Ghana

Japan

Korea, Democratic People's Republic

Korea, Republic of

Netherlands

Paraguay

South Africa

Spain

Germany was full credit for their win because they capitalized on their chance, the Russians lacked finishing. Maybe they shoulda get a penalty but in the end, the best team throughout qualifying for Group 4 won.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. The Russians should have had a penalty but can't really blame the ref as their balls into the box were mostly overhit and their finishing was poor. Germany deserved the win; it's just a shame we have to see that whinger Ballack at the world cup.

A handful, not many though. But I reluctantly have to support the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole when they put on an England shirt.

REF.....REF.....THERE'S A BEE ON YOUR HEAD......ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??!!.....THERE'S A BEE ON YOUR HEAD!!!

bee.gif

Anyways on the next match day:

Africa

Cameroon will qualify with a win against Morocco, a Gabon lose or a more convoluted way

Gabon will qualify with a win against Togo and a Cameroonian lose or draw

I am hoping Gabon is the qualifier.

Tunisia will qualify if they defeat Mozambique or Nigeria not beating Kenya

Nigeria will qualify with a defeat of Kenya and Tunisia losing or drawing with Mozambique

I hope Nigeria pulls through

Algeria will qualify with either a win, draw, a lose by one goal or a lose where they score 2 goals

Egypt will qualify if they win 2-0 or by 3 goals

Either or, Egypt has long been an under-perform during qualification, but Algeria would be alright too

Europe

Switzerland will qualify if they don't lose to Israel

Greece will qualify if they defeat Luxembourg and Switzerland lose to Israel

Go Switzerland!

Slovakia will qualify with a defeat of Poland or a Slovenia draw or lose to san Marino

Slovenia will qualify with a win against San Marino and a Slovakian draw or lose

CONCACAF

Costa Rica will qualify with a victory against the USA or a Honduran draw or lose against El Salvador

Honduras will qualify with a victory against El Salvador and a Costa Rican draw or lose.

Go Honduras!

Thankfully the USA is at home against Costa Rica so hopefully Honduras can get in there instead of Costa Rica.

South America

Argentina will qualify if they defeat Uruguay or if they draw and Ecuador fail to beat Chile by 4 goals

Uruguay will qualify with a victory

Ecuador needs to beat Chile by 5 goals while scoring at least as many goals as Argentina in a draw with Uruguay

Hopefully Argentina and Uruguay get spots 4 and 5 and beat the sh!t out of the ticos in the Concacaf playoff.

South America

Argentina will qualify if they defeat Uruguay or if they draw and Ecuador fail to beat Chile by 4 goals

Uruguay will qualify with a victory

Ecuador needs to beat Chile by 5 goals while scoring at least as many goals as Argentina in a draw with Uruguay

Hopefully Argentina and Uruguay get spots 4 and 5 and beat the sh!t out of the ticos in the Concacaf playoff.

Not true!

The situation is:

- Argentina 25

- Uruguay 24

- Ecuador 23

Ecuador plays Chile away. If it wins, it will secure at least the play-off spot, because Argentina and Uruguay play each other. The goal difference is only needed to clinch the direct qualification.

Uruguay plays Argentina in Montevideo, with Argentina having a terrible record as visitors. If Argentina loses it will need Chile not to lose to Ecuador. Two additional info: Chile is already qualified and Uruguay has only lost to Brazil at home.

My prediction is Uruguay at 4 and Argentina 5, with Ecuador losing to Chile.

Damn, I was sure Ecuador would play Chile in Quito. Things would be much easier then.

I never thought Uruguay could beat Ecuador in Quito, and they did. I watched the whole game, and the final result was a real surprise. Ecuador is even stronger than Brazil in Quito.

Yes, it seems that Argentina will qualify unless Chile gives Ecuador a free pass.

Not true!

The situation is:

- Argentina 25

- Uruguay 24

- Ecuador 23

Ecuador plays Chile away. If it wins, it will secure at least the play-off spot, because Argentina and Uruguay play each other. The goal difference is only needed to clinch the direct qualification.

Uruguay plays Argentina in Montevideo, with Argentina having a terrible record as visitors. If Argentina loses it will need Chile not to lose to Ecuador. Two additional info: Chile is already qualified and Uruguay has only lost to Brazil at home.

My prediction is Uruguay at 4 and Argentina 5, with Ecuador losing to Chile.

The conditions only apply to the direct 4th place qualifier not the 5th place play-off, so everything I said was true. For Ecuador to qualify in 4th place they need a Uruguay-Argentina draw and to beat Chile by 5 while scoring at least as many goals as Argentina does in their draw with Uruguay.

The play-off conditions will too complicated for me to care.

Oh, these last matches are as sweet as honey... Chile qualified, Argentina and Uruguay fighting after years of fixed matches, Maradona being attacked by their own people and waiting for Chilean help... priceless, priceless...

