It isn't funny at all. It's actually quite sad. You are the one who rejects any suggestion of an animal mascot.

What, then? One of those freakish-looking hybrids that have been used in the last few olympic games? Brazil has thousands and thousands of beautiful animals and an animal is to be rejected because...?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said I don't expect... I mean, I think Rio OCOG will not use an animal...

I really like Caue, it was nice idea.

Brazil have lots and lots of beautiful animals, but YOU prefer a bullet!

IT'S NOT FUNNY AND IT'S QUITE OFFENSIVE TO THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT YOUR BULLET-MASCOT!

YOU ARE PLAYING THE JERK HERE WITH THIS PIPOCO IN YOUR SIG.

Braz, the bullets used in sports are not the same kind you are posting in your signature.

BTW, you've been reported. It's offensive at all.

I don't mind. I have already seen how many Brazilian posters here are crudely aggressive against foreigners, but cannot handle any criticism or joke. I am sorry I am not defensive and can joke about our country.

You was the concerned guy, but now you are the joker...

If someday some of your relatives be a victim of crime, should I laugh of this???

Maybe a bullet into the head of your father or mother, will it be funny?

Probably not.

You was the concerned guy, but now you are the joker...

If someday some of your relatives be a victim of crime, should I laugh of this???

Maybe a bullet into the head of your father or mother, will it be funny?

Probably not.

I am both: I am concerned (unlike some here, who see this event as just a huge party), but I am always in a great mood.

And this still did not answer the main question: why are many Brazilians here so aggressive against foreigners but so defensive when it comes to their own country? A mature nation is a nation whose natives accept criticisms about it and can take all comments about their country, humorous or not, in stride.

The defensive just increases... "Hey, Maybe a bullet into the head of your father or mother, will it be funny?"

Jesus!...

Logo.png

Ziraldo and Vik Muniz, two Brazilian plastic artists have drawn , by request of Fantástico, Brazilian weekly TV News show, one Mascot and a logo both for Rio 2016. Vik drawn the sun logo (which BTW I found BORING and Flat... Here comes the sun again! Enough of PanAm's DejaVu Hullabaloo! And sugar loaf AGAIN!) and Ziraldo drawn the Brazilian Girl Mascot, which I really liked. A female represented in a mascot, something really innovative. He even said that she could be presented in various forms, wearing diverse types of clothes, not only the Biquini.

I don't think a female, even if she is the "Girl from Ipanema" as a mascot, would go down very well with a lot of people...

LOL, can you imagine if Chicago won and they made their Mascot the "Playboy Bunny"? After all, Huge Hefner is a native of Chicago and the very first Playboy Club was located there :P

I would suggest as main mascot a character closely based on the Bonito-do-campo, also named Bandeirinha ("Little flag", for obvious reasons), the Chlorophonia cyanea, a widespread bird in Rio de Janeiro (including in the national parks located in the city of Rio itself):

00000011120.jpg

00000011691.jpg

He's kind of the same colors as Jose Carioca, no?

I think it's time to leave this forum...

This place is filling up with people that are not serious to discuss Olympics, and only want to destroy the image of Rio and Brazil.

Braz, you are an idiot.

It's good to know that you think it's funny that a bullet (that kills people) should be a mascot of the event that have a message of peace...

Danny, it's called "Black Humor".

Tucan

tucan.jpg

Mico Leao Dourado

brasil-4.jpg

no doubt 2 very Brazilian animals..

that mico leao dourado scared the heck out of me. i saw it out of the corener of my eye and kind of freaked out.

and General Mills may have some sort of copy rights to the Tucan for "froot loops" (i really hate that they spell fruit wrong)

that mico leao dourado scared the heck out of me. i saw it out of the corener of my eye and kind of freaked out.

and General Mills may have some sort of copy rights to the Tucan for "froot loops" (i really hate that they spell fruit wrong)

Rio can't have a tucan mascot bcuz of froot loops?! Lol nah the froot Tucan is purple and pink(?) I don't think there shud be a prob. I like the mico alot, it's funny looking, very common in brazil and the color of the Sun, and Rio luvs that..

Rio can't have a tucan mascot bcuz of froot loops?! Lol nah the froot Tucan is purple and pink(?) I don't think there shud be a prob. I like the mico alot, it's funny looking, very common in brazil and the color of the Sun, and Rio luvs that..

My assessment is that you never want to mess with a company with some similar looking logo. And it’s a bit different but there is another thread about how people in Canada are ticked that their team logo looks like the Conservative Parties logo.

And if they made the mico a little cuter I could get behind that: lol:

My assessment is that you never want to mess with a company with some similar looking logo. And it’s a bit different but there is another thread about how people in Canada are ticked that their team logo looks like the Conservative Parties logo.

And if they made the mico a little cuter I could get behind that: lol:

1221258908.png

:lol:

Answer Braz...

Why so defensive? I don't like unaccurate data.

GamesBids forums are plenty of it.

I'm very concern about lots of thing in Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games. The link Gavea-Barra with new tunnels just scares me. Overrun cost is a real concern, and besides the fact I'm a huge support of Rio SOG, I won't like to know that the money for Olympic have been not well used.

We have some concerns in common. I have some critics to Rio's project. But I want to discuss it in a serious way.

Posting bullets as mascots and make stupid jokes with serious things, yes, it makes me mad, and others here, since it will not help in the discussion and this kind of humour are not always welcome.

Check if the foreigners here are destroying the image of their countries... You are the only idiot here doing it. And I don't like anti-patriotic people, and nothing obligates me to think this kind of people are idiots!

Even the paulistas here are contributing with their opinions without stupid jokes (most of them I disagree, but we are talking in a good mood).

Why this behaviour? What do you win with this attitude? Some laugh because you are destroying the image of Rio?

Stupid things for a stupid person.

Grow up and talk serious, that why many posters are here.

If you think you are a comedian, go to Comedy Central site.

Archived