Yes, We Créuuu.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about this video and the only problem I have with it is the whole mocking of Obama - maybe I'm just a sensitive American but if a video was circulated nationally across the US had Chicago won - that would seem to me in poor taste - the whole video is gloating a victory instead of CELEBRATING a victory - big difference in my book.

And for Brazilians (whom I LOVE and ADORE and can't wait to see next month when I return to Rio for 2 weeks) to laugh seems somewhat hypocritical when just 2 weeks ago, there was a fuss over an episode of Law and Order and then the "formal" complaint to the IOC for a comment made by a Spanish citizen regarding his OPINION of Rio's bid.

Get ready for high scrutiny of ALL things Brazilian - the world media is only beginning and these forums will feel like child's play by the time the media is done picking apart every aspect of your beautiful city and wonderful culture - just be ready for a long 7 years - but it will also be extremely memorable and wonderful too!

500 years being persecuted by bad comments from people of the North...

We got used to fight against it.

There is one thing I'd like to say.

I love USA and its people (I've been there many time and got fun everytime, indeed, it's a great country)

but, like everywhere, there are stupid and prejudicial people (not the majority, but is these case, those idiots can make more buzz than the majority of good people in USA).

Dannyel,

Pare de ser bobo, dizer que ama americanos... Eles simplesmente não gosta dos brasileiros, pensam que no Brasil têm macacos, prostitutas e muita favela. Eu moro em Curitiba (considerada a melhor cidade para se viver na América Latina), sou membro do conselho nacional de esportes aguaticos no Brasil, conheço uma infinadade de paises... E te confesso... Até hoje não conheci pessoas tão arrogantes e prepotentes como esses "estadunidenses". A arrogancia deles você percebe aqui nesse forum. Você é um em poucos que gosta desse povo que até hoje não fez nada de bom para o mundo. Só fizeram guerras e mais guerras, exploração de paises pobres, bomba atomica etc... So para finalizar meu pensamento, você acha que eu sou o único que pensa assim? O mundo pensa como eu! Conheci alemão, francês, argentino, sueco, japones etc. e todos pensam exatamente a mesma coisa.

E quando eles falam algo do Brasil que não é verdade fico extremamente irritado.

Amo o Brasil e desprezo pessoas que falam dele sem saber o que diz.

E o Vídeo do Obama retrata exatamente isso... Que eles não são donos do mundo! Que na verdade são uma vergonha e dançaram como a mulher melancia! ;)

What an Useless topic!

This was fun at the moment, but guys! Brazil won't resume to this shitty song and the initial intention with all of this "Ÿes we Creu" thing was not to mock Barack Obama, but to celebrate our victory by playing with the Yes we can/Yes we Creu thing.

Let's stop this and avoid people from other countries to start generalising the emotions, feelings and opinions of the 190.000,00 Brazilians.

Dannyel,

Pare de ser bobo, dizer que ama americanos... Eles simplesmente não gosta dos brasileiros, pensam que no Brasil têm macacos, prostitutas e muita favela. Eu moro em Curitiba (considerada a melhor cidade para se viver na América Latina), sou membro do conselho nacional de esportes aguaticos no Brasil, conheço uma infinadade de paises... E te confesso... Até hoje não conheci pessoas tão arrogantes e prepotentes como esses "estadunidenses". A arrogancia deles você percebe aqui nesse forum. Você é um em poucos que gosta desse povo que até hoje não fez nada de bom para o mundo. Só fizeram guerras e mais guerras, exploração de paises pobres, bomba atomica etc... So para finalizar meu pensamento, você acha que eu sou o único que pensa assim? O mundo pensa como eu! Conheci alemão, francês, argentino, sueco, japones etc. e todos pensam exatamente a mesma coisa.

E quando eles falam algo do Brasil que não é verdade fico extremamente irritado.

E o Vídeo do Obama retrata exatamente isso... Que eles não são donos do mundo! Que na verdade são uma vergonha e dançaram como a mulher melancia! ;)

TRANSLATION:

Dannyel,

Stop being silly, saying that Americans love ... They simply do not like the Brazilians think they have monkeys in Brazil, prostitutes and many slum. I live in Curitiba (considered the best city to live in America), I am a member of the National Sports Aguativa in Brazil, I know a infinadade of countries ... And I confess ... So far have not met people so arrogant and overbearing as these "Americans". The arrogance of them you see here in this forum. You're one in a few people who like this that have never done anything good for the world. Only did wars and more wars, exploitation of poor countries, the atomic bomb etc ... So to finish my thought, you think I'm the only one who thinks so? The world thinks like me! Knew German, French, Argentinean, Swedish, Japanese etc.. and everyone thinks exactly the same thing.

And when they say something in Brazil that is not true I am very angry.

I love Brazil and despise people who talk about him without knowing what it says.

And the Video of Obama portrays just that ... They do not own the world! What really are a shame and a woman danced like watermelon!