Anyway... Ecuador will lose in Santiago probably; Bielsa already said that they are going to win even after a lot of people asked him to lose so Argentina won't be in the World Cup. And I hope Uruguay will win... so my prediction is: Uruguay 4th, Argentina 5th, Ecuador 6th

I'm kinda pushing for Uruguay, just for the shock factor of Argentina not qualifying. I don't follow South American soccer, but from what I understand the Argentine coach is full of crap and the players just haven't been playing as well as they could.

I'm so happy the USA is going! Woooooooo!!!!!! Although, I'm also a French fan, and they need to get their act together in the play-offs so they can go! France is better than Serbia, but they Serbs won the group b/c they didn't get a bunch of tie scores. Agh!!

Classified so far:

Africa: Cote d´Ivore, Ghana, South Africa (hosts)

North/Central America: Mexico, USA

Asia: Japan, Korea, North Korea, Australia (OI OI OI!!!) :lol:

South America: Brazil, Chile, Paraguay

Europe: Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, England, Italy, Serbia

Roger, CAF already recapped that the other day:

Congratulations to

Chile

Cote d'Ivoire

Denmark

Germany

Italy

Mexico

Serbia

United States

which qualified yesterday

These are the countries, which had been qualified before yesterday:

Australia

Brazil

England

Ghana

Japan

Korea, Democratic People's Republic

Korea, Republic of

Netherlands

Paraguay

South Africa

Spain

BTW, it's "qualified" instead of "classified." ;)

The Desert Foxes of Algeria, the Fennecs, are very close to clinching, thus making their first appearance since 1986. But it will all come down on November 14 in Cairo against the Pharaohs. With a win or a loss by no more than a goal, it can happen. Egypt, the two-time reigning African Nations Cup holders, have to defeat Algeria by at least three goals. A two-goal margin win for the Pharoahs will result in either a draw or a playoff game. The intanigbles seem to favor Egypt coming in now, who are due for another World Cup appearance, but so is Algeria.

Today's matches:

Morocco v Cameroon - Cameroon wins and they are in

Togo v Gabon - Gabon wins and Morocco and Cameroon end in a draw or a Cameroonian lose and Gabon is in

Kenya v Nigeria - Nigeria wins combined with a Tunisian lose or draw and they are in

Mozambique v Tunisia - Tunisia wins and they're in

Egypt v Algeria - Algeria's through if they win, draw or lose by one goal, Egypt qualifies in all other possibilities

Rwanda v Zambia - doesn't matter

Denmark v Hungary - too complicated but ain't gonna happen

Portugal v Malta - Portugal wins and they are in the playoff

Sweden v Albania - Sweden is in the playoffs if they win and Malta draws Portugal

Greece v Luxembourg - Greece has to win and have a Swiss loss to Israel

Latvia v Moldova - Latvia is screwed when it involves 8 goals scored by Luxembourg

Switzerland v Israel - Switzerland wins or draws and they are in

Czech Republic v Northern Ireland - Czech Republic is the playoff finisher if they beat NI and Slovenia fails to beat San Marino

Poland v Slovakia - Slovakia wins and they're in

San Marino v Slovenia - Slovenia wins and they are in the playoffs, Slovenia wins and Slovakia draws or loses they are into the finals.

Azerbaijan v Russia

Germany v Finland

Liechtenstein v Wales

nothing can change in the group - Germany qualified, Russia in the playoff

Bosnia Herzegovina v Spain

Turkey v Armenia

Estonia v Belgium

Nothing can change in the group, poor Belgium - Spain qualified, Bosnia second (I hate Bosnia now, poaching Canadian playoff)

Andorra v Ukraine - Ukraine wins, they are in the playoffs

Kazakhstan v Croatia - Croatia wins combined with a Ukrainian draw or lose and they are in the playoffs

England v Belarus

France v Austria

Lithuania v Serbia

Romania v Faroe Islands

Nothing can change in the group - Serbia qualified and France in the playoffs

Bulgaria v Georgia

Italy v Cyprus

Rep. of Ireland v Montenegro

Nothing can change in the group - Italy qualified, Ireland in the playoffs, good on Montenegro for some impressive results

Norway can technically still qualify for the playoffs but it would require a 3-0 Malta scoreline.

El Salvador v Honduras - Honduras qualifies if they win and Costa Rica loses

Trinidad v Mexico

USA v Costa Rica - Costa Rica qualifies with a win, draw or Honduran lose

Peru v Bolivia

Brazil v Venezuela

Chile v Ecuador - Ecuador needs to beat the Chileans by 5 goals and Uru v Arg is a draw

Paraguay v Colombia

Uruguay v Argentina - Argentina wins and they're in, Uruguay wins and they're in

The playoff position possibilities are complicated so I'm not going into it.

Archived