Tri-Nations rugby league

38-12 is a full-time score at the Galpharm Stadium and it means the calculators will need to be at the ready next Saturday when we face the Kangaroos in Hull.

Great Britain need to beat Australia by three points or more on the night to reach the Elland Road final. New Zealand will play in the final in two weeks time unless the Lions beat the Aussies by nine points or more. What a night it's going to be at the magnificent KC Stadium.

:) Seeeeeeeee.

Great Britian 38

New Zealand 12

And just to think a few days ago, arwebb, you were writing yourselves off.

Shame on you.

As a punishment, arwebb, you must down a six pack of Boddingtons in one go!!

:angry:Do It!....NOW!!!

:D Hik! :D

:) Seeeeeeeee.

Great Britian 38

New Zealand 12

And just to think a few days ago, arwebb, you were writing yourselves off.

Shame on you.

As a punishment, arwebb, you must down a six pack of Boddingtons in one go!!

:angry:Do It!....NOW!!!

:D Hik! :D

Except it was all part of a cunning plan. You see, if I predict something, the exact opposite invariably happens, e.g. the Lions in the summer.

So, I'll just enjoy a couple of celebratory John Smiths, thank you very much.

Except it was all part of a cunning plan. You see, if I predict something, the exact opposite invariably happens, e.g. the Lions in the summer.

:D Ha! that happens to me as well...

p.s what's John Smiths, a beer or something more hard, and is it exported, so I can find it?

:D Ha! that happens to me as well...

p.s what's John Smiths, a beer or something more hard, and is it exported, so I can find it?

John Smiths is a beautiful Yorkshire bitter, the virtues of which I enjoy on a regular basis. I have no idea if it is exported, but it should be.

Awwwww!  Bless you 2, it's nice to see a friendly exchange and friendly banter between rival fans - this is how it should be!  Oh for utopia...

Steady on, Beth. I find this kind of banter regularly on my travels.

• 2 weeks later...

Good on you NZ! And congratulations. I suppose that starts the payback for Oz supporting Japan for 2011!

I'm actually quite pleased the Aussies got whipped! It's a great reesult for the code! About time a spark of life was breathed into international Rugby League _ no sport can prosper if a single country dominates it too long.

And hopefully this is a kick in the arse for the Kangaroos. Overpaid, overconfident, treating the tour as a long end-of-season overseas party. They got what was coming to them!

Hmmm. Not a good year for Australia in any of the traditional sports it is so strong in _ first Cricket, then Rugby Union and now League ...  Maybe now they've got some incentive to pull their socks up and come out fighting.

It sure makes a change to see the Kangaroos getting tonked.

It sure makes a change to see NZ beating Australia in a league series.

This is just the positive boost NZL needed as the ARL Warriors struggle once again to perform.  The'res hope for the code yet in an over excited Rugby Union nation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived