I Have Slept And Have Pondered.

Talking about Lula speeches...

Lula is a nobel prize in speeches if you compare him with George W. Bush, that represented the biggest power of the world for 8 years...

Understand: For everything is like a soccer match. Indeed winnings. He is joking with their friends who supports other teams.

Don't take the presidential thing too serious as it is in US.

You are discovering a new coutry that is really very different.

Did you guys watched the signing of contract??? People singing, president crying, NOC president with a Brazilian flag in hands laughing...

It's definitively a new Olympic Games in a new way. Understand it!

So we are expected to just "understand it!" Yet you simply choose to gloss over and not understand why many are offended by the antics of this Lula character :blink:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess what dannyel meant to say, is that in order to enjoy things at it's fullest, you have to be open to a different way of dealing with things.

In brazil it's more easy going, relaxed and that doesn't mean necessaraly less serious.

We do understand why so many got offended, and Dannyel for what i could see, was just rying to explain why no offense was meant.

I guess what dannyel meant to say, is that in order to enjoy things at it's fullest, you have to be open to a different way of dealing with things.

In brazil it's more easy going, relaxed and that doesn't mean necessaraly less serious.

We do understand why so many got offended, and Dannyel for what i could see, was just rying to explain why no offense was meant.

You know, Patsy... some people here CHOOSE to be offended.... that's it. What Lula says is simply a different point of view than the one some here are used to... I mean, we are in a developing country, one that is trying to affirm its position in the world... and one that disagrees with the current international order, that only reflects a balance of power (or representation, as you wish) from after the II WW.... that's it. But, of course... the ones that think the world is perfect right now, that everything is just, and everybody has the same rights and standard of living, will never accept what Lula says. It's simples like that...

The other thing is that from now on people will try to dismiss Brazil as much as they can... wich is really sad. It sounds a bit of envy...

Archived