Istanbul 2020

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the turks just too busy, because they want all the events go to them... the logo bid isn't critical one, that's why they will leave it until the last minute.... I'm afraid if they can't focus, they'll lost all the battle.... the Euro 2020, the World Expo, and the Olympic -sorry emre, i don't mean to hurt you, but i think the turk just to greedy, even I never hear before bigger country than Turky wnats to host all the biggest even in the world in the same time... What if they also bid for the World Cup ? ;)

lol... we r not greedy, just our government and the years are important it will be the 100 th year of turkish republic and thats why people hanging on all events at the same time

but I'm sure expo 2020 izmir + istanbul 2020 or euro 2020 ( depends on if IOC honor us or not) will be enough ... than 2024 euro or olympics we have in schedule ... and thn world cup

:)

Ministry of sports is just focus on olympics for now , nothng certain for euro yet...

Hahahahaha.... Qatar and UAE is all about oil-money.... While Turkey even not a BRIC or BRICS country :) and.... Turkey credit rating even lower than my country :), so where the money comes from ?

tts why , m saying this. u just have oil money, we ave a huge population and developed industry to suppport these events.

bric is a special group, before turkey and sa there s indonesia and mexico fittting more

I wouldn't call the Eastern turkish countryside a developed industrial region...

so amazons of brazil, west china, or siberia in russia? whats the point there. Istanbul is producing quarter of the gdp of Turkey, half of imports on the other hand

so amazons of brazil, west china, or siberia in russia? whats the point there. Istanbul is producing quarter of the gdp of Turkey, half of imports on the other hand

Yeah, Istanbul is a economical hot spot in Turkey, but the majority of the money spent on the games will be of the government in Ankara.

You can't compare Turkey with those countries. Russia has huge natural gas reserves and exports, in China you can do all CCP wants to have and brazil was only chosen for 2016 'cause it filled the map as the first host in South America. And you also mustn't forget that Brazil, Russia and China are still huge countries compared to Turkey.

Yeah, Istanbul is a economical hot spot in Turkey, but the majority of the money spent on the games will be of the government in Ankara.

You can't compare Turkey with those countries. Russia has huge natural gas reserves and exports, in China you can do all CCP wants to have and brazil was only chosen for 2016 'cause it filled the map as the first host in South America. And you also mustn't forget that Brazil, Russia and China are still huge countries compared to Turkey.

just they were an example, but in developing countries the cities leading the country. not like germany or sweden like all country has the same powerty.

about the government , they will hang on expo and olympics as much as they can do. cause the following year there is general voting in turkey, and recep tayyip erdoğan wont be in the parliament anymore ( his 3rd tme) and people voting for him. they need to achieve st huge to get votes

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see the opponent for each race, for SOG 2020 : Istanbul must fight with Madrid, Tokyo, Baku and Doha, there is no single favourite in this race, the minus point is, the SOG only be held in 1 city only, only Istanbul, let's see for EURO 2020, the opponent will be Armenia-Azerbaijan-Georgia, Belgium, Boznia-Croatia-Serbia, Czech-Slovakia, Romania-Bulgaria/Hungary, Netherlands, Republic Ireland-Scotland-Wales, in EURO 2020, I also don't see any strong candidate, maybe Netherlands, or the UK joint bid, but I never heard a joint bid from 3 countries, and Turkey i think is the strongest one in this race, plus EURO 2020 will be celebrated more than 1 city, so it's more essential to celebrate their 100th anniversary...

Archived