Istanbul 2020

about hope... people do have hope. but need to be informed and as i guess they will start and adv. campaign both int and for turkey to inform about the olympics and candidature. many people here start to complain about probable traffic jam and cities infrastructural booming before the games and they all know its the last hope for saving Istanbul. they afraid of cannot handle the games but also saying it shall be the best ever if we really work on it... we turks a bit strange :D

the only nation that always underestimate their selves :D

Nah, this is the Brazilian internal reaction, but, shhhh... Let's keep the image of easy-going, fun-lovers and always optimistic Brazil! cool.gif

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol we are having fun about it. many many jokes on the web and more coming, like the athletes of ethiopia disappears at the marathon and found in greece kidnapped and taken as a refugee, they dont pay the bills of gas so that the cauldrons gas is cut, the gypsys taken the athletes village and fight back not to get out ...etc :)

about hope... people do have hope. but need to be informed and as i guess they will start and adv. campaign both int and for turkey to inform about the olympics and candidature. many people here start to complain about probable traffic jam and cities infrastructural booming before the games and they all know its the last hope for saving Istanbul. they afraid of cannot handle the games but also saying it shall be the best ever if we really work on it... we turks a bit strange :D

the only nation that always underestimate their selves :D

emre,

The same reaction was seen in Brazil during the 2016 campaign. Most of the people did not believe that Rio would win until it actually happened.

Several supposedly well informed journalists had to swallow their words after saying that the bid committee was wasting US$ 50 million.

You are nor alone, but like what the Rio state governor said during the bid final presentation, the most important legacy is psychological. After the games the people of Rio will feel that they can achieve this. The feeling of pride.

about hope... people do have hope. but need to be informed and as i guess they will start and adv. campaign both int and for turkey to inform about the olympics and candidature. many people here start to complain about probable traffic jam and cities infrastructural booming before the games and they all know its the last hope for saving Istanbul.

This might amuse you: when Chicago was bidding for the Olympics, my cousin was worried about the same topics, traffic, crowds, etc....She lives over five hours away! (This is a little less than the drive to Ankara) I just had to laugh at her unneccessary worrying.

emre,

The same reaction was seen in Brazil during the 2016 campaign. Most of the people did not believe that Rio would win until it actually happened.

Several supposedly well informed journalists had to swallow their words after saying that the bid committee was wasting US$ 50 million.

You are nor alone, but like what the Rio state governor said during the bid final presentation, the most important legacy is psychological. After the games the people of Rio will feel that they can achieve this. The feeling of pride.

organising more and more mega events, make us believe that we can do. not much but in 10 years time we are host of several big organisations and nearly in total 50.000 athletes come and race in turkey.

but people give more importance to their comforts and complaining about with this mega event and infrastructure booming who will become more richer...

ah also the audience... turks dont much interest in hockey or rowing like football or basketball. people think these venues will be empty at the olympics thts another thing and its true.

due to this the government will start a new programme for sports and olympism at elemnatry schools. to teach new generations how sport is important and a way of life. the first fruits of this prog. was women youth volleyball team. and they won the world champ. a week ago.

if we want st, we can success.. but we have to show our people that "we can do" thing... and this is governments and social civil associations job.

and a news from AFP

Istanbul is favorite at 2020 race an IOC member said to AFP. " the unity of whole country and a step to the muslim world makes Istanbul favorite at 2020 race". his/ her name not given.

the economical situation of spain and Italy and political conflicts with it, with 1.7 million population and high heats droping the chances of other candidates he also added.

My link

And this was certainly another point that Lula was trying to drive home. Making the Brazilian people "prideful".

But now with Doha joining the fray, I see the Arab votes being split now. Something the Rio bid didn't face, since they were the only "new frontier" bid in the 2016 candidate race. Not to mention that a Brazilian was also in the upper-crust of the IOC, another element that won't be in Istanbul's favor.

tokyo can make a surprise with the asian votes after doha eliminated. and can kick off one of the europeans out of the race in the second round

It's possible. But then the euros will unite behind their one candidate. Now, if you meet my fee, emre, I can make sure that Tokyo doesn't get to the 3rd round.

It's possible. But then the euros will unite behind their one candidate. Now, if you meet my fee, emre, I can make sure that Tokyo doesn't get to the 3rd round.

not sure...

they will sacrifice an euro candidate at second round as i guess. cause EU will divide into 3 and others too. lets guess the cities how many votes from europe they can get?

which countries will vote and how many votes they have in IOC?

austria 1, belgium 1, crotia 1, czech 1,denmark 2, finland 2,france 3, germany 5,GB 5,greece 2 ,hungary 2, ireland 2,israel 1,italy 5, liech.. 1,luxembourg 2, monaco 1,netherlands 2, nrway 1,poland 1, russia 3, spain 4, sweden 4,swiss 5 (wow),turkey 1,ukraine 2, slovakia 1,serbia 1, portugal 1

total:63

as i calculate right?

well greece will support istanbul at least we have 2 guarantee and russia can back too. 5 :S

austria 1, belgium 1, crotia 1, czech 1,denmark 2, finland 2,france 3, germany 5,GB 5,greece 2 ,hungary 2, ireland 2,israel 1,italy 5, liech.. 1,luxembourg 2, monaco 1,netherlands 2, nrway 1,poland 1, russia 3, spain 4, sweden 4,swiss 5 (wow),turkey 1,ukraine 2, slovakia 1,serbia 1, portugal 1

total:63

as i calculate right?

well greece will support istanbul at least we have 2

guarantee and russia can back too. 5 :S

Germany's 5... Germany/Turkey the same.... ;)

If we are talking about a European out in 2nd round, I think Rome will be...

Post lots of pictures of venues.

we still dont have the project and the plan of olympic village. but here r the pics of venues planned to use in olympics

sinan erdem dome

capacity 17,000

4504698025_a97f479203.jpg

sinan-erdem-spor-salonu.jpg

new Ataköy Atlethics dome under const. next to sinan erdem dome

capacity 7500

plan.jpg

63614_132498273476476_132162130176757_199973_4499406_n.jpg

for football

türk telekom arena 52000

arena.jpg

Beşiktaş İnönü Stadium (new) 42000 the project ( next to the bosphorus dolmabahçe palace, will be the best stadium ever:D )

51857309ns8.jpg

as i know new gymnastics,veledrome and aquatics will placed in olympic village next to olympic stadium. but i dont have any pics about the area if they are building or not

fatih knows better than me about it. may be he will add better pics and other venue photos.

Too islamic. Roof will have to go. ;)

lol its a cresent :) and u r right , the arcitechts try to make st for Istanbul. but i like it anyway :)

by the way i just saw thousands of storks migrating from istanbul to hot places in south... unbelievable, beautiful... like to share with u but not the place for it ...

Archived