Bursa 2038

Augie4040

Bursa is a wonderful city, I stayed there for a month in Summer 2002. I wasnt there for winter, but I hear it is the Ski capital of Annatolia.

turkey has been beating the same dead horse for the Summer GAmes. Istanbul is lovely, but it has serious drawbacks when it bids(why it gets kicked out int he 1st round for the past 2 bids)

However, if Turkey wants an Olympics, would a WOG, a smaller/ more feasable games be the better bet?

I think so.

The first Olympics held in the Middle East, and Winter Games at that.

A Winter games nessled between Greece & Iraq, sounds too exotic to pass up.

Plus Turkey could finance more easily than a behemoth Summer Games.

Munich is a legit candidate, but I think Pyeongchang has it in the bag, it would be super insulting for it to get 2nd in balloting 3 turns in a row. After that Asia might have to wait awhile.

I remember a posting that showed how the "8s" are very lucky for Asia.

SEOUL 1988

NAGANO 1998

BEIJING 2008

PYENONGCHANG 2018(likely)

If Turkey put the cash into infrastructure and medaled( a bronze or 2) in 2014, 2018, 2022, 2026, and 2030 come the IOC session in 2031, the IOC may be more inclined to give this off-the-beaten-path Bid due consideration.

So in my humble opinion Turkey needs to cut out the Istanbul bids and concentrate on sports development, mainly Winter sports(God knows they know how to win weightlifting and wrestling medals). Build state of the art venues and recruit like crazy.

Is a WOG bid the better bet for TURKEY to actually WIN an Olympics?

Sigh.

We have spoken about this before - do a search for fuckks sake.

Dont get so emotional. You'll pop a blood vessel.

Yeah the past Bursa posts were abut 2014, which is not happening, plus that post was from 2006 or 2007. Time for a fresh start.

Its worth a fresh discussion, not digging around in the forum graveyard for posts-of-Christmas-past.

Not really as they are not bidding for 2018 and there is no further discussion until they put their hands up for it.

I've been to Manila recently. Did I start a thread about Manila being a viable option for an Olympics/Youth Games/ Asian Games/ SEA Games whatever?

Nope.

Self censorship is a rare gift my young padawan. You could have folded this into an different discussion but yet again you feel the need to steamroll in and newbie the fuckk out of an established forum.

Down boy.

Down.

Not really as they are not bidding for 2018 and there is no further discussion until they put their hands up for it.

I've been to Manila recently. Did I start a thread about Manila being a viable option for an Olympics/Youth Games/ Asian Games/ SEA Games whatever?

Nope.

Self censorship is a rare gift my young padawan. You could have folded this into an different discussion but yet again you feel the need to steamroll in and newbie the fuckk out of an established forum.

Down boy.

Down.

if you dont like the thread.....ignore it.

Newbie? Padawan? I mean are you serious? Youre like 42 right? Why do you use lingo like some over-caffenated dickhead 14year old who is obsessed with World of Warcraft.

Who gives a **** about Manila, the Philippines have enough trouble keeping their villagers from getting washed away by rainstorms.

Next time you have an opinion about me, send an email, dont post it. I would have sent this to you in a private message however, you dont allow messages on here.

Todays lesson: Dont be a cunt.

Nope.

Down boy.

Down.

where you really here in manila recently? when?

Archived