Still stupid to associate your winning of the Olympic Games with crude music and even cruder visuals of a couple of dancing whore/sluts. I mean, if you really think that's funny and appropriate, you might want to keep your Brazilian "humor" private. You only embarrass yourselves.

OneTimeOnly, most people thought it was funny. Also, you do not seem exactly like a die-hard Rio enthusiast, so why are you so worried about what we associate our victory with?

He was translating a post that i think was in portuguese from clovisAlber to Denis the dentist.

OneTimeOnly, most people thought it was funny. Also, you do not seem exactly like a die-hard Rio enthusiast, so why are you so worried about what we associate our victory with?

I think Rio will present a beautiful and picturesque natural setting for the games. It will look stunning on television, as I'm sure Corcovado, Sugarloaf and the bay look in person. It's aspects of your plan I have problems with, and it's only a couple of things. But some of the Brazilians here just can't take the fact that someone out there thinks the plan has flaws and is not gushing over how perfect it all is. They may want to view it as such, but Brazil winning the games is not some fairy tale with perfect details. Compromises have been made, and every city that wins takes heat. Some Brazilian posters around here are very sensitive and having trouble with this. They complain that people see Brazil the wrong way, and then turn around post a crude video like the one that started this thread. And they wonder why outsiders have that poor image? Don't complain about how people see your country, and then post a video like that. Not just here, but on YouTube, where it is seen by millions around the world. You're only defeating yourselves.

Dannyel,

What about Levis, doesn't that make up for any of that bad stuff???

Clovis,

I stayed in USA for a considerable time. My father had a house there.

There are many idiots in the USA, no doubts (as here, remember of Ibirapuera?) but there are lots of good people.

They are, definitivelly, not like us, for good and bad things. But you need to undestand americans in other angle (probably not the Brazilian one).

Americans often seems to be arrogant, and sometimes they really strong are, which is sad.

But did you ever realized why? We need to understand their history (not only the recent one) and their costumes to understand them.

BTW THE SAME FOR THE FOREIGNERS THAT LOVE TO SAY CRAP ABOUT BRAZILIANS HERE

Love maybe was too much, but it's more than "like" them and less than "love" them. Ok, my English is too limited.

But I can say I admire the people (not the USA govt) for the country they build, with lots of good things (and bad ones), that we Brazilians don't see.

They are not like us, they are not charismatic like us, they are not enthuasiatic like, but American people has its value too...

I had a lot of fun in USA with Americans, of course, not with all of them

because I agree, when an American wants to be a idiot, they are great on this....

I heard about this video and the only problem I have with it is the whole mocking of Obama - maybe I'm just a sensitive American but if a video was circulated nationally across the US had Chicago won - that would seem to me in poor taste - the whole video is gloating a victory instead of CELEBRATING a victory - big difference in my book.

And for Brazilians (whom I LOVE and ADORE and can't wait to see next month when I return to Rio for 2 weeks) to laugh seems somewhat hypocritical when just 2 weeks ago, there was a fuss over an episode of Law and Order and then the "formal" complaint to the IOC for a comment made by a Spanish citizen regarding his OPINION of Rio's bid.

Get ready for high scrutiny of ALL things Brazilian - the world media is only beginning and these forums will feel like child's play by the time the media is done picking apart every aspect of your beautiful city and wonderful culture - just be ready for a long 7 years - but it will also be extremely memorable and wonderful too!

Well, in our culture, we would accept being mocked like Obama is on the video, but the Law and Order stuff would be out of bounds.

The Obama mocking is acceptable, because Brazilians acquired bragging rights on Friday. It is like football fans from rival teams mocking each other after a match. They are not as much mocking as they are rubbing in Obama's face the defeat of Chicago.

The Law and Order case is a little bit different. It is a typical situation of each one minding their own business. For instance, it is acceptable for me to complain about my wife to a friend, but it is unacceptable that he speaks ill of my wide to me. That was the problem with the Law and Order episode. Especially because the US was the one involved with recent cases of corruption in the bid process.

They are not like us, they are not charismatic like us, they are not enthuasiatic like, but American people has its value too...

They are different, but there are very enthusiastic and passionate people in the USA. Actually, I think that there are more than in any other country, but as you mentioned their "modus operandi" is different, not only in small things such as kissing but also in how relationships are conducted and managed. Parties here, for instance, usually have a right time to start and finish, which for latin people may be something strange, but for them our way of partying is the strange way. Well, cultural differences are amazing, and I've always been amazed by these differences.

A couple of examples of some passionate and enthusiastic people:

Randy Pausch's last lecture (prepare yourself to cry, this video is a tearjerker) o long video, but it is worth every single second:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...31505846055184#

Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer talking about developers (I'm not a huge MS fan, but the guy is always like this):

Earvin "Magic" Johnson (I love this guy):

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/9673

Steven Levitt (the author of Freakonomics) on why crack dealers still live with their moms:

I could go on, and I don't want to bring here let's say more historic speeches and people such as Martin Luther King Jr. The thing is there are inspirational people everywhere, there are jerks everywhere, we should understand the differences so that our judgments be as unbiased as possible.

