'm not expecting any reasonable discussion from you any time soon.

Actually, I have really not bothered to process your ramblings, webb.  Your posts and tone are so condescending and assinine, that I have better things to do than even give you the time of day.  

Much as I enjoy watching "Masterpiece Theatre" and all its ilk, much of that pleasure disspates when the thought hits me that: Sheeit! there are totally insufferable, totally pompous jackasses like asswipe in real life out there in the UK!

Archived