Consolation For Chicago Supporters

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better get to work on that, danny.

Maybe Brazil's ahead in the field of plastic surgery and samba-injured hips?? ;)

We had nominees in the past, Argentines got luckier than us... :angry:

Our best chance lately was... LULA!!!! For Peace Nobel Prize some years ago... LOLs

Any of 'em from Chicago by any chance? ;)

Now if only the Nobel Committee would inject a bit of public drama into the process like the IOC does.Then we could have thousands of people standing in front of giant screens waiting to see whose name will be read out!! :P

Hey the UofC is the 2nd in the world by affiliation, just behind the Cambridge University:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel...ity_affiliation

I hope we get the economics, if not this year soon, then we consolidate our leadership in the field. Right now UofC has 10 prizes in economics (people were at the UofC at the award time), 5 other institutions have 4 prizes.

i had a chance to go that uni... but im afraid of cold winters...

its one of the best in world..

I'm right now at UofC, I happen to know other Turkish studying with me, if you want I can put you in touch with them.

Believe me the winter sucks but you can make it with a good coat, gloves, and other protections. It is worth, great education, but expect to work really hard, the "WHERE FUN COMES TO DIE" motto is true.

Someone asked how would nobel prizes would bring benefits for a city/country. Well the education industry brings thousands of people to Chicagoland, not only to the University of Chicago, but also The Northwestern University (which is as great as the UofC), De Paul University, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and several other Universities and Colleges. Believe me, charging from 30k to 50K in tuition can help the GDP!

Someone asked how would nobel prizes would bring benefits for a city/country. Well the education industry brings thousands of people to Chicagoland, not only to the University of Chicago, but also The Northwestern University (which is as great as the UofC), De Paul University, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and several other Universities and Colleges. Believe me, charging from 30k to 50K in tuition can help the GDP!

And that was the Legacy Phase which Cvrtlik had outlined to those doofuses at the IOC -- unviersities not only in the Chicago area but around the US offering athletic scholarships and technical training for coaches to the rest of the world. So the big, fat IOC lumpheads will deny the youth of the world that golden opportunity.

Here's how you roll, you don't even feel it in these babies. Canada Goose!!!!! The best!

g0_canadagoose_men_chilliwack_parka_black.jpgproductimg1233395883193.jpg661250120496028cd5b7d9.jpg

lol thanks a lot but not my sytle...

its nice in Istanbul... even in paris i didnt wear them in january:D

belive me paris is cold as HELLLLLL :S

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Emre, sorry, now I saw your last post. never mind...

Unless you want to go for a PhD, hehehe

lol thanks a lot but to be honest im not a fun of US education :)

thats another reason i didnt want to go there...

but most probably prefere kingston in london to have a certificate of advertisement :)

at least 3 hours from istanbul:D

Hey the UofC is the 2nd in the world by affiliation, just behind the Cambridge University:

I don't doubt it but I was talking about the 3 winners that Baron mentioned.It was just a lighthearted comment! ;)

And that was the Legacy Phase which Cvrtlik had outlined to those doofuses at the IOC -- unviersities not only in the Chicago area but around the US offering athletic scholarships and technical training for coaches to the rest of the world. So the big, fat IOC lumpheads will deny the youth of the world that golden opportunity.

You're right. I was extremely pleased with the Chicago's video, when the 17 older boxer said something like this: "box has given me confidence, but a couple of years form now I will be in college, then my masters, and then my PhD". IMO a powerful message. By the way, the best swimmers in Brazil - Cesar Cielo and Gustavo Borges - studied and trained in the USA, the first in Auburn and the Second in Michigan (he is a Wolverine). I studied last year with a silver medalist for the USA team which lost the final for Thorpe's Australia at Mens 4x200 Free Relay, given that it was Thorpe in the other team it is worth as a gold one, hehe.

You must admit, however, Ctvrtlik did a pretty lame job of presenting this concept. Unless you could decode what he was saying, this section of the presentation felt a bit like a non-sequitur. I thought he was incredibly weak during the presentation and especially in the question time. Ugh... that legacy question. His answer was the kiss of death.

You must admit, however, Ctvrtlik did a pretty lame job of presenting this concept. Unless you could decode what he was saying, this section of the presentation felt a bit like a non-sequitur. I thought he was incredibly weak during the presentation and especially in the question time. Ugh... that legacy question. His answer was the kiss of death.

Even if he were Demosthenes, it would not have mattered. The IOC minds were on southern beaches and LOOONNNNG HAULS for the athletes come 2016.

Even if he were Demosthenes, it would not have mattered. The IOC minds were on southern beaches and LOOONNNNG HAULS for the athletes come 2016.

No, it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it was still an embarrassment. I would really like to see the U.S. put together a clear, articulate, moving presentation for the next SOG bid. Something with the personal warmth, factual clarity and emotional impact of London 2012. It wouldn't have made any difference this time, but the presentation was still pathetic (apart from the Obamas).

No, it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it was still an embarrassment. I would really like to see the U.S. put together a clear, articulate, moving presentation for the next SOG bid. Something with the personal warmth, factual clarity and emotional impact of London 2012. It wouldn't have made any difference this time, but the presentation was still pathetic (apart from the Obamas).

It still goes to my other belief that presenting #1 is the KISS OF DEATH. For the summers, I bet if somebody looked up the order of presentations, maybe 1 in 8 would show that the first presenter had an advantage over at least FOUR rivals.

Chicago should've cashed it in once they got the opener spot. I would've say:...bye... which would've moved Tokyo into #2 and given them the Kiss of Death.

Methinks the US has just hit an exhaustion plateau, much like Spain's constant reappearing with bids so quickly after Barcelona for a country of its size and performance. I'm wondering that this is an end of the big player era, for the summer games anyways, and any country having more than one games in a few decades is "too much".

I'm not American. I'm from Barbados. But anyone can see that the USa has contributed great sportsmen like Owens and Spitz and should always be in the ranking to stage next Olympics.

Spain is too low of a country with poor contribution to Olympic history to deserve another Olympics after 1992.

So, based on that, Only China and US should host???

Nana, you aren't serious, go back to your wonderful beaches you have there in Barbados.

If I were you, living there, I would not waste my time on the web...

Go swim!

Spain is too low of a country with poor contribution to Olympic history to deserve another Olympics after 1992.

Not quite. If by 'contribution' you mean the performance of its athletes in the Olympics, then Spain is in the powerhouse circle. But I think Barcelona 1992 is its biggest contribution to the movement.

Archived