Cnn's Arrogance

mr.x

The newsroom looks pretty cool, but why does the newscast have such a very old-fashioned theme song? It sounds as if it's 1985 and they've just discovered the synthesiser.

I think they use that theme song since the beginning of Jornal Nacional in 1969. You think that's old fashioned? You need to know the 'plim-plim': Globo TV's traditional 'noise' :lol:

I think they use that theme song since the beginning of Jornal Nacional in 1969. You think that's old fashioned? You need to know the 'plim-plim': Globo TV's traditional 'noise' :lol:

They made a new version for this new newsroom inauguration, with the same music, but modern instruments...

But Globo is too traditional and they thought the music could confuse the people (it's freaky, but it's a real concern in Brazilian TV). The new music (made by a great Globo maestro) was only used for the celebration reports on JN's 40 years.

This music version is from 1989, and theme originally is a English instrumental called Hyde Park, from 1969...

They made a new version for this new newsroom inauguration, with the same music, but modern instruments...

But Globo is too traditional and they thought the music could confuse the people (it's freaky, but it's a real concern in Brazilian TV). The new music (made by a great Globo maestro) was only used for the celebration reports on JN's 40 years.

This music version is from 1989, and theme originally is a English instrumental called Hyde Park, from 1969...

By the way, I am totally against changing this theme song. It's part of the brand of TV Globo, like the also old Fantastico and Esporte Espetacular songs.

CNN can be arrogant and ignorant sometimes. I remember one year (2007 I believe) they were covering the Oscars and they were quite confident Ruby Dee would win Best Supporting Actress for American Gangster. She had the least amount of screen time of any nominee that year, was considered by many film critics to be unlikely for the win, and low & behold she lost.

Hilarious. Losers.

CNN can be arrogant and ignorant sometimes. I remember one year (2007 I believe) they were covering the Oscars and they were quite confident Ruby Dee would win Best Supporting Actress for American Gangster. She had the least amount of screen time of any nominee that year, was considered by many film critics to be unlikely for the win, and low & behold she lost.

Hilarious. Losers.

CNN is always strange they were the last to confirm Michael Jackson died then a few months later they reported that shots were being fired on the Potomac River in Washington DC which turned out not to be true. I know no news organization is perfect but really what the heck?

Glenn Beck the name of Fox News anchor that I hate... Can anyone be more silly than him? Impossible!

BTW, loved what Brian Williams said about Rio's victory: Rio is celebrating for yours, you can almost hear it from here...

LOL

Archived