What Next, Usa?

Turkey also likes to think it's European, so it's not surprising...

lol

well but we are :) if u think we are not why on earth we are in the euroean council and take place in European Olympic Committees :)

shame on us.. leaving these lands and back where we start to central asia:P

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol

well but we are :) if u think we are not why on earth we are in the euroean council and take place in European Olympic Committees :)

now i know you are in both Europe and Asia but most of your land and population is in Asia right? If thats true why do you so strongly identify as European?

lol

Political expediency. I mean, one little tiny part of Turkey is on the other side of the Bosporus, and the Turkish government thinks that makes them "European" and part of Europe, when in reality, Turkey is a near eastern Asian country.

Oceania is NOT a continent!

Oh my God....

Oceania is a continent!! :lol:

You see? We can spend the whole day doing this... It's the way you learned in USA vs the way I learned in Brazil... Who is right?

Doesn't matter! Just don't assume the whole world is like USA... ;)

Political expediency. I mean, one little tiny part of Turkey is on the other side of the Bosporus, and the Turkish government thinks that makes them "European" and part of Europe, when in reality, Turkey is a near eastern Asian country.

if u mean geo yes we are 2 continental country like russia

but geo doesnt mean anything u know.. even israel participate in Eurovision:)

if u mean geo yes we are 2 continental country like russia

but geo doesnt mean anything u know.. even israel participate in Eurovision:)

OK, are we really going to talk "Israel" now? As they say, there's always an exception to every rule. And the case of Israel proves it. Yes, technically they are part of the Asian land mass but thanks to its petty, hostile, jealous, Bedouin tribe-thinking neighbors, they've managed to exclude Israel from its rightful sports groupings. But since the roots of the founders of what Israel is today are European, so, of course, they have reached out to Europe to be included in Europe's (sports) groupings.

OK, are we really going to talk "Israel" now? As they say, there's always an exception to every rule. And the case of Israel proves it. Yes, technically they are part of the Asian land mass but thanks to its petty, hostile, jealous, Bedouin tribe-thinking neighbors, they've managed to exclude Israel from its rightful sports groupings. But since the roots of the founders of what Israel is today are European, so, of course, they have reached out to Europe to be included in Europe's (sports) groupings.

lol if i say st. here im afraid u gonna kill me when u are in istanbul... for my safe i can say YES its an exception:D

even cyprus island is in asia geographically :S

im really confused about the number of continents :S

6?

7?

5?4?3?2?

or its like a pangea :S

emre, shifting gears a little here. Istanbul can't play the 'muslim' card because Sarajevo 1984 was the FIRST city with a muslim majority to HOST an Olympics, OK so it was winter, still it was an Olympics.

So I hope any future Istanbul bid will NOT use that since it will be unfactual.

Well, Cyprus' case belongs to that little grouping of all these tiny island nations, etc., etc., (Faroe Islands, Falklands, Monaco, etc. etc.) who all have debatable allegiances', status'. I mean I don't think they're worth spending a whole morning on to discuss.

emre, shifting gears a little here. Istanbul can't play the 'muslim' card because Sarajevo 1984 was the FIRST city with a muslim majority to HOST an Olympics, OK so it was winter, still it was an Olympics.

So I hope any future Istanbul bid will NOT use that since it will be unfactual.

Well, Cyprus' case belongs to that little grouping of all these tiny island nations, etc., etc., (Faroe Islands, Falklands, Monaco, etc. etc.) who all have debatable allegiances', status'. I mean I don't think they're worth spending a whole morning on to discuss.

but the country is not mostly populated muslim... though its a block of east... means no religion :S

by the way still cannot understand why USA choose Chicago not LA ?

by the way still cannot understand why USA choose Chicago not LA ?

Uhhh, because Los Angeles has already hosted twice, & Chicago hasn't. If Rio mainly won because the "South America has never hosted" card, what in the world would have L.A. been able to use? besides, nothing. Los Angeles would've suffered the same fate Friday, if not moreso (by that I mean they would've gotten less votes), because they have hosted twice already versus Rio's (South America's) none.

