Consolation For Chicago Supporters

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barack Obama won Peace Nobel Prize...

At least Obama and Chicago won something in Scandinavia...

Hahahahaaa!!!!! How funny!

He won for his fight for the disarmament... What fight? Bloody hell...

That's what I call a proper consolation prize!

Congratz Obama!

As I said in Twitter: Didi Mocó worths a Peace Nobel more than Obama... This is true!

:lol: You're exaggerating now, hehehe

Here it is something for next Monday, from Greg Mankiw's Blog:

Friday, October 09, 2009

First-Year Grad Student Wins Nobel Prize in Economics!

From the Associated Press (with some light editing):

Pfuffnick's Nobel Economics Prize triumph hailed by many

LONDON — The surprise choice of first-year graduate student Quintus Pfuffnick for the Nobel Prize in Economics drew praise from much of the world Friday even as many pointed out the youthful economist has not yet published anything in scholarly journals.

The new PhD candidate was hailed for his willingness to tackle difficult problems, his commitment to improving the economic system, and his goal of bringing efficiency and equality into harmony.

Professor Paul Krugman of Princeton, who won the prize in 2008, said Pfuffnick's award shows great things are expected from him in the coming years.

"In a way, it's an award coming near the beginning of the first year in grad school of a relatively young economist that anticipates an even greater contribution towards making our economy a better place for all," he said. "It is an award that speaks to the promise of Mr Pfuffnick's message of hope."

He said the prize is a "wonderful recognition of Pfuffnick's essay in his grad school application."

:lol: You're exaggerating now, hehehe

Here it is something for next Monday, from Greg Mankiw's Blog:

Friday, October 09, 2009

First-Year Grad Student Wins Nobel Prize in Economics!

From the Associated Press (with some light editing):

Pfuffnick's Nobel Economics Prize triumph hailed by many

LONDON — The surprise choice of first-year graduate student Quintus Pfuffnick for the Nobel Prize in Economics drew praise from much of the world Friday even as many pointed out the youthful economist has not yet published anything in scholarly journals.

The new PhD candidate was hailed for his willingness to tackle difficult problems, his commitment to improving the economic system, and his goal of bringing efficiency and equality into harmony.

Professor Paul Krugman of Princeton, who won the prize in 2008, said Pfuffnick's award shows great things are expected from him in the coming years.

"In a way, it's an award coming near the beginning of the first year in grad school of a relatively young economist that anticipates an even greater contribution towards making our economy a better place for all," he said. "It is an award that speaks to the promise of Mr Pfuffnick's message of hope."

He said the prize is a "wonderful recognition of Pfuffnick's essay in his grad school application."

Why exaggerated??? Didi Mocó has been the front of that Criança Esperança for more than 20 years raising millions annualy to help institutions that deal with sick and poor children. It sounds funny, but he has done WAY WAY WAY more than Barack Obama to that subject... You say that because he is OLD, UGLY AND BRAZILIAN - and more than that, because he is from Northeast of Brazil. I'm sorry to say, but you are way twisted. And just for being a COMEDIAN he has done a lot more, since Barack Obama is just someone to the World for like what, 10 months?

And another US american that did much more to deserve one "Nobel" (the prize has just lost its nobel status IMO) is Rudolph Giulianni, for his battle against Crime in NYC and what has he won?

Brazil will never win a Nobel Prize - let's face it. We're not "America". Anyways, wha- Eh-vah! The Nobel is just too Nobel for Brazilians and I'm fine with that. At least we don't win pitty Nobels or a consolation Nobels...

Why exaggerated??? Didi Mocó has been the front of that Criança Esperança for more than 20 years raising millions annualy to help institutions that deal with sick and poor children. It sounds funny, but he has done WAY WAY WAY more than Barack Obama to that subject... You say that because he is OLD, UGLY AND BRAZILIAN - and more than that, because he is from Northeast of Brazil. I'm sorry to say, but you are way twisted. And just for being a COMEDIAN he has done a lot more, since Barack Obama is just someone to the World for like what, 10 months?

And another US american that did much more to deserve one "Nobel" (the prize has just lost its nobel status IMO) is Rudolph Giulianni, for his battle against Crime in NYC and what has he won?

Brazil will never win a Nobel Prize - let's face it. We're not "America". Anyways, wha- Eh-vah! The Nobel is just too Nobel for Brazilians and I'm fine with that. At least we don't win pitty Nobels or a consolation Nobels...

You didn't get my sarcasm right? Especially with what came afterward with the "economics prize"...

BTW I'm Brazilian.

You didn't get my sarcasm right? Especially with what came afterward with the "economics prize"...

BTW I'm Brazilian.

I honestly didn't. I really thought that you meant what you said.

Renato Aragão's alter ego might not be the hullabaloo caused by a black Man running, for the first time, the throne of an all-time team of white kings, but man he is one of many Brazilians that deserved way mor that prize for what it used to be awarded for.

Imma create an award for future accomplishments. It'll be called the "We'll just never know" awards. The difference is that all of the nominees wins at the end. BTW I am just about to award myself the prize for the category "Best new future gay football player". If I never get really to be the Best new future gay football player, I don't need to feel guilty for having spent the 1,5million dollars prize of course, because the prize is called "We'll just never now awards". Now WAIT! What? There already is a We'll just never know awards? The Nobel Prize? Oh Bummer!

