Chicago Out: So Much For The Gamesbids Bid Index

It's an index which predicts which team will win, and it supposedly takes into account non-rational factors, moods, IOC tendencies, etc.

It has failed miserably here. Therefore, it is not worth paying attention to any longer.

It's about as unscientific of a predictor as you can formulate.

Rio is top in Bidindex, or had you not noticed that?
Then you better hope that Rio wins.

The point is that Chicago was rates extremely closely to Rio and in 2nd place. That was WAY off. I understand that no index can predict a winner, but if that's the case, you would hope that it's close. And if it's not close, then why bother with it.

Chicago was first out, but for all you know it may have almost been a four way split in the first round. You're judging this way too early. If the voting numbers prove to be very close (as bidindex's are) and the winner is Rio (as bidindex predicts) then I'll be congratulating this site. Wait before you judge.

Wait before you judge.

So in the end BidIndex was wrong on the placement of 3 of the 4 bidding cities.

• Indicated Chicago and Rio were the top two contenders. (wrong).
  • Indicated Madrid was least favoured. (wrong).

...not very reliable.

And now that's I've seen the final results - its was in fact almost completely inaccurate! Chicago's (embarrassing) 18 votes means that if BidIndex was close to being accurate, it would have place Chicago a distant 4th. Wow - totally messed up.

Archived