Yes, We Créuuu.

Only american can make jokes and be sarcatisc about monkeys in Rio's streets???

Let us Brazilians joke in our way.

By the way, hate carioca funk, but I need to admit this is funny.

I'd rather bossa nova and samba (some of most beautiful rhythms World knows).

Do you really follow the Simpsons? I mean it is the a joke about the American life... (BTW, I don't like call the citizens from the USA americans, americans are citizens from any country in the American Continent).

When I frient of mine lived in Botafogo, he saw monkeys in his house, so yes they are in the streets, but this is not a bad thing, you guys from Rio that try to do so. This is actually the best thing, I wish that when I lived in Sampa we had this there (not kidding here).

You should watch more Simpson to see what this is more about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4i8SpNgzA4...&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqImkDgDwHU...2D4&index=8

I LOVE hulu!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, there's that arrogance again. Seems to me Brazil - if represented by you and some of your compatriots around here - is a country very immature in the international ways of the Olympics. And that's just for starters. Keep it up, klassy kariokas.

You're biased against Brazil. You can really want to talk about arrogance?

Did USA changed their house (and should not change, my opinion) for the other countries visitors? (What say about the immigration in the airports? - that is really a problem I lived many times).

OneTimeOnly, stop attacking Rio. Enjoy the moment.

Do you really follow the Simpsons? I mean it is the a joke about the American life... (BTW, I don't like call the citizens from the USA americans, americans are citizens from any country in the American Continent).

When I frient of mine lived in Botafogo, he saw monkeys in his house, so yes they are in the streets, but this is not a bad thing, you guys from Rio that try to do so. This is actually the best thing, I wish that when I lived in Sampa we had this there (not kidding here).

You should watch more Simpson to see what this is more about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4i8SpNgzA4...&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqImkDgDwHU...2D4&index=8

I LOVE hulu!

DNIT americans are correct, since the name of their country is America... United States is like Federative Republic for Brazil... Well, Brazil once was called United States of Brazil.

BTW, I'm a huge Simpsons fan. And love that small monkeys in Corcovado forest... But Americans loves to show monkeys in the streets in Brazil to show how poor the country is. It's a joke, that Brazilians don't laugh.

DNIT americans are correct, since the name of their country is America... United States is like Federative Republic for Brazil... Well, Brazil once was called United States of Brazil.

BTW, I'm a huge Simpsons fan. And love that small monkeys in Corcovado forest... But Americans loves to show monkeys in the streets in Brazil to show how poor the country is. It's a joke, that Brazilians don't laugh.

Here in the US we see monkeys in the streets of many countries I for one think of India.

Here in the US we see monkeys in the streets of many countries I for one think of India.

Monkeys in the streets is a way to say that a country is uncivilised. Brazilians fights against this old vision for more than half-century, but some still thinking this about Brazil.

Do you think that "Americans" laugh at Homer drinking 24 beers per day and and the whole American family issues? Yes they do. The thing about the monkeys in Brazil is just silly to complain about. Did the french complain when everyone was smoking in France???

I see that you may be a good fan of the Simpsons, but you should really understand what it is behind it...

Anyway, I don't think this thread express what is behind the Olympics spirit.

PS - Mexico is the Estados Unidos de Mexico, USA is the United Stated Of America, Brazil is a Pepublica Federativa do Brasil. Both Mexicans and USA citizans are from the Estados Unidos or the United States, boths are from America as are Brazilian and all North, Central and South American people. This thing of disputing names is just silly IMO.

Monkeys in the streets is a way to say that a country is uncivilised. Brazilians fights against this old vision for more than half-century, but some still thinking this about Brazil.

Well hopefully because you guys have won these games you can finally dispel that out dated stereotype. This can be your coming out party.

Sorry, danny, but I do laugh at the whole monkeys in the streets of Brazil. When I lived in Granja Viana there were little monkeys inside my condo, but it was within a big piece of Mata Atlântica (the forest in the Brazilian East). It's not like an ape, of course.

It's funny because I didn't think the fact of the dancing in the video would cause any polemic here. I was indeed worried about people considering the video to be too much "in-your-face" after such a traumatic elimination for Chicago (the Chicagoans are still bitter here and I actually felt sorry for them) and for Tokyo (that were evidently trying so hard). But I couldn't expect they would consider that it would be demeaning or anything like that.

What I mean is: I also have the right to mock us Brazilians here. With our favelas, our monkeys and our watermelon women. And I'm glad most people considered it funny.

Sorry, danny, but I do laugh at the whole monkeys in the streets of Brazil. When I lived in Granja Viana there were little monkeys inside my condo, but it was within a big piece of Mata Atlântica (the forest in the Brazilian East). It's not like an ape, of course.

It's funny because I didn't think the fact of the dancing in the video would cause any polemic here. I was indeed worried about people considering the video to be too much "in-your-face" after such a traumatic elimination for Chicago (the Chicagoans are still bitter here and I actually felt sorry for them) and for Tokyo (that were evidently trying so hard). But I couldn't expect they would consider that it would be demeaning or anything like that.

What I mean is: I also have the right to mock us Brazilians here. With our favelas, our monkeys and our watermelon women. And I'm glad most people considered it funny.

Well, nobody likes to be the "Christ" on the jokes...

Hi, everyone. I've been meaning to post here for a long time.

This disturbing video made me do it.

Foreigners should be aware that there was a time - not that long ago - when Cariocas (the natives of Rio de Janeiro) knew how to make music:

Choro (Apanhei-te Cavaquinho, Composer Ernesto Nazareth):

Classical (Bachiana Brasileira n. 2 - Trenzinho Caipira, Composer Heitor Villa-Lobos):

Samba (Conversa de Botequim, Composer: Noel Rosa): hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJoNbOFYUoQ

Bossa Nova (Agua de Beber, Composer and performer Antonio Carlos Jobim):

Thanks for remind us Braz!

Even great musics like "Jet Samba" that was the theme for Rio 2004 official clip. One of the most beautiful songs about Rio, made by Antonio Carlos Jobim (that died and today is the name of Rio Int'l Airport, because of the music)

Brazil, Mexico and the US are technically three "United States" countries...except it would've been so confusing if ALL 3 went by the "United States of this or that.." It is just so much easier to go with Brazil, Mexico and USA. I mean

Just like China is really the People's Republic of China, or that silly Libya is the Islamic something...something of Libya. But they're really nothing but Libya. The United Nations and Olympic scoreboards CANNOT contain over 200 names and have them going by the...Highest, Superior, Extremely Sensitive Atheistic People's Republican Kingdom of BAJURISTAN.

Less is more, folks.

I don't like Americans.

In fact I think the world does not like them.

;)

Americans criticize all cultures, but they are much worse. :lol:

Funny, ha...you're actually using an invention created by them. We wouldn't hear a peep from you without some of their contributions to civilization. Now let's see, what have YOU contributed lately...aside from you bile? :blink:

Archived