Rio De Janeiro Clips

We can't talk about Rio de Janeiro 2016 bid without talking about all the clips Rio made for the campaign.

The master plan video is considered by many the key point when Rio become the favourite over Chicago.

Rio's "Cidade Maravilhosa" song with cariocas practicing sports all along Rio is other great job.

IOC final presentation's clip 1 was not the better but made it works, shows Rio de Janeiro music, people and landscapes without emotion (maybe intentional, since emotional was grewing in scale til the end of presentation)...

And the final masterpiece "Passion united us" was simply, the best video in Copenhagen, in my opinion. The message was clear and simple.

It's a video about Rio with no naked-bikini-speedos people at the beach, no breathtaking images of Rio, no upbeat samba, no carnival, no soccer... Only world athletes and cariocas celebrating together at the city, and in the final, at the beach. - OUTSTANDING!

Please, comments

For an Academy Award nominated director, I found Meirelles video surprinsingly uninteresting. Beautiful, but nothing special. To be honest, I liked the venues presentation video better ^^

For an Academy Award nominated director, I found Meirelles video surprinsingly uninteresting. Beautiful, but nothing special. To be honest, I liked the venues presentation video better ^^

The meaning was the key of the Meirelles final clip...

Well, it was special since many people cry (as me) watching it during the presentation in Copenhagen... Well... I loved it.

I believe that those box will be better, since Rio didn't made an archictetural project...

Well, when Beijing showed its video, The Bird Nest wasn't there either. They planned it after winning.

Rio probably will do the same.

Passion united us was the best i felt the passion and i was happy fro Rio...

can't wait for 2016. ...

Lucas, the Passion Unites Us video was great, but of course, it's not unanimous...

I was reading in Internet that even some argentine cried wathcing that video during presentation (!!!)

I'll post soon all the video made by Rio team...

We can't deny this was a great work.

About "Unity" (the real name of Passion unites us), 1,500 actors were used and clip was finished in the final day, after trillions of changes made by Mike Lee, according Brazilian press.

All Brazilian delegation and some IOC members cryed at end, when the olympic rings is made by athletes in Copacabana Beach.

The message was clear. Unite the world in Rio, IOC.

The video was directly made for IOC members, but also made half-Brazil cry...

Even in re-broadcastings of the video, when the image returns to the anchor or to the studio, people are crying...

Just amazing work!!!

I'll post soon all the video made by Rio team...

We can't deny this was a great work.

About "Unity" (the real name of Passion unites us), 1,500 actors were used and clip was finished in the final day, after trillions of changes made by Mike Lee, according Brazilian press.

All Brazilian delegation and some IOC members cryed at end, when the olympic rings is made by athletes in Copacabana Beach.

The message was clear. Unite the world in Rio, IOC.

The video was directly made for IOC members, but also made half-Brazil cry...

Even in re-broadcastings of the video, when the image returns to the anchor or to the studio, people are crying...

Just amazing work!!!

I cried halfway into it. It was just amazing.

Do you know where I can find the video played at the announcement ceremony?

The announcement

Live from Copacabana, and I was there :P:lol:

Rio 2016 The passion unites us, Live your passion.

La passion qui nous unit, Vivez votre passion.

A paixão que nos une, Viva sua paixão.

Thank you very much, mr_one, but I was asking for the video played before the announcement. Before Jacques Rogge opened the envelope, a video of each candidate city was played. Rio's one featured athletes practising sports with the song "Cidade Maravilhosa".

Thank you very much, mr_one, but I was asking for the video played before the announcement. Before Jacques Rogge opened the envelope, a video of each candidate city was played. Rio's one featured athletes practising sports with the song "Cidade Maravilhosa".

Ahh yes, so take a look here. It is the 6th video.

http://www.olympic.org/en/content/Olympic-...the-2016-Games/

Archived