The 4th East Asian Games is coming~!

2005logo.gif

The 4th East Asian Games will launch in Macau from 29.10.2005 to 6.11.2005. It will be the greatest event hold in the small city of Macau after the 1999 handover.

Macau located at the west of Hong Kong, a tiny city (20 km sq, population 0.4 million) who was Portuguese colony for more than 450. Similar to Hong Kong, it becomes a Special Administrative Region after 1999 handover, who enjoys very high automonus power.

The official languages of Macau are Chinese (Written: traditional Chinese; Spoken: Cantonese and Putonghua) and Portuguese. English is also very popular as from the influence of Hong Kong. As a result Portuguese will also be an official language of this East Asian Games.

In the official website there are alot of info on the game, see:

4th East Asian Games Macau 2005(English)

And an introduction video in English (versions in other languages are also avilable):

Video

I think it would be really great if The East Asian Games, South East Asian Games or Asian Game would extend to the Pacific. We don’t have a major regional games here, there is the South Pacific Games but New Zealand doesn’t compete because It would be unfair on the much smaller nations. I know Australia was invited to the Osaka 2001 games and as Pacific Nations and Australia look more to Asia in economic, cultural and sporting possibilities the more we can affiliate ourselves with Asia. Also, there tend to be quite large Asian communities in Oceanic/Pacific Nations.

I think it would be really great if The East Asian Games, South East Asian Games or Asian Game would extend to the Pacific. We don’t have a major regional games here, there is the South Pacific Games but New Zealand doesn’t compete because It would be unfair on the much smaller nations. I know Australia was invited to the Osaka 2001 games and as Pacific Nations and Australia look more to Asia in economic, cultural and sporting possibilities the more we can affiliate ourselves with Asia. Also, there tend to be quite large Asian communities in Oceanic/Pacific Nations.

I think there was a Games like that before. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. I think it was called the "Pacific Ocean Games." I believe it held its only such Games in Chile in the late 1990s before it went under. Ironically, the last such Games was supposed to be in Vancouver, but never came to be.

yup.... we (Macanese) will hold the 1st international games -- 4th Macau East Asian Games (MEAG).  Well, i am one of the volunteer of MEAG.  We are waiting and geting wishes in the MEAG.

Welcome to Macau during our game time.

Moreover, we will hold the 1st Portugese NOCs Olympic Games (MPOC) and the the 2nd Asian Indoor Games (MAIG) in 2006 and 2007 respectively.

Wow......The Great Peral River delta region will host several international games in the upcoimg years:

Macau 4th East Asian Games 2005

Hongkong 5th East Asian Games 2009

Guangzhou/Canton 16th ASIAN Games 2010

Shenzhen 2011 Summer Universiade (bidding)

Wow......The Great Peral River delta region will host several international games in the upcoimg years:

Macau 4th East Asian Games 2005

Hongkong 5th East Asian Games 2009

Guangzhou/Canton 16th ASIAN Games 2010

Shenzhen 2011 Summer Universiade (bidding)

Don't forget that HK may get to host the equestrian events for Beijing 2008.

Archived