Logo.png

Ziraldo and Vik Muniz, two Brazilian plastic artists have drawn , by request of Fantástico, Brazilian weekly TV News show, one Mascot and a logo both for Rio 2016. Vik drawn the sun logo (which BTW I found BORING and Flat... Here comes the sun again! Enough of PanAm's DejaVu Hullabaloo! And sugar loaf AGAIN!) and Ziraldo drawn the Brazilian Girl Mascot, which I really liked. A female represented in a mascot, something really innovative. He even said that she could be presented in various forms, wearing diverse types of clothes, not only the Biquini.

I watched it... Both ideas got ugly!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ziraldo Girl is cute. But I bet a lot of those feminist would find absurd the idea of a beautiful feminine-looking woman being a mascot.

And the logo is really boring. Not even worth of the Paralympics (no offense)

The Ziraldo Girl is cute. But I bet a lot of those feminist would find absurd the idea of a beautiful feminine-looking woman being a mascot.

And the logo is really boring. Not even worth of the Paralympics (no offense)

Sigh! I quite like the idea of a sexy biquini, but yeah, it'd probably be too politically incorrect, even if she was paied with a beach boy.

Sigh! I quite like the idea of a sexy biquini, but yeah, it'd probably be too politically incorrect, even if she was paied with a beach boy.

Well, it wouldn't be so politically incorrect if they were a couple. I think their names would be "Girl from Ipanema" and "Boy from Rio". So many songs to draw inspiration... ;)

THAT IS ONE GREAT IDEA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look how cute:

Thanks for the picture. Cute indeed!

They're lazy and they're always smiling. How can you be more carioca than that? :P

:lol:

But.. no.... not a sloth. A lazy animal doesn´t fit the sportive theme.

Not just a sloth. A hyperactive sloth, that's the twist ;)

I think, by the environmental situation which our planet is and the image of Brazil as a country concerned about the environment, the 2016 games will be themed as "green olympics". The mascot could be a plant (from brazilian flora, of course) in the form of a doll as the nice Caue (from 2007 PANAM).

I would suggest as main mascot a character closely based on the Bonito-do-campo, also named Bandeirinha ("Little flag", for obvious reasons), the Chlorophonia cyanea, a widespread bird in Rio de Janeiro (including in the national parks located in the city of Rio itself):

00000011120.jpg

00000011691.jpg

Hey, how about the Golden Lion Tamarin? It's out most famous and, interestingly enough, least portrayed in the media monkey! It looks cute on our R$20 bills, it would sure looked cool with its face stamped on every piece of merchandising one can imagine! The little bird and the Golden Lion can be BFF like all the previous mascot teams! XD

I think it's time to leave this forum...

This place is filling up with people that are not serious to discuss Olympics, and only want to destroy the image of Rio and Brazil.

Braz, you are an idiot.

It's good to know that you think it's funny that a bullet (that kills people) should be a mascot of the event that have a message of peace...

Archived