EURO 2012

Italy (11 votes)

Cro/Hun (9)

Pol/Ukr (7)

Turkey (6)

Greece (2)

Two suggestions:

The problem of Turkeys bid could be the Atatürk-Stadium. Its far away from the city center and there are problems with the infrastructure to the stadium.

The Greek problem is obvious: The construction delays before the Olympic Games.

You can't compare a country that hosted the Olympics (and everyone agreed they were succesful) with countries of ex-soviet block that don't have the basics.

Face it. UEFA made a pure political decision. They want to sell their product to new markets.

You can't compare a country that hosted the Olympics (and everyone agreed they were succesful) with countries of ex-soviet block that don't have the basics.

Face it. UEFA made a pure political decision. They want to sell their product to new markets.

No, that's because the Greeks are too busy "making nookie" as Pyrros said -- instead of building stadia.  :wwww: The Greeks are on top of Pyrros' list (see attached), but at the bottom of this UEFA contest.  Perhaps there is an inverse  correlation?  

Greeks' love-making  prowess, according to Pyrros

The problem of Turkeys bid could be the Atatürk-Stadium. Its far away from the city center and there are problems with the infrastructure to the stadium.

I think there were traffic problems on the night of the Champions League final. I certainly heard stories after the game of people abandoning their vehicles on the way to the stadium.

I think there were traffic problems on the night of the Champions League final. I certainly heard stories after the game of people abandoning their vehicles on the way to the stadium.

Istanbul can change of stadium for next Eurocup bids or make a solution to the traffic problems with a great public transport system :oops:

Mmmm... I don't know. I think the success of Greece at Euro 2004 probably made us believe that Greece is a big power at Europe... but it is not real. Greece is winning a spot in the continental football so I think Greeks don't have to feel bad. Remember that this is the first time they bid... probably for 2016.

Turkey? Mmmm... I don't know. I think the answer is "The other bids got more votes". I think Turkey has the same possibility of hosting than Poland/Ukraine or Croatia/Hungary, but only three can qualify...

I would love to see Croatia-Hungary, but it seems that the winner will be Italy.

I think Poland and Ukraine have a chance.

Poland and Ukraine deserves more than Italy the WC :oops:

Italy (11 votes)

Cro/Hun (9)

Pol/Ukr (7)

Turkey (6)

Greece (2)

Two suggestions:

The Greek problem is obvious: The construction delays before the Olympic Games.

Italy can almost be self-explanatory, in terms of its capability of hosting something like this event. However, what about the two joint bids? What stadiums do they have on the table here?

I think Poland and Ukraine would be well served. An absolutely superb stadium was opened in Donetsk not so long ago and I presume there are plans for improvements to other grounds.

The only stadium I know about for Croatia and Hungary is the Puskas stadium in Budapest, which holds around 40,000.

Archived