Yes, We Créuuu.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally got round to watching the video. Really Funny. How can anyone see anything offensive in it????

:lol:

Well some people might be offended, feeling that it's being disrespectful to the president of the United States. I think someone else said that. I don't feel that way, there is such a thing as satire regarding political figures, and it's protected in this country (the United States). My perspective is that it's just vulgar and crude and it's really not something Brazilians should be showing off internationally or be proud of if they really are so sensitive about the way the rest of the world sees them. Like I said already, some of them complain that foreigners have a dim view of Brazil, then they turn around in the same breath, and go, "hey look at this!". It's totally self defeating.

Maybe the presence of Watermelon Woman was too much for the faint of heart. I mean WTF with that piece of ars*?!?!? It's impossibly large. And I must agree that we would be better promoting Rio de Janeiro if we talked about the best they offered to Brazil like Bossa Nova and stuff. No more carioca funk or Fernanda Abreu please.

Jeezus Christ. You want vulgarity and crudity - you see more on the top chart videos on MTV every day of the week. This is a bit of fun.

A sign of any confident country is an ability to laugh at themselves, highbrow or lowbrow.

Sure, but MTV is a commercial television channel that isn't promoting anything in relation to the Olympic Games. And I don't think this is a case of self-deprecating humor either. Quite on the contrary.

A common defensive refrain has been "it's our way of humor". Fine. But now that you've won the right to play host to the Olympic Games, you're no longer just playing to your own back yard - you're playing to the world on the International Stage, and that has to be taken into account. Want to change how the world sees you? Vulgar videos like this, especially in this particular context, don't help.

Sure, but MTV is a commercial television channel that isn't promoting anything in relation to the Olympic Games. And I don't think this is a case of self-deprecating humor either. Quite on the contrary.

A common defensive refrain has been "it's our way of humor". Fine. But now that you've won the right to play host to the Olympic Games, you're no longer just playing to your own back yard - you're playing to the world on the International Stage, and that has to be taken into account. Want to change how the world sees you? Vulgar videos like this, especially in this particular context, don't help.

Get a life mate! If you weren't so obsessed with venting your moral spleen, this thread would be laying forgotten on page three of this thread. You do a great job of keeping it alive.

One of the great achievements I thought Sydney managed was that we managed to prick the whole pomposity of the Olympics by taking the piss out of them - from lawnmower men in the OC to drag queens and Franken-Roos in the CC - with "The Dream" skewering everything from the IOC to the homoeroticism of wrestling and gymnastics each night in between on the host broadcaster.

The Olympics are a big, and if you're an athlete especially, sex-packed party, not some frickin papal mass!

You didn't really just say "playing in your own back yard" did you? :blink:

Get a life mate! If you weren't so obsessed with venting your moral spleen, this thread would be laying forgotten on page three of this thread. You do a great job of keeping it alive.

Cool down. Sheesh. I'm no prude, but the logic in my arguments is sound. Even other Brazilian posters have agreed it (the video) is not the best thing.

Why are we still discussing it?

The video was made by someone who have a some kind of humour that is not unanimous... (even for some Brazilians)

It's not a official video from Rio de Janeiro OCOG... So, this ends the discussion.

BTW, there are also americans video joking on Obama...

Giselle is only one of the beauties you can find in Brazil... (Well, she is living in the USA now-a-days)... LOL

There are pretty woman for all tastes here, believe me.

Archived