Uhhh, because Los Angeles has already hosted twice, & Chicago hasn't. If Rio mainly won because the "South America has never hosted" card, what in the world would have L.A. been able to use? besides, nothing. Los Angeles would've suffered the same fate Friday, if not moreso (by that I mean they would've gotten less votes), because they have hosted twice already versus Rio's (South America's) none.

well dont know why... if u ask 3 cities from usa any one firts they will say NYC the LA

Oceania is a continent!! :lol:

You see? We can spend the whole day doing this... It's the way you learned in USA vs the way I learned in Brazil... Who is right?

Doesn't matter! Just don't assume the whole world is like USA... ;)

A continent is a LAND MASS, and if schools in Brazil are teaching that Oceania is a continent, then that explains a few things.

continent

1 |ˈkäntn-ənt; ˈkäntnənt|

noun

any of the world's main continuous expanses of land (Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America).

• (also the Continent) the mainland of Europe as distinct from the British Isles.

• a mainland contrasted with islands : the maritime zone is richer in varieties of plant than the continent.

ORIGIN mid 16th cent. (denoting a continuous tract of land): from Latin terra continens ‘continuous land.’

Going back to the original intent of the thread, here is how the USOC should line up its next bid for say, 2024:

If they want spread out...

Opening Ceremony will be at the Bristol Parkway, TN, which, I believe, can sit 120,000.

Athletics - LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles

Basketball - Staples Center, LA

Sailing and triathlon - San Francisco bay

Baseball and Boxing - Yankee stadium and Madison Square Garden, New York City

Gymanstics - Georgia Dome, Atlanta

Volleyball - United Center, Chicago

Handball - Superdome, New Orleans

Beach volleyball - San Diego or Miami

Swimming - I dunno..Minneapolis

Judo - Birmingham

Table Tennis - Tulsa

football - Soldien Field, Chicago, etc., etc.

Closing will be in some other new stadium...

the Olympic Village will be in St. Louis, a new develoment...and each morning, athletes will depart from the in OV inspecially chartered jets

well, you get the drift...

let the IOC eat that!!

A continent is a LAND MASS, and if schools in Brazil are teaching that Oceania is a continent, then that explains a few things.

You are considering only the Geographical point of view and if you decide to do so, prepare to loose a continent and start calling Europe + Asia "Eurasia"...

So, tell me, Japan doesn't belong to Asia? Uk doesn't belong to Europe? Madadascar doesn't belong to Africa? Puerto Rico? Sri Lanka? Taiwan? Florida Keys? Etc, etc...

Your arrogance also explain a few things about the general world view towards your country, which is a shame, since I believe most of the americans are not narrow minded as you sound to be.

Now think whatever you want and have a nice life! ;)

You are considering only the Geographical point of view and if you decide to do so, prepare to loose a continent and start calling Europe + Asia "Eurasia"...

That's would be fine with me if the world would want to go that way, it's "Cinderella" and a few other Europeans that would have a problem with that.

"Oceania" has never been, and never will be, a continent. End of Story.

There are seven continents in the world:

Europe

Asia

Africa

North America

South America

(Unless you're a Brazilian of course, then it all depends on what's convenient for Olympic bidding :rolleyes:)

Antarctica

Australia

Este tio es tonto del capirote...

But you don't give Feheva an answer to the matter with the Islands. If UK is not Europe, then I don't get why Madrid has not been awarded last Friday.

OneTimeOnly... go back to your hometown and learn to be less arrogant, you poor newbie. Oceania is a word that includes New Zealand, Fiji and the islands of the Southern Pacific into its mainland reference: Australia. If your teachers are now telling you to call it Australia it's OK. Even you can call it Chattanooga if you want, I don't care. We, the adults, know what we're talking about.

Going back to the original intent of the thread, here is how the USOC should line up its next bid for say, 2024:

Opening Ceremony will be at the Bristol Parkway, TN, which, I believe, can sit 120,000.

Judo - Birmingham

Table Tennis - Tulsa

the Olympic Village will be in St. Louis, a new develoment...and each morning, athletes will depart from the in OV inspecially chartered jets

let the IOC eat that!!

haha i can see it now.... the Austrailan swiming team gets on the wrong plane instead of going to Minneapolis it goes to Birminghams Judo complex

Judo - Birmingham

Table Tennis - Tulsa

let the IOC eat that!!

I can't believe you forgot Alaska!!!

What about shooting? :lol:

Archived