• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anacondas are not endemic in Rio. They should pick an animal typical of the local fauna.

A capivara would be great, since they tend to still show up in the city. A couple of years ago, a capivara became famous for living in Rodrigo de Freitas Lake (the venue for rowing and canoeing). It could be a good choice.

I also hope they don't use somehting like Caue (2007 PanAm mascot). I didn't like it very much. It was a Sun.

Rogerio, I would say dolphin too...

It's the Rio de Janeiro official animal (since there are two in Rio's coat of arms/seal). It's environmental good mascot and for children, is also cute...

Escudo_Rio_de_Janeiro.gif

But, the sun, Cauê, for the PanAmerican Games was great idea. Sun represents lot of things for Brazilians... But It can't be used again...

PAG2007_mascot.png

But, the sun, Cauê, for the PanAmerican Games was great idea. Sun represents lot of things for Brazilians... But It can't be used again...

PAG2007_mascot.png

I never liked Caue ... the sun version of Torino's Neve and Glitz (who were also pretty lame by logo standards).

A parrot.

Haha.. Disney´s JOE CARIOCA (our "Zé Carioca") is gaining momentum for fun reasons. I don´t like the idea of using Mauricio de Sousa because he would have to donate the character for IOC and I think he has a few issues with that. I did read also a complain about the World Cup mascot. He wants to bid for "Pelezinho" but he would "lost" the control of the character.

Caue was awful! The idea of Sun is good but the character was really badly draw. And I just remember the unofficial and joking mascot of PanAms games - the "Little Lost Bullet". :lol:

Well, this is a difficult question. Brazil is too big to have just one animal to represent. I think that the ROCOG should choose 5 mascots. Each one representing the 5 Regions of the country. The north, northeast, central-west, southeast and south.

Baron, sweetheart. Where is your "Piranha The Pereira"??? :rolleyes: It could represent very well the north region :P:rolleyes:

Well, this is a difficult question. Brazil is too big to have just one animal to represent. I think that the ROCOG should choose 5 mascots. Each one representing the 5 Regions of the country. The north, northeast, central-west, southeast and south.

Baron, sweetheart. Where is your "Piranha The Pereira"??? :rolleyes: It could represent very well the north region :P:rolleyes:

Ops, Pereira the Piranha :lol:

Haha.. Disney´s JOE CARIOCA (our "Zé Carioca") is gaining momentum for fun reasons. I don´t like the idea of using Mauricio de Sousa because he would have to donate the character for IOC and I think he has a few issues with that. I did read also a complain about the World Cup mascot. He wants to bid for "Pelezinho" but he would "lost" the control of the character.

Caue was awful! The idea of Sun is good but the character was really badly draw. And I just remember the unofficial and joking mascot of PanAms games - the "Little Lost Bullet". :lol:

LOL - I was going to post a pic of him yesterday when someone mentioned a parrot.

carioca.jpg

Actually, trying to find it, I see he seems to be a popular comic character in Brazil. I didn't realise he'd have such popularity in Brazil.

According with Rio 2016 team (COB) the bid logo will remain until 2011 when the new one will be submit to IOC for approval. So I think the logo will indeed change! The mascot will be choosen in 2012 and there is a chance (Please..someone forbid that! Another "Caue" NO!) of people elect the mascot´s name. :lol:

I liked Cauê very much. I have one on top of my TV hehe. It could have been best used during the games. How come he didn't show up during the OC pre-show??

Hope they don't use a parrot or a macaw or a capivara or some alligator... Maybe antropomorphic Diet Sugar Loaf to stimulate better food habits.

Logo.png

Ziraldo and Vik Muniz, two Brazilian plastic artists have drawn , by request of Fantástico, Brazilian weekly TV News show, one Mascot and a logo both for Rio 2016. Vik drawn the sun logo (which BTW I found BORING and Flat... Here comes the sun again! Enough of PanAm's DejaVu Hullabaloo! And sugar loaf AGAIN!) and Ziraldo drawn the Brazilian Girl Mascot, which I really liked. A female represented in a mascot, something really innovative. He even said that she could be presented in various forms, wearing diverse types of clothes, not only the Biquini.

Archived