Australia in 2006WC

I'm not so sure. I certainly wasn't impressed with the USA when they were beaten by England reserves earlier this year. I don't think Australia should be dismissed quite so flippantly.

Don't dismiss of underestimate the USA either.

The USA has more experience of competing in the world cup compared to Australia, and remember in 2002 the USA pulled off a shock victory against Portugal.

When it comes to the big occasions the USA can perform. Australia haven't been in the world cup since 1974, so we don't know how they will perform on the big stage. This is almost unchartered territory for them, given its been 32 years since they were last there.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont the think if Sven has his doubts, so should you? We are no easy-beats.

Yes, i agree Australia is not a easy team. No team should feel happy or celebrate if drawn in the same group as Australia.

But if drawn against England, don't expect a repeat of the 2003 friendly where Aus beat England 3-1. Svens attitude to friendlies is very lax- on the world stage it will be different.

Remember- in 2001 Holland beat England 2-0 in a friendly, only weeks later England demolished germany 5-1.

Competitive games are a different kettle of fish but I still wouldn't underestimate them.

But nobody is under-estimating them though....

Infact they are being over-estimated. For Sven to say he want's to avoid Australia, is giving them far too much respect, more than that team deserves (at the moment, that is, we'll have to wait and see how well they do at 2006).

I mean would England really prefer to have a group with the USA and Australia, or would they prefer the likes of Holland and Sweden etc?

I think we should settle this right now.  2006 Finals between Australia and the US!!  Why go thru the expense of sending the other token 30 teams?  

Let's do an OZ v. US!!  That would be the MOST FANTASTIC WC FINALS in history!!  

:unclesam:

No Baron.

I think we should have the pleasure of knocking out England and Spain in the semis first before the best-ever WC Final!

• 2 weeks later...
I think we should settle this right now.  2006 Finals between Australia and the US!!  Why go thru the expense of sending the other token 30 teams?  

No Baron.

I think we should have the pleasure of knocking out England and Spain in the semis first before the best-ever WC Final!

You'll have to be on better form than you were last summer when our reserves beat your first team convincingly on your home turf!!

Australia v USA would not be a particularly entertaining final either.

Exactly... Mainly part of Europeans would turn off the TV and then only the USA and Australia would watch this """"fantastic""" final... :rolleyes:

As I said, it would be the MOST EXCITING final in WC history.  Who cares about you musty Europeans?  

You wanna go on about this?  Then go suck each others' d*cks!!  :P

Archived