Don't Expect A 2nd Effort From Chicago Anytime Soon

I meant the US broadcasters might not be willing to pay the same money.

Unlikely I know.

Naaah. US rights for the Games have mushroomed from what $50,000 for Rome 1960 to over $2 billion up to Vancouver. It doesn't matter where they are held. But prices will stay up only as long as US athletes continue to do well. If we start losing medals, THEN TV ratings will dip and so will TV rights...but not before then.

If USOC finally decides to bid again for 2020, I wouldn't sugget to switch again the city bidding. If it's Chicago... ok, then Chicago until the end. I stated somewhere here that I reckon that the IOC doesn't like very much to have every four years a different American city bidding.

Anyway, I agree that USA should not bid for 2020 and have a break. Spain too.

I agree. I think Chicago really has the best US venue options to host the summer games. Depending on the other cities vying for 2020, and assuming the USOC can straighten things out with the IOC, Chicago would likely have a very good chance at winning. (yea we all thought that this time too though :lol: ) But really, I don't see Chicagoans supporting another Olympic bid anytime soon, at least not when Daley is the mayor. Which is sort of unfortunate because I actually like Daley, but his days are numbered.

Archived