Istanbul 2020

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turkey can show another city instead of Istanbul for euro 2020 so 2 organisations can be held at the same country.

It just wouldn't make sence to host a UEFA Euro in Turkey with no venues in Istanbul. It's Turkey's biggest city and has already a few possible venues in place (just to mention Atatürk Olympic Stadium, Türk Telekom Arena, the new Besiktas Stadium to be built on the site of Inönu Stadium). Istanbul is also the only city capable of hosting a Euro which is located (at least partially) in Europe.

Sorry, that's a horrible translation, what's going on?

well cant find a english one sorry for tht.

its all about Wolfgang Niersbach a german UEFA member said to BILDs that Turkey will host Euro 2020. and its been nearly decided.

i dont believe UEFA already made its decision about 2020 but after 2016 voting many members and countries in UEFA thinking the same as said, 2020 will be in Turkey for sure. also its not st i say but a flash news in all tvs and news here.

about 2020 olympics and Uefa hosting, i dont have any idea if a city can host 2 int. organisations at the same year but different timings. anyway incase st like this happens july will be olympics and september will be uefa champ n ıstanbul can work IMO.

about expo its totally different city and region of the country. it wont affect olympic bid but can help it on the other hand.

well cant find a english one sorry for tht.

its all about Wolfgang Niersbach a german UEFA member said to BILDs that Turkey will host Euro 2020. and its been nearly decided.

i dont believe UEFA already made its decision about 2020 but after 2016 voting many members and countries in UEFA thinking the same as said, 2020 will be in Turkey for sure. also its not st i say but a flash news in all tvs and news here.

Seems a curious thing to say because you'd think UEFA might want some competition even if it is inclined to vote for Turkey. Who else is going to bid if it's apparently all wrapped up? <_<

Unless of course they really want Turkey to host so are saying this in order to put the IOC off?

About 2020 olympics and Uefa hosting, i dont have any idea if a city can host 2 int. organisations at the same year but different timings. anyway incase st like this happens july will be olympics and september will be uefa champ n ıstanbul can work IMO.

You sure you've got that the right way around? So you expect the Paralympics to be on at pretty much the same time as the Euros and the Euros to take place during the first month of the European football season?! That plan would upset the big leagues in Europe and break all IOC rules about the host country not having other big events within a month of theirs!

Seems a curious thing to say because you'd think UEFA might want some competition even if it is inclined to vote for Turkey. Who else is going to bid if it's apparently all wrapped up? <_<

Unless of course they really want Turkey to host so are saying this in order to put the IOC off?

You sure you've got that the right way around? So you expect the Paralympics to be on at pretty much the same time as the Euros and the Euros to take place during the first month of the European football season?! That plan would upset the big leagues in Europe and break all IOC rules about the host country not having other big events within a month of theirs!

i have no idea about timings... just asking if its possible st like that?. İstanbul has 3 elite 1 projected 5 star stadiums and 2 of dem can be used for euro which wont used for the games.

dreaming about st but realism is st else:) sure turkey can handle 3 o those in the same year but it will be hard to schedule olympics paralympics and euro at the same season for Istanbul ( can be in june and july olympics and end of august EURO). at least the UEFA will decide at 2014 1 year after IOC decision, 1 of dem most probably will be here but i prefer olympics :)

UEFA hasnt decided that's almost a fact! Maybe they will rather see Turkey than other country but NOT winner has been decided than wont be fair

yeap .. its worst than Qatar 2022 bribe clouds... its not fair nd not fairplay....

but what im asking for u guys about 2020 olympic bid of Istanbul and how it will affect if there is st real like this.? what u think??

not officially candidate and dont have any internal pr yet. so silence... but the PM and sports minister added 2020 application in their every speech so people getting warmer to the race.

much more interest on their daily lifes. the first bosphrous bridge will close for a renovation following year for a year so the most talked issue is that those days. consider 5 million people crossing continents ( double it with returning back number) using the bridge its a disaster lol..:)

http://www.sondakika.com/haber-atakoy-atletizm-salonu-nun-insaatinda-son-3262235/

as i told u ... the athletics field is set for now. i found a video about the ataköy athletics aena build for 2012 world indor champ recorded at the beginning of january.

must be over these days and next week turkish indoor athletics champ will be hold.

another sports arena opened yesterday in Istanbul after Ataköy Athletics Arena

The arena with an audience capacity of 13,800-seats, hosts beside national and international sports events such as basketball, volleyball, wrestling and weightlifting, concerts and congresses even has two olympic pools for Fenerbahçe SK swimming branch, five star otel, shopping centers, fast-food cafeterias, restaurants and cinemas.The arena covers an area of approximately 55,000 m2 (590,000 sq ft) and is one of major arenas of the city.

ulker-sports-arena-e1327524871112.pngfenerbahceUlkerArena.jpgarena_panorama.jpg

hmmm good news from Ankara,

rumuors about a special ministery for just OLYMPICS.. and the name of the minister could be mevlut cavusoglu, is the current president of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe...if it will happens, thats how turkey and turkish government see the olympics as not a regional but a as a national issue and taking serious...

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/yazarlar/19790506.asp

Marid just today release their bid log, Rome will be in Feb 9th, and Doha, finally reveal their plan to release their bid logo and their website at Feb 10th 2012... So, hello Istanbul, when will you release it ? Emre any news ? since Istanbul is the only one without any news, I'm afraid Turkey just too busy with all sport event that they want to be hosted on Turkey :)

Marid just today release their bid log, Rome will be in Feb 9th, and Doha, finally reveal their plan to release their bid logo and their website at Feb 10th 2012... So, hello Istanbul, when will you release it ? Emre any news ? since Istanbul is the only one without any news, I'm afraid Turkey just too busy with all sport event that they want to be hosted on Turkey :)

as i read from conversation , Istanbul will announce its logo after IOC confirmed the city officially candidate...

turkish officials a bit cunning this time, waiting for everybody show their cards and then they release information about Istanbul.

also PM and sports minister thinking about an Olympic Ministery about bidding procedure which shows how it is important for the government and the nation... ( i also read it from an article)

Archived