2020 Bid?

U think Madrid will try in 2020? or will be Sevilla or Valencia??? COE said to Sevilla dont try again cause they failed in 2 times and Madrid did same now! what will hppen? sure cause it is Capital will can do it again no?

I wanna a 2020 bid! idont wanna a2018 winterbid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
U think Madrid will try in 2020? or will be Sevilla or Valencia??? COE said to Sevilla dont try again cause they failed in 2 times and Madrid did same now! what will hppen? sure cause it is Capital will can do it again no?

I wanna a 2020 bid! idont wanna a2018 winterbid

I think Madrid should try again sooner or later, while Valencia and Seville wouldn't stand a chance, they don't have the required size and world status, as interesting the cities can be. Madrid has made a good impression both times, while Seville never went through the shorlist, so it's not comparable. What advantage would Seville and Valencia have in the eyes of the IOC over Madrid? The sea in the case of Valencia?

I'm all for a strong winter bid also, even though that would mean no summer games in some decades. We need to develop our winter sports culture, we are absolutely terrible considering we are the second most montanous country in Europe. We've got only two winter olympic medals. :unsure:

I think Madrid should bid for 2020. It will have EXCELLENT chances!!

Sure Baron??? im surprised i thougth u detested Madrid, and maybe now i understand that udefend the rotation rule!

Well in the end we touched with fingers ... hehehe not so bad

Sure Baron??? im surprised i thougth u detested Madrid, and maybe now i understand that udefend the rotation rule!

Well in the end we touched with fingers ... hehehe not so bad

I detested Madrid's bid NOT because of Madrid or the Spanish people (after all, my father's side of the family has Spanish roots) -- but because it seemed like a waste of time, energy and money (as all the fallen bids) when it had London 2012 going AGAINST its chances. That's all.

But I also understand now that Madrid launched the bid because this was possibly the last chance that Samaranch could use his influence to deliver the votes.

Also actually, I didn't see Rio or Tokyo's presentations...but I think the videos of Madrid were a little better than Chicago's.

Madrid should bid for 2020. I really have a hunch now that it could perfectly host those Games.

It's quite stupid hearing people who think Seville should bid instead of Madrid. Don't they remember the disaster the city made in the race for 2008? Yesterday, Madrid did a great work and almost won the race.

A dead Samaranch may be useful too. This time, Madrid was even closer than before and if JAS is dead by 2013 or so and Madrid name it's main stadium after the old guy, 2020 may be theirs.

...or not...I mean a stadium named after a manipulative ex-IOC president vs. a new region (Africa) wanting the Games and ready for it -- which would tip the scales??

...or not...I mean a stadium named after a manipulative ex-IOC president vs. a new region (Africa) wanting the Games and ready for it -- which would tip the scales??

Samaranch is a total tool. An arrogant old man, who insists that people call him "your excllency"? And isn't he a freaking Franco Facist anyway? I don't like him.

Madrid had the best presentation!

Only 2 flaws in my opinion.

1. Samaranch's awkward "my last wish before I die" plee.

2. Using old video at the end.

Other than that you wiped the floor clean with the other 3 presentation.

It was great.

The use of the old video at the end was a subliminal message...we were here 4 years ago.

As a Spanish sports newspaper, Marca, says on its website, Prince Albert of Monaco and Sergei Bubka have told Madrid to bid again for 2020.

Prince Albert is a real laugh with his questions.

Madrid will eventually get the games and I think they should bid again in 2020

You almost NEVER hear the IOC discourage a bid -- in fact, the only time I recall this happening was with that ill-conceived Nigerian announcement. The IOC makes money off the bids. The more attention they get from them the better. They're going to encourage everyone and their mother-in-law to bid, even if they have no chance of being selected.

I don't think 2020 is a good idea for Madrid. Although I can imagine the Games returning to Europe, I don't think the IOC's first choice would be two Latin Summer Games in a row. Better to wait.

Whenever Madrid bids again, it will probably have an uphill battle to climb. You can bet that when the IOC is ready to go back to Europe Paris will be waiting in the wings. That's Madrid's biggest problem.

Of course, there's also the South African issue. I've said this in multiple threads, but it bears repeating. Whenever South Africa submits a solid bid, the other cities should just save themselves a whole lot of trouble and concede.

Madrid should bid for 2020. I really have a hunch now that it could perfectly host those Games.

