World Cup Qualifiers

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rob is right about the penalties.

Our U20-Team has just lost to Brazil in Egypt. No semi final, but they were lucky to get so far. Nobody excepted that.

Parabéns Brasil, you deserve it.

Excuse me? The Germans were one of the favourites along with the Italians and Brazilians.

About the penalty, the commentator for the game here said the reason the referee didn't give the penalty was because the Russian players put themselves in the position most likely to be failed, instead of the position most likely to be in a good technical position. The Russians tried to initiate contact to draw fouls.

Bloody English, can't even beat Ukraine.

About the penalty, the commentator for the game here said the reason the referee didn't give the penalty was because the Russian players put themselves in the position most likely to be failed, instead of the position most likely to be in a good technical position. The Russians tried to initiate contact to draw fouls.

The second penalty claim was a certain penalty. That argument hold no water. The ref got it completely wrong. Regardless of whether he looked for it or not it was an obvious foul and an obvious penalty. His leg went out, tripped the player who was running for the ball, and the ball was nowhere near. I've seen very few more obvious penalties not given.

I know, they won the E-Ch last year, but many Bundesliga clubs dont let their players play in Egypt.

Yea, it was disappointing but honestly the draw screwed Germany, they are of a quality better then 3 of the 4 semi-finalist. There luck is that the lost to the the 1 of 4.

That was an exciting match between Russia and Germany -- and frankly, I didn't expect beforehand that the Germans would win it. But that victory has a slight bitter taste due to the penalty denied to the Russians. The Germans can also call themselves lucky that Boateng's sending-off didn't harm their result. But the Russians were simply not able to seize their great scoring opportunities.

I hope that they qualify via the play-offs. They certainly deserve it.

It should be awesome! New Zealand have everything to play for and should have a good chance to qualify.

The one thing you guys have going against you is the away goal rule, since no goals where scored in Bahrain. Anyway, good luck to the Kiwis, get the OFC to South Africa!

That was an exciting match between Russia and Germany -- and frankly, I didn't expect beforehand that the Germans would win it. But that victory has a slight bitter taste due to the penalty denied to the Russians. The Germans can also call themselves lucky that Boateng's sending-off didn't harm their result. But the Russians were simply not able to seize their great scoring opportunities.

I hope that they qualify via the play-offs. They certainly deserve it.

Germany was full credit for their win because they capitalized on their chance, the Russians lacked finishing. Maybe they shoulda get a penalty but in the end, the best team throughout qualifying for Group 4 won.

It looks like 4 of Europeans previous qualifiers will not make a return trip, namely Croatia, Czech Republic, Sweden and Poland. Its unfortunate about Croatia and Sweden but they only have themselves to blame. The Danes exceeded all expectations and I am very happy Denmark is going to South Africa. I am extremely worried that Slovakia will screw qualification up again like usual. Slovenia is going to win against San Marino, so Slovakia has the task of getting a point against Poland away. I am completely torn about this, I loved watching the little Slovenia play in 2002 but Slovakia has always come so close and never reached the end point and I know neither of them will fair well in the play-offs with the likes of Ukraine, Portugal, Greece and Russia. I am also extremely disappointed about Norway, but again they only have themselves to blame. Also I would like to see Bosnia go through.

Just to add that Brazil and Paraguay are already qualified.

I believe Chile will easily win today and qualify.

Depending on the Ecuador vs Uruguay and Argentina vs Peru results today, the last round, on Wednesday with Argentina vs Uruguay possibly fighting for a remaining spot should be thrilling!

I believe that at the end, Argentina will qualify in the playoff. Maradona has been there for the 94 qualifing, as a player, and they got it against Australia.

If I'm not mistaken, this time the playoff will be against a team from north/central America...

Wednesday will be amazing!!!

Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador are going to fight for the last spot and the play-off against Concacaf.

Ecuador has to beat qualified Chile away. It's tough for Ecuador, but the Chileans hate the Argentineans. If they let it slide, Argentina might be out.

Uruguay and Argentina are likely to clinch both spots, with Argentina going for the draw. If Uruguay wins, Argentina will go to the playoff unless Ecuador wins. If Argentina wins, the same goes for Uruguay, since it has a 12 goals advantage in goal difference.

CEACHEÍ CHÍ! ELE É! LE!

CHI, CHI, CHI, LE, LE, LE

VIVA CHILE!

OMG, it was such an incredible and exciting match... I've just arrived after celebrating close to my home... President Bachelet now is talking on TV about the victory and thousands of people are celebrating in Plaza Italia, in the downtown...

Finally, Chile is back in the World Cup... I remember when I, one o was a child with 10 years and Chile was in France '98, watching the matches at school, everybody celebrating... it was incredible, one of the best moments of my childhood... so Chile in South Africa is amazing :)

Congratulations to Mexico, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Serbia and Ivory Coast... we'll see you in SA

The one thing you guys have going against you is the away goal rule, since no goals where scored in Bahrain. Anyway, good luck to the Kiwis, get the OFC to South Africa!

Thats true... But we held them to a draw which is good for us.

Archived