The Winnnes Is... Riooo!

Madrid's bid seemed to be excellent. Rio's appeal and our delegation's "tête-a-tête" talking made the difference.

The city gave me such a good impression (and the entire Spain as well), and, as the 2020 Games apparently will come back to Europe, maybe that is Madrid's turn. Cities like Rome and, who knows, maybe St Petersburg or Warsaw may bid too, but the Spanish capital for sure will make good use of these two experiences. Just like Rio! Now, the city is one of the strongest possibilities. We will see, in 2013, if they will grab that chance. I think they should.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope IOC allows Rio to do a torch relay in the entire South America, passing through Buenos Aires, Macchu Picchu, Santiago...

IOC, lets celebrate olympism south-american way!

I hope IOC allows Rio to do a torch relay in the entire South America, passing through Buenos Aires, Macchu Picchu, Santiago...

Dannyel you were a great member hete. Played very well in a fair way. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!!!!

So will be good years in the way to world cup here in Recife and for Rio 2016. ^

I'd like to see the torch passing throught my town, and go to Rio better.

Dannyel you were a great member hete. Played very well in a fair way. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!!!!

So will be good years in the way to world cup here in Recife and for Rio 2016. ^

Thank you. I've made some bad statements, fought useless people, comitted gaffes, but I've tried to show people that Brazil is changing. We not that Brazil of the 80s... The change is not faster as we wish, but Brazil is becoming a better place to live. Olympic games can boost this, and now it will

We are the champions, my friend.

We defeated the biggest economic and military power,

We defeated the most high-tech country in the world, the second economic power,

We defeated one of the major European countries, that is a reference for the world in many things.

We made it! Brazil is definitively in the world map of the relevant countries!

i am Turkish and i just got my tears in eyes when Jacque Rogge saidt that Rio was chosen to host 2016 Olympic Games, i believe it will be the best Olympic Gaems in the history of Olympics. I am just so happy i can't tell you right now, i want to live that passion for Istanbul before i die (ala Samaranch)

I didn't know China was in the running.

Well, I guess I'm a few years early on that.

Just a few!

But Congrats to Rio. Your bid presentation was terrible, but it just shows that most of the IOC minds were made up before then!

Just a few!

But Congrats to Rio. Your bid presentation was terrible, but it just shows that most of the IOC minds were made up before then!

I don't think It was bad at all, the videos really brought some emotion. But some won't just give up on the criticism ehhh who cares it's over nyways haha

Thank you IOC. The Olympic movement is the big winner today. South America is on the map of the Olympics now. I'm thrilled, as never before in my life.

I am Caio, a brazilian boy of Rio de Janeiro City.

Thank you IOC.

See you in 20!6 in Rio, The Marvelous City!

Rio.jpg

I don't think It was bad at all, the videos really brought some emotion. But some won't just give up on the criticism ehhh who cares it's over nyways haha

The final video was brilliant but they were let down by some of the speakers.

Yes it is criticism but nothing is perfect and that was Rio's weak point. It doesn't matter now as we are on the countdown to 2016!

The final video was brilliant but they were let down by some of the speakers.

Yes it is criticism but nothing is perfect and that was Rio's weak point. It doesn't matter now as we are on the countdown to 2016!

The presentations can make all the difference in a tight race ... like 2012's. But as we saw from the final tally's, this was never a tight race.

Just don't go bankrupt putting on these 2 shows. ;)

Did you watched what Brazilian Fed said??? (Not about the oil, which was silly)

Olympic games costs (with this huge amount of USD 14 bn) costs less than 1% Brazilian GDP and Brazil should be the 5th biggest economy by 2016...

BTW, where is Pereira the Piranha??? Is he celebrating??? :P

Archived