It's quite stupid hearing people who think Seville should bid instead of Madrid. Don't they remember the disaster the city made in the race for 2008? Yesterday, Madrid did a great work and almost won the race.

Gracias por el nsulto pero solo era un comentario pa er opiniones! usa nonsesnse en vez de estupido, por lo menos sabiendo que es mi comentario el q lo genera.

No kiero problemas y menos con uno de mi pais.

The use of the old video at the end was a subliminal message...we were here 4 years ago.

indeed with baron, i would make in 2020 a video saying, we tried 1972 i wwere bad times in spain, we tried in 2012 but we clnt and we tried in 2016 and we touched with fingers, it is our time cause we true wish make a Olimpycs. Madrid 2020 : we wish!

hhehehe

PEople want other bid or 2020 everyone in Spain want more all media say it , and i know it will happend , Lizzabetsky said that now thy cetrate in Football 2018 and then.... ( he said sublimnal it will be Madrid 2020 ), there ara a reservate page madrid2020.es and there are a contest of logos in architecture collegue. so it is so clear no? hehehehe

32 votes this year if we keep it and add latin votes maybe we do lol

We have a solid floor of 32 votes 2 times

You almost NEVER hear the IOC discourage a bid -- in fact, the only time I recall this happening was with that ill-conceived Nigerian announcement. The IOC makes money off the bids.

I thought this as well, but Jeremie pointed out to me that the costs the bidding only cover the expenses the IOC; the evaluation committee, the reports, the IOC session etc. They don't apparently, make a lot of money from bids.

That's not to say the publicity of a great race, like this one or especially 2012, isn't good for them.

indeed with baron, i would make in 2020 a video saying, we tried 1972 i wwere bad times in spain, we tried in 2012 but we clnt and we tried in 2016 and we touched with fingers, it is our time cause we true wish make a Olimpycs. Madrid 2020 : we wish!

hhehehe

PEople want other bid or 2020 everyone in Spain want more all media say it , and i know it will happend , Lizzabetsky said that now thy cetrate in Football 2018 and then.... ( he said sublimnal it will be Madrid 2020 ), there ara a reservate page madrid2020.es and there are a contest of logos in architecture collegue. so it is so clear no? hehehehe

32 votes this year if we keep it and add latin votes maybe we do lol

We have a solid floor of 32 votes 2 times

But you know...you should also be realistic. Madrid got those votes because of Samaranch and/or a few impressed with a really technically good bid. How many of the Madrid voters the other day will be around in 2013? You are NOT on the bid team, Tutankamon. Do you know the emotional toll it takes to go more time and then get rejected again?

Madrid should weigh 2020 as to whether the timing is right for it.

#1 - El jefe viejo no va estar por alli en 2013.

#2 - Most of the voters are aware that you already had Barcelona...so why do you deserve another one so soon? (I mean Russia, a far more important Olympic country and it's only had ONE SOG, and Spain wants another one?

But hey, if Madrid wants to bid again...it's your money and your tears...

Well, well, what do we have here.

The IOC's vote to award Rio the right to stage the 2016 Olympic games should send a huge message to those bidding cities who rely on arrogance and greed to push themselves into the spotlight. Madrid was a pleasant surprise, Tokyo was an awful surprise, Rio (YAY!) conformed to expectations, and most certainly did Chicago.

Over and over and over again, since the bidding for these games began, the variables were clearly presented on the forums of Gamesbids as to why Chicago was not going to host the 2016 Olympic Games. For those who were not familiar with the stated factors, here they are:

The Fatigue Variable :- The IOC's International Representatives and the entire WORLD I might add, were exhausted to see the games return to the US over and over and over and over again. In the end, like it or not, monotony grows distasteful!

The Global Financial Crisis Variable:- The fact remains that The US is responsible, to a staggeringly significant degree, for the current global economic crisis. Additionally, the "greed" behind Chicago's bid to have the US host the games again most certainly did not set the correct tone to those who were intimately involved in the selection/voting process.

The US Doping Variable:- The undeniable fact remains that everyone is aware of the complete disregard for the ideals of clean participation in sport over the last decade by U.S athletes. Most notably, those in Track and Field. The IOC had to insist that a strong message be sent.

The Salt Lake City Scandal Variable:- which tarnished the Chicago bid and again, was a grotesque compromise of the ideals of the IOC formal bidding process.