The felt REALLY REALLY sorry for you past snubs. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Plus those pesky American always get the games, give it to RIO!

Four past snubs for Rio versus 1 Billion past snubs for the USA... tell me about MAJOR FAIL...

And there was more than "America" and Rio nesta parada... If the chosen one wasn't Rio, "America" would still need to beat TOKYO AND MADRID, which BTW, "America" just didn't! :P

Not sure if this is a reference to Obama, but I'm not a big Obama fan so whatever you are saying falls very flat.......I don't think he deserved a Nobel Prize yet, it's just the usual to me, everyone fawning over Barack. <_<

But you know........ I must say,.......you are always so defensive. I don’t feel bad about Brazil hosting the Olympics; I always thought Rio would win the 2016 bid, didn’t everyone really?? Of course I was rooting for the home town, but I think the US has certainly had its share of games, and you have never had them. I say have fun and stop feeling so sorry for yourself and acting like everyone is against Brazil.

Not sure if this is a reference to Obama, but I'm not a big Obama fan so whatever you are saying falls very flat.......I don't think he deserved a Nobel Prize yet, it's just the usual to me, everyone fawning over Barack. <_<

But you know........ I must say,.......you are always so defensive. I don’t feel bad about Brazil hosting the Olympics; I always thought Rio would win the 2016 bid, didn’t everyone really?? Of course I was rooting for the home town, but I think the US has certainly had its share of games, and you have never had them. I say have fun and stop feeling so sorry for yourself and acting like everyone is against Brazil.

No it's not a reference to Obama. I have nothing against him. Ever since you brought up the subject SOG, by saying the 2016 olympics is a pitty games to Brazil, I looked back in History just to realize that Brazil had four failed bids against God knows how many USA failed bids. Take for instance the Helsinki games. Do you know who were the contenders agaisnt Helsinki for those games? Nothing more than 5 "American" cities. Count those with at least one American city biding the other 30 SOGs, minus the four times "America" were awarded and do the math USA X Brazil fails in SOG.

Oh yeah, If Brazilians do not stand for their country, who will? The way I see we're defending our country from people who are in desperate need to reafirm their grandness by lowering the rest of the world, and they do not realise that at the end of the day, they're being defensive themselves.

And WHO always knew Rio was gonna win these SOG? I didn't. And FOR SURE lots of US Americans here didn't too. C'mon! Don't expect us to be on the concordance of your gross "Oh, let Brazil have the games this time" innuendo. All of the four bids were exellent and for what I know, there were favourites, but these were only fruit of our anxious imaginations. If Tokyo ended up as a winner, for example, we shouldn't blame anyone else for our sadness but ourselves for trying to anticipate everything. We're not in the minds of any of the IOC members to know or predict what's gonna happen in the elections.

No it's not a reference to Obama. I have nothing against him. Ever since you brought up the subject SOG, by saying the 2016 olympics is a pitty games to Brazil, I looked back in History just to realize that Brazil had four failed bids against God knows how many USA failed bids. Take for instance the Helsinki games. Do you know who were the contenders agaisnt Helsinki for those games? Nothing more than 5 "American" cities. Count those with at least one American city biding the other 30 SOGs, minus the four times "America" were awarded and do the math USA X Brazil fails in SOG.

Oh yeah, If Brazilians do not stand for their country, who will? The way I see we're defending our country from people who are in desperate need to reafirm their grandness by lowering the rest of the world, and they do not realise that at the end of the day, they're being defensive themselves.

And WHO always knew Rio was gonna win these SOG? I didn't. And FOR SURE lots of US Americans here didn't too. C'mon! Don't expect us to be on the concordance of your gross "Oh, let Brazil have the games this time" innuendo. All of the four bids were exellent and for what I know, there were favourites, but these were only fruit of our anxious imaginations. If Tokyo ended up as a winner, for example, we shouldn't blame anyone else for our sadness but ourselves for trying to anticipate everything. We're not in the minds of any of the IOC members to know or predict what's gonna happen in the elections.

I don't feel too bad about Helsinki. :blink::lol::lol::lol:

I honestly didn't. I really thought that you meant what you said.

Renato Aragão's alter ego might not be the hullabaloo caused by a black Man running, for the first time, the throne of an all-time team of white kings, but man he is one of many Brazilians that deserved way mor that prize for what it used to be awarded for.

I believe you haven't read my whole post then, otherwise you'd have noticed it, you just read the first part.

Anyway, that's why the Peace prize is so controversial, though they have honored some great people like Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Tenzin Gyatso, Marthin Luther King Jr., and so on. Ghandi was their biggest mistakes in my opinion, perhaps this is their second.

I believe you haven't read my whole post then, otherwise you'd have noticed it, you just read the first part.

Anyway, that's why the Peace prize is so controversial, though they have honored some great people like Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Tenzin Gyatso, Marthin Luther King Jr., and so on. Ghandi was their biggest mistakes in my opinion, perhaps this is their second.

Exactly! Can it get any shallower?

Forgive me for not paying extra attention to your previous post. I honestly did not understand what you meant.

Fully agreed!

Now Rio won, we became "the defensive"...

They can say a lot of crap of Brazil, but we can not try to show our opinion... Funny!

Well, at least in football/soccer, we are known for be the "offensives" one... LOL

Archived