Bidding For An Ioc Session

Augie4040

What is the method for bidding for an IOC Session? Or does the IOC just decide on a city?

If there is a bidding process who is bidding for future session after Durban in 2011?

Yes, they do bid. I think it was Hong Kong they competed against.Don't think bidding's opened up for the next one yet. Or anybody's put their hands up to bid yet.

Thats a good question. I think Auckland should consider bid to host the an IOC session.

We have held events like APEC etc before so I think it would be within our capabilities.

Actually, it would be a good event for Auckland, or Oz, to bid for. They usually don't go to continents likely to produce the host city, so Oceania would be clear.

Maybe the US should mount a bid...get the entire IOC in town and butter them up.

Hold it in Honolulu, treat the IOC to a tropical vacation and have a huge Luau in their honor with hot-as-hell topless Hawaiian women as the servers. So when the USOC bids Honolulu for the 2032 games the IOC will be like "oh hells yes, that island was fuckign awesome! Damn straight I want to spend 2 weeks there at the Oahu Four Seasons"

Actually, it would be a good event for Auckland, or Oz, to bid for. They usually don't go to continents likely to produce the host city, so Oceania would be clear.

Yea it would be good for New Zealand to bid for this. This will be good for our standing in the IOC.

Rogge was recently in New Zealand for the New Zealand Winter games where the Oceania National Olympic Committees were meeting in Queenstown. Sebastian Coe was in New Zealand for this as well.

Hold it in Honolulu, treat the IOC to a tropical vacation and have a huge Luau in their honor with hot-as-hell topless Hawaiian women as the servers. So when the USOC bids Honolulu for the 2032 games the IOC will be like "oh hells yes, that island was fuckign awesome! Damn straight I want to spend 2 weeks there at the Oahu Four Seasons"

On of your more sensible suggestions .... until you brought in the Honolulu summer games bid crap. An IOC session woud be the closest Hawaii would ever get to the games - maybe that and holding part of a torch relay.

Seriously, though, the US I don't think has ever held an IOC session (apart from those at the same time as a games). THAT could be a good start to trying to mend bridges with the IOC.

Yea I agree! Honolulu should bid for IOC session and then later the will win the Olympics.

Honolulu is growing pretty fast. It's definitely on it's way to being Olympics-capable in a generation or two. It is "small" but the whole state of Hawaii is built around tourism and influxes of visitors. But I agree it would be a great session or congress host city in the meantime.

Honolulu is growing pretty fast. It's definitely on it's way to being Olympics-capable in a generation or two. It is "small" but the whole state of Hawaii is built around tourism and influxes of visitors. But I agree it would be a great session or congress host city in the meantime.

but being an island it can grow only so much and there is a mountain range in the middle of the island and the fact that its pretty far away from just about everyone might be a strike against it for an IOC session.

Computer says no!

It would be great to hold an IOC session but that would be about all.

but being an island it can grow only so much and there is a mountain range in the middle of the island and the fact that its pretty far away from just about everyone might be a strike against it for an IOC session.

It's not like Guatamala City in 2007 was at the centre of the world's crossroads. It's remoteness I reckon is if anything a bit of a plus - a neutral ground for just about averyone (unless the US does decide to bid for a SOG).

I don't think its a bad city to have a session in just not an ideal one.

what is that from? a radio show i listen to uses it all the time. (and the computer says yes version also)

It was on Little Britain television progam

Yea it would be good for New Zealand to bid for this. This will be good for our standing in the IOC.

Rogge was recently in New Zealand for the New Zealand Winter games where the Oceania National Olympic Committees were meeting in Queenstown. Sebastian Coe was in New Zealand for this as well.

I think it would be a historic event if Auckland held the 2013 IOC Session where South Africa was awarded the 2020 Smmer Games. Is there still anamosity over tha reign match in the 80s?

Maybe the US should mount a bid...get the entire IOC in town and butter them up.

Actually I just spoke to the BASOC chair yesterday. Yes. we might put San Francisco forward for 2013; especially since the current USOC chairman is from the Bay Area anyway. She said we'll let the dust settle first and then she'll probably speak to SF and the USOC in the next week or 2.