The Arrogance Variable:- which was heightened by the over-reliance on the US President Barak Obama. Chicago made the fatal error of using Presedent Obama to gloss over the obvious fissures in their Bid proposal to the IOC, hoping that his universally respected charm and elegance would persuade the voting delegates to hand the games to the US. It was, in every regard, an insulting move against every IOC delegate, and the intelligence each possesses.

The GamesBids Variable:- Believe it or not, every member on Gamesbids in not JUST a fan. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, when it all comes down to the pith of the whole situation, some members of Gamesbids hold the power in their hands and minds.

I would like, most graciously at this time to thank Rio for an exceptionally stunning bid and to formally congratulate them on bringing the games to South America for the first time. I would also at this time want to suggest that this victory is perhaps the loudest, most unmistakable indirect message to the Canadian City of Toronto to commence working towards an Olympic future. Be assertive not arrogant, be meticulous not dismissive, be determined and your efforts shall not fail. This should most ceratinly apply to Toronto in its bid to stage the 2015 Pan American Games. Scutinize carefully who you choose, if you so choose, to lead your bid. See you in

Vancouver 2010

London 2012

and

Rio 2016!!!!!!!!!!

I think Madrid should try again! Of course would be also the factor FIFA World Cup 2018 - I´ve heard Spain would like to host it (or co-host with Portugal). ;)

Speaking of ucranian Sergei Bubka, there is a curious article about Bubka´s suport for Rio 2016.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Not...DE+JANEIRO.html

Ruling Czar offered an incredibly simplistic, one-sided response. If you take his opinions at face value, Chicago had nothing going for it at all.

Obviously there's an issue with the U.S. hosting 8 times in comparison to South America's goose egg.

Obviously there are major issues between the USOC and the IOC.

As for the Salt Lake City scandal -- I'm sorry but bribery doesn't work without TWO parties. Everybody blew it. Everybody's moving on. Salt Lake got caught -- who knows how many bids got away with it?

Doping? There are cheats from all over the world. They are getting caught and nobody in the U.S. is sanctioning their activities -- we're sending them to prison (not for cheating, but for lying ... still.)

"Obvious fissures in the bid?" Did we read the same bid book? The bid was superb. The funding was there. The organization and forethought was there. The bid was not the problem.

Arrogance? Definitely some, but that is improving and will continue to do so. I also think there's also just a lot of ignorance on the part of the USOC about how Americans are perceived and how the process works. Obama showing up was a sign of humility, deference and respect. It was not arrogance. He came to Copenhagen knowing Rio had a good shot. I don't think he or anyone else expected a slam dunk for Chicago -- of course, they didn't expect to be eliminated with only 18 votes either...

As for the financial crisis -- yes, the U.S. was the biggest player, but we didn't do it all by ourselves. Also, isn't it interesting how the U.S. doesn't get any credit when the global economy is doing well? They only get blamed when it struggles. The truth is, whether anybody wants to admit it or not, there is a certain amount of jealousy of the United States. Granted, the U.S. has made matters worse with unilateral foreign policy, but there will always be some resentment of the top dog. It's just the way it goes.

Regarding GamesBids -- do you really think we swayed the outcome? Talk about arrogance. Maybe a few IOC types glance at the site periodically, but they have more information than we do and are perfectly capable of making up their own minds. It's nice to think that our idle Olympic chatter actually has an impact on something, but I suspect it is pure fantasy.

Thank you Athensfan, most kindly, for your response.

However, I must take the opportunity to pull you back from the cliff of error with regards to my postings

Firstly, I never said that Chicago's bid did not have strong points. It did. It just happened that the three other bidding cities had wayyyyyyyy stronger proposals. So your use of the adjective superb will go down in history as an opinion with the very best intentions.

I do beleiev you are true that they are cheats all over the world. But that is not the issue, the degree of cheating is. I do believe the U.S is second to none in this regard.

I do believe you are lying to yourself ( you have my sincerest pity here) when you suggest that " I don't think he or anyone else expected a slam dunk for Chicago ". The Chicago people wanted him there just to make it as spectacular as possible.

I do believe and endorse some of your points regarding jealousy of the US. I've had the same experience myself here on Gamesbids. However, the authentic American is one who stands for truth even when it is bitter and we did the world a wrong. BUSH did the world a wrong.

Of course agmesbids did not help to sway the vote......it just help to expose the bids to a wee bit more scrutiny. enough said.

thank you once more

from

your ever serene majesty

Ruling Czar

Archived