A couple of days ago, I was talking to a friend of mine from Brazil who said that Americans in general don't care to the world as they don't know "basic geography stuff" such as the capital of Brazil. Then I asked him about a couple of capitals in Africa; furthermore, I asked what is the relationship among Brazil, Goa, Daman and Diu. Off course he didn't have the answer, and I told him that the case is the same, we Brazilians don't care that much about Africa and even about some ex Portuguese colonies with which we share some common history even though they are in India. We see Americans as arrogant, as they don't care that much for us, but guess what, Peruvians, Chileans, Paraguayans they look at Brazil in the same way - and this is not a personal experience, I worked in Chile for a big Brazilian company and we had to make some field research to see how this things are.

Anyway, sorry to detour a little from the Créu topic, btw, how would you feel had Rio lost as host city and somebody making fun about Lula? Isn't this kind of arrogant too?

Anyway, sorry to detour a little from the Créu topic, btw, how would you feel had Rio lost as host city and somebody making fun about Lula? Isn't this kind of arrogant too?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I acknowledged the arrogance and in-your-face-ness of the video in my first post. Some jokes are just too good to be limited by etiquette, and this is one of them.

I think Rio will present a beautiful and picturesque natural setting for the games. It will look stunning on television, as I'm sure Corcovado, Sugarloaf and the bay look in person. It's aspects of your plan I have problems with, and it's only a couple of things. But some of the Brazilians here just can't take the fact that someone out there thinks the plan has flaws and is not gushing over how perfect it all is. They may want to view it as such, but Brazil winning the games is not some fairy tale with perfect details. Compromises have been made, and every city that wins takes heat. Some Brazilian posters around here are very sensitive and having trouble with this. They complain that people see Brazil the wrong way, and then turn around post a crude video like the one that started this thread. And they wonder why outsiders have that poor image? Don't complain about how people see your country, and then post a video like that. Not just here, but on YouTube, where it is seen by millions around the world. You're only defeating yourselves.

I do not think your criticism is unreasonable: the Olympic movement belongs to all of us, so we're all entitled to demand something as good as Sydney or Beijing. And I'm not let down by the wrong image foreign people may have of Brazil: if you think we have monkeys in the streets, you probably also think Africa is a country, so, bad for you. If you think our women are prostitutes, come over, try to grope them and risk being sent a Brazilian prison for sexual harassment.

So, if I'm not included in any of the two big generalizations you listed, may I enjoy any videos I want?

So, if I'm not included in any of the two big generalizations you listed, may I enjoy any videos I want?

If you want to watch that video 24 hours a day, I don't care, but I think bragging about it here, and posting it here, and for other Brazilians to post it on YouTube and associate it publicly with your "pride" in winning the Olympic Games is severely misguided, to say the least about it.

If you want to watch that video 24 hours a day, I don't care, but I think bragging about it here, and posting it here, and for other Brazilians to post it on YouTube and associate it publicly with your "pride" in winning the Olympic Games is severely misguided, to say the least about it.

Brazilians are the first country in the entire history to celebrating a victory joking with the losers...

You forgot Ashton Kutcher on twitter while USA was winning Brazil at Confederations Cup...

He made a lot of jokes on Brazil...

(and thanks God, Brazil in the final won 3-2 and after this, was the turn of Brazilian to make jokes on him... and Yes, We Créu was there).

Even people in Chicago had a lot of banners with "Brazil to host is not Rio (real)" before they got eliminated...

Don't blame us for it... It's not the first time, and americans do the same on their victories.

Brazilians are the first country in the entire history to celebrating a victory joking with the losers...

You forgot Ashton Kutcher on twitter while USA was winning Brazil at Confederations Cup...

He made a lot of jokes on Brazil...

(and thanks God, Brazil in the final won 3-2 and after this, was the turn of Brazilian to make jokes on him... and Yes, We Créu was there).

Even people in Chicago had a lot of banners with "Brazil to host is not Rio (real)" before they got eliminated...

Don't blame us for it... It's not the first time, and americans do the same on their victories.

Danny, the issue with the video isn't the inclusion of Obama (however tacky that may be). It seems you haven't really read this thread all the way through, or are not comprehending the issue.

Danny, the issue with the video isn't the inclusion of Obama (however tacky that may be). It seems you haven't really read this thread all the way through, or are not comprehending the issue.

Well, for you the issue is Brazil winning... (by reading the whole thread).

Well, for you the issue is Brazil winning... (by reading the whole thread).

P.S. I think your confusion lies with my use of the word "bragging". I am not talking about bragging about winning the games. I'm talking about bragging about a crude video with a couple of dancing whores in the name of Rio 2016.

Archived