October 2 - Photos Of The Historic Day In Copacabana

I loved the Carmen Miranda Lady. She was there since 7 in the morning! By the time of the announcemnt, almost 2pm, I'd already be burned like coal, under that sun, but she stood by! Strong lady! She talked twice live on Globo, what a sympathetic lady! And the Obama guy has been known for some time now, uh? Loved his Michelle!

I was hoping someone would post some photos of the Copacabana celebrations.

Well, I've just had a very "Latin American" weekend (it's been a Labor day Long Weekend here in Sydney). A Churrasco lunch with some friends yesterday, and visited my partner's (he's Chileno) sister's family today for an empanada feast with other guests from El Salvador and Ecuador. My stomach's totally and panfully totally stuffed now.

I must admit, the last few days I've started to have a real passionate itch to come to Rio!

I was in Rio earlier in the year. And up until about that point, I had been a Chicago supporter. I switched my interest to the Cidade Maravilhosa after being there. It is just such a beautiful place and I had a wonderful time. I hope the Cariocas make the most of this moment and the opportunity. Rio does have problems but it has a lot to offer. I might have to make it back again. :)

I was hoping someone would post some photos of the Copacabana celebrations.

Well, I've just had a very "Latin American" weekend (it's been a Labor day Long Weekend here in Sydney). A Churrasco lunch with some friends yesterday, and visited my partner's (he's Chileno) sister's family today for an empanada feast with other guests from El Salvador and Ecuador. My stomach's totally and panfully totally stuffed now.

I must admit, the last few days I've started to have a real passionate itch to come to Rio!

Very good, my friend!!! HAHA

I was in Rio earlier in the year. And up until about that point, I had been a Chicago supporter. I switched my interest to the Cidade Maravilhosa after being there. It is just such a beautiful place and I had a wonderful time. I hope the Cariocas make the most of this moment and the opportunity. Rio does have problems but it has a lot to offer. I might have to make it back again. :)

Yes!

And thank you for your signature. Now I can proudly say: I am a member of the olympic family.

My God, it's wonderful!

Archived