The Rio De Janeiro Presentation

I just read from "Helsingin Sanomat", the biggest and the most important newspaper in Finland, that with their presentation Rio is now the absolut favorite to win this evening.

The atricle said that Rio's presentation was emotional and relaxed and explained very well why Rio deserves the Games.

"Helsingin Sanomat" said that Chicago instead failed their presentation saying it was "boring and too burocratic".

Not only this newspaper, but it is all over... just here that people tend to hate Rio, as usual ;)

Let's see in the voting session

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugger. I wish I'd seen it. It's funny how views seem so divergent here.

It's not on YouTube or anywhere yet already, is it?

Though from what I've heard, sounds like the played they "It's South Americas Time" card a bit too hard - yeah, it's always great to lecture those you're begging from!

Though from what I've heard, sounds like the played they "It's South Americas Time" card a bit too hard - yeah, it's always great to lecture those you're begging from!

They definitely played it to hard and having the head of the reserve bank of brazil harking on for 10 minutes was hopeless as well!

INTERNATIONAL media are putting Rio ahead...

as we say in Brazil, o Rio passou a perna nos outros...

Everybody expected carnival, samba, beaches and mountains and then Rio presented, at least, in the second half a lot of information about what really matters: organization of Olympic Games, guarantees, funding, how to solve problems and weakness...

For those who said Rio would play the emotional thing here... The final impression is that only Rio proposed solutions for its bids while other made marketing...

In the first time Rio made a lot of South America first time, showing a world map with previous hosting and go on...

Lula defended the South America first time with good and bad arguments...

It gave margin for many interpretations...

INTERNATIONAL media are putting Rio ahead...

as we say in Brazil, o Rio passou a perna nos outros...

Everybody expected carnival, samba, beaches and mountains and then Rio presented, at least, in the second half a lot of information about what really matters: organization of Olympic Games, guarantees, funding, how to solve problems and weakness...

For those who said Rio would play the emotional thing here... The final impression is that only Rio proposed solutions for its bids while other made marketing...

THE SURPRISE FACTOR IS GOING TO BE A GOOD THING FOR RIO!

Yes, we can (have technical excellence as well!)

Yeah, that seems to be the other point of view I'm picking up here. If that's so, it may have been boring, but maybe smart to address all the chief concerns head-on. Rio's played the emotion and passion card all the way - and well - up to now. It maybe wasn't as necessary any more to do so now.

Yeah ... what's this about oil fields? What were they trying to say about them. Was it something about the Brazilian economy, or environment or what? I don't get it?

They were saying that Brazils oil reserves are good for the economy. The funny thing is that 10 minutes later they were talking about the green games :)

Yeah ... what's this about oil fields? What were they trying to say about them. Was it something about the Brazilian economy, or environment or what? I don't get it?
about the economy and with brazil recently finding oil deposits of its coasts.

Archived