Tri-Nations rugby league

What a start to the 2005 Tri-Nations on Saturday as New Zealand beat Australia in Sydney for the first time in almost 50 years. A magnificent test match to start what promises to be a very close series.

I'm certainly not writing the Kiwis off after that show, but something tells me the Kangaroos have got a lot more to come. As for Great Britain, I don't think our squad is as strong as last year, but there's no reason why we can't win it.

As last year, the final is at Elland Road, Leeds on November 26.

:D It's great we got one over our Aussie brethern, BUT we know they will come back thrice as strong this Friday in Auckland.  Ouch! we will say as we are thumped back down to Earth.

I'm actually quite pleased whwnever the Kangaroos lose one _ it's good for the game!

The Aussies often tend to lose their opening internationals, especially when it's first up after the regular premiership season when most of them are still making up for lost time and knocking back the booze like there's no tomorrow!

:( Australia 28  

New Zealand 26

Sooooo close, yet so far away!

Weather was crap, the attendance was crap, the game was not too bad.

Off to England tomorrow. :)

Interesting that New Zealander Glen Black takes charge of tonight's game and even he's uneasy about it.

Black uneasy refereeing GB-Kiwis

I'm not that bothered yet. He did a good job refereeing our games with Australia last year and, if he's onto something about Australian unease, I can't understand what the Kangaroos are getting at.

New Zealand, in the end, run out winners 42-26. Another absolute belter of a Test match, but Great Britain now know they will have to play a lot better than this to do anything in this tournament. They showed in that spell just after the break that they have the ability to do so, but they have to do it for 80 minutes, starting against Australia in Wigan next Saturday night.

New Zealand, in the end, run out winners 42-26. Another absolute belter of a Test match, but Great Britain now know they will have to play a lot better than this to do anything in this tournament. They showed in that spell just after the break that they have the ability to do so, but they have to do it for 80 minutes, starting against Australia in Wigan next Saturday night.

:) Ouch!

Now you can see what New Zealand can do...

Just wait and see what Australia WILL do!

:cool:

Brian Noble has named Great Britain's starting XIII for Saturday's game with Australia in Wigan. Some interesting changes, the most significant one being the decision to start with Iestyn Harris at half-back instead of Kevin Sinfield, who reverts to his natural position of loose-forward. Hopefully, we will now have a bit more cutting edge at half-back than we did last week.

In the pack, Adrian Morley starts at prop with captain Jamie Peacock moving to the second row. The replacements have yet to be confirmed.

:( A gutsy performance from GB, still Australia always has a last twenty minutes of reserve power to call on...and win.

Trust us Kiwis, we've experienced it many times before.

??? writing yourselves off so soon arwebb?

...That's not like you!

Anyway if the Lions can play the way they did last week, they will give the Kiwis a real good scare.

Archived