Rio 2016 Logo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems that the London logo was, then, something designed by graphic designers for graphic designers. It is distressing, unimpressive, and as unattractive and repulsive as a logo can be.

Those responsible for the Rio logo should remember that what is "hip" for the design community is not necessarily what is best.

I just hope that the team responsible for the lovely bid logo is kept.

Actually is the opposite! Most of my co-workers also feel the same as you do towards the London's logo. It's not an unamimity for the graphic designers all over the world. London could easily use a graphic jargon to represent the city, but they prefered to show the "soul" instead of some landmark or icon.

London is vibrant, is modern, is urban, is bold, etc. just like the logo...

But I guess this is a case of either love or hate... I bet that you will remember it in 20 years time and probably not Beijing's or Athens'. I don't remember Atlanta's, Sydney's or Seoul... I do remember Barcelona's though...

I'm praying not to see the Sugar Loaf, Copacabana, Beaches, etc. in Rio's logo. I'd like to se happines, easiness, nature, friendship, warmness, etc...

I think the IOC pretty much lets cities do what they feel will represent their vision for the Games. They give their input, no doubt, and they have their rules - must contain the city name, year, and Olympic rings - but the ultimate design and concept comes from the host OCOG. I don't expect that Rio will go the London route because since this is South America's first ever games they will want something that is decidedly Brazilian in flavour. London's doesn't have any local flavour.

Basically, that is true. It would just depend on what is on their Coke can or McHappy Meal at the moment or if they are in or near a host country or a moderate follower of the Games.

Not everyone is like us. Hey, I live in Vancouver - a host city - and I recently had a conversation with a resident who thought we were also hosting the Summer Olympics.

I love the look of the Rio Pan Ams. It's a shame the logo of the Pan American Sports Organization is such a mess.

450pxflagofpasosvg.png

BARF!

It's hard to say this, but a Brazilian created this logo... and it's horrible!!!

The meaning is ok... The flame uniting all Americas, the olympic rings representing the colors of Americas' flag and four words written in the four main languages of Americas.

Espírito - Portuguese

América - Spanish

Sports - English

Fraternité - French

But, it's ugly... 600% agreed.

Actually is the opposite! Most of my co-workers also feel the same as you do towards the London's logo. It's not an unamimity for the graphic designers all over the world. London could easily use a graphic jargon to represent the city, but they prefered to show the "soul" instead of some landmark or icon.

London is vibrant, is modern, is urban, is bold, etc. just like the logo...

But I guess this is a case of either love or hate... I bet that you will remember it in 20 years time and probably not Beijing's or Athens'. I don't remember Atlanta's, Sydney's or Seoul... I do remember Barcelona's though...

I'm praying not to see the Sugar Loaf, Copacabana, Beaches, etc. in Rio's logo. I'd like to se happines, easiness, nature, friendship, warmness, etc...

I don't like London's logo... the usage of logo is awesome, no doubts, but the meaning is empty. Great idea to use the same logo on Olympics and Paralympics, but nothing further.

Feheva, Rio will use Sugar Loaf, since all logos of Rio everything have sugar loaf... I hope hapiness, easiness and the other things you stated be present at all...

BTW, in Orkut there is a campaing to not change the logo. They are starting to organize a petition. - I have no opinion yet about it.

Feheva, Rio will use Sugar Loaf, since all logos of Rio everything have sugar loaf...

For me, Rio is much more than a landmark, a couple of mountains... The sugar loaf will be there forever! It doesn't need a logo to represent it... It already is a "physical" logo!

We can do better!! What's the soul of Rio? How can it be introduced to the whole world?

BTW, in Orkut there is a campaing to not change the logo. They are starting to organize a petition. - I have no opinion yet about it.

The present logo is ok, but I think we can do even better... Something that will be remembered for a long time! I think this one desn't have enough "pregnância", specially for the forigners...

I like the bid logo a lot but it has to be changed so I would recommend no Sugarloaf, no Copacabana and, of course, no Christ. I think the logo doesn't need to represent a landmark but the culture of the host city and country.

For exemple, the colours in the Barcelona 1992 logo represented the Mediterranean culture but the image itself could represent any other city in the world. In fact, using a person as a logo was used again in Sydney, Beijing and Vancouver (although this one is a bit different).

According with Rio 2016 team (COB) the bid logo will remain until 2011 when the new one will be submit to IOC for approval. So I think the logo will indeed change! The mascot will be choosen in 2012 and there is a chance (Please..someone forbid that! Another "Caue" NO!) of people elect the mascot´s name. :lol:

Let's wait 'til 2011...

Next year FIFA will reveal the World Cup 2014 logo...

I wish something better than the one FIFA made for Futsal World Cup 2008...

FIFA_FUTSAL_WORLD_CUP_2008-logo-ABDAB15AF6-seeklogo.com.gif

Really, I liked the parrot. But what is important is that FIFA has a clear template for the logos of all tournaments organized by them.

Archived