NHL HOCKEY IS BACK

According to the CBC and other news agencies, the NHL and the NHLPA have reached a tentitive deal that would mean hockey would be back on the ice in 30 cities across North America come October this year, now a lot of questions have to be answered, but my principle one is, will Sakic, Foote, Blake, Forsberg, and Tangauy be back in Colorado this season

It won't be known until next week weather or not NHL players will be in the Olympics in Torino, but heres hoping.

Finally, a few teams are going to start their slow march towards death this coming season, i wonder who they are going to be

CBC

It will be interesting on what the IIHF president has to say, about NHL players at Torino 2006. By the way, isn't he the head coordinator with the IOC to Vancouver 2010?

I think dropping the All Star game for the Olympics is a brilliant idea.  The All Star game is so boring anyways, the skills competition is about the only excitement the entire weekend and most players picked by the public are only picked because they are personal favorites(ie.  Modano had a terrible year in 03/04 and was selected to the All Star team :rolleyes: ).

Anyways, the Olympic Hockey is ALWAYS full of excitement!  And with the new format where all the teams get into the action right away means more intense hockey for us!

NHL + Olympics = BRILLIANT

I agree. All star games here in North America are jokes. You know, I follow the National Rugby League in Australia which has an annual 3 match State of Origin series between players from New South Wales and players from Queensland. It's so heated fights are not only common but expected. Bragging rights will do that.

I hope this deal really is done. As a huge hockey fan, I actually didn't miss it as much as I thought I would for the last 10 months. Obviously following football, rugby, Australian Rules football have helped out. But I'm ready. I just hope there actually will be hockey on television, I know NBC will have coverage following the Torino Games (which they will televise as you know), so I hope ESPN reconsiders backing out on its deal with the NHL. I doubt it though. But I'm excited to finally at last see Sidney Crosby in action if he gets into the league. I've heard quite good things about this kid, I can't believe I'm saying that as I'm 22, but he got Rimouski Oceanic to the Memorial Cup final this past season which is a pretty good feat, though they lost to London Knights. Game On! I hope...

Here in Canada Sidney Crosby has been compared to Wayne Gretzky for the past 3-4 years.  He's an EXTREMLEY talented player and whoever wins the lottery on Thursday(Draft Draw) will most likely pick him up.  If they dont they will most likely regret the decision.

Its hilarious on SportsNet they've been doing Mock Draft Draws and so far I know they selected Toronto Maple Leafs(which has 1 ball) and the Chicago Black Hawks(which has 2 balls).  Should be interesting.

GO EDMONTON OILERS :)

Here in Canada Sidney Crosby has been compared to Wayne Gretzky for the past 3-4 years.  He's an EXTREMLEY talented player and whoever wins the lottery on Thursday(Draft Draw) will most likely pick him up.  If they dont they will most likely regret the decision.

Its hilarious on SportsNet they've been doing Mock Draft Draws and so far I know they selected Toronto Maple Leafs(which has 1 ball) and the Chicago Black Hawks(which has 2 balls).  Should be interesting.

GO EDMONTON OILERS :)

crosby has the same problems as Olvechkin, and is no where near as good as some players that are in the league, or have played in recent history. I really hope Colorado doesn't get the first pick because i don't want him on my team

Crosby should go to where he'll be most appreciated i.e. one of the six Canadian teams. It would be in the NHL's interest to have him play for a Canadian team, but I doubt it will happen. One analyst here in the States is saying he should go to New York Rangers. Why? What's the point in that, since a: most people here couldn't tell him from Bing Crosby or Sydney Australia and b: the Rangers are perennial underachievers, and that's not going to change this coming season. But I could be wrong...

Crosby should go to where he'll be most appreciated i.e. one of the six Canadian teams. It would be in the NHL's interest to have him play for a Canadian team, but I doubt it will happen. One analyst here in the States is saying he should go to New York Rangers. Why? What's the point in that, since a: most people here couldn't tell him from Bing Crosby or Sydney Australia and b: the Rangers are perennial underachievers, and that's not going to change this coming season. But I could be wrong...

the best place for Crosby is in an underachieving US market, NY being the largest, the NHL wants Crosby in the largest market possible, so Chicago, NY, LA, Boston or Atlanta

Denver or Detroit too.... they are huge NHL markets... even Dallas

Denver, Detriot and Dallas all have a good fan base, sell out more than half their games, and are generally supported in the city, they don't need Crosby, especially Colorado since they have Sakic and Forsberg

If i was NHL i would first set out to see what teams are in the most trouble:

Tampa Bay Lightning

Florida Panthers

Nashville Preditors

Carolina Hurricanes

Phoenix Coyotes

Pittsburgh Penguins

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Florida and Carolina should be forced to fold

Pittsburgh can stay were it is, that leaves TB, Nashville, Phoenix and Anaheim

replacement cities include

Indianapolic, Indiana

Baltimore, Maryland

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Seattle, Washington

Portland Oregon

Salt Lake City, Utah

Forsberg is most likely on his way out of Denver.  There are a ton of free agents so all the teams are going to look different next season.

Forsberg has said there are only two teams we wants to play for Modo and Colorado, there is no way Lecroix will let Forsberg go

Archived