Carlos Nuzman On His First Day As The President Of Rocog

In an interview for Globo TV today, at the olympic congress, Carlos Nuzman said that the first official work meeting for the Rio team will happen the first week in November, despite of his wishes to have started yesterday. This is because of official meetings he have to attend with the IOC throughout the rest of October.

In an interview for Globo TV today, at the olympic congress, Carlos Nuzman said that the first official work meeting for the Rio team will happen the first week in November, despite of his wishes to have started yesterday. This is because of official meetings he have to attend with the IOC throughout the rest of October.

He also said that before the election his team predicted a final round of Rio 67, Madrid 33.

If he's telling the truth - that's quite astounding.

IOC showed during their Congress today the famous World Map of Rio including "1 games" over south america...

The message was clear: "We made our part, Rio it's really your turn"

LOL

I like CORIO - I'd heard it mentioned before and thought it had a nice ring there.

Is Nuzman likely to head-up the CORIO? Usually it's different skills that need to come to bear to organise rather than to lobby. Or is he as essential to RIo 2016 as Gianna was to Athens.

Also, any word on which IOC member is going to be heading up the Coordination Committee? That's going to be a key appointment.

I like CORIO - I'd heard it mentioned before and thought it had a nice ring there.

Is Nuzman likely to head-up the CORIO? Usually it's different skills that need to come to bear to organise rather than to lobby. Or is he as essential to RIo 2016 as Gianna was to Athens.

Also, any word on which IOC member is going to be heading up the Coordination Committee? That's going to be a key appointment.

They will probably use an acronym that works in Portuguese and French, like COI instead of IOC. The Rio name should be fully in it, and not as an R.

It was a strong thing Evaluation Report pointed. ROCOG or CORIO be the same people of the bid.

The CORIO (let's call it like this for a while) was planned in the bid to have the same people working during the preparations. This was very well evaluated by IOC, as many other things people here didn't read because they were only seeing bad sides of Rio bidding...

Now, if you read international media, Rio bid is considered the strong thing in Rio's victory.

Even NY Times, Guardian are pointing the success of Rio on the bid comitee.

About the Rio's presentation, and bid, guardian have a great article on it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/oct/0...s-2016-mike-lee

(Well, written by Mike Lee)

Well, the financial studies for possible $$$ returns to the city of Rio are eye candy. Even the horrible management nightmare of Rio´s PanAms 2007 did make good revenue for Brazil. For each R$ 1,00 spent on PanAms R$ 3,00 returned in some way. And according with a marketing expert 60% (from 2007 PanAms revenue) went to São Paulo because is the industrial heartland of Brazil. The same will mostly happen with Rio 2016! So it´s important for Rio to turn the infrastructure plans in reality because most of the money later will not stay in town.

Well, well, what do we have here.

The IOC's vote to award Rio the right to stage the 2016 Olympic games should send a huge message to those bidding cities who rely on arrogance and greed to push themselves into the spotlight. Madrid was a pleasant surprise, Tokyo was an awful surprise, Rio (YAY!) conformed to expectations, and most certainly did Chicago.

Over and over and over again, since the bidding for these games began, the variables were clearly presented on the forums of Gamesbids as to why Chicago was not going to host the 2016 Olympic Games. For those who were not familiar with the stated factors, here they are:

The Fatigue Variable :- The IOC's International Representatives and the entire WORLD I might add, were exhausted to see the games return to the US over and over and over and over again. In the end, like it or not, monotony grows distasteful!

The Global Financial Crisis Variable:- The fact remains that The US is responsible, to a staggeringly significant degree, for the current global economic crisis. Additionally, the "greed" behind Chicago's bid to have the US host the games again most certainly did not set the correct tone to those who were intimately involved in the selection/voting process.

The US Doping Variable:- The undeniable fact remains that everyone is aware of the complete disregard for the ideals of clean participation in sport over the last decade by U.S athletes. Most notably, those in Track and Field. The IOC had to insist that a strong message be sent.

The Salt Lake City Scandal Variable:- which tarnished the Chicago bid and again, was a grotesque compromise of the ideals of the IOC formal bidding process.

The Arrogance Variable:- which was heightened by the over-reliance on the US President Barak Obama. Chicago made the fatal error of using Presedent Obama to gloss over the obvious fissures in their Bid proposal to the IOC, hoping that his universally respected charm and elegance would persuade the voting delegates to hand the games to the US. It was, in every regard, an insulting move against every IOC delegate, and the intelligence each possesses.

The GamesBids Variable:- Believe it or not, every member on Gamesbids in not JUST a fan. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, when it all comes down to the pith of the whole situation, some members of Gamesbids hold the power in their hands and minds.

I would like, most graciously at this time to thank Rio for an exceptionally stunning bid and to formally congratulate them on bringing the games to South America for the first time. I would also at this time want to suggest that this victory is perhaps the loudest, most unmistakable indirect message to the Canadian City of Toronto to commence working towards an Olympic future. Be assertive not arrogant, be meticulous not dismissive, be determined and your efforts shall not fail. This should most ceratinly apply to Toronto in its bid to stage the 2015 Pan American Games. Scutinize carefully who you choose, if you so choose, to lead your bid. See you in

Vancouver 2010

London 2012

and

Rio 2016!!!!!!!!!!

Archived