The Rio De Janeiro Presentation

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to hear what they have to offer. I wouldn't be surprised, if that Christ statue that made the city famous would be in one of the video presentations here.

Guest Bauler

Rio will try to bring the social spirit of the games!

something like:

we need this, give it to us!

And focuses on the south america issue, that never hosted a game before!

40 minutes to go - lets see what those wacky Brazilians have up thier sleeves.

The puppy score -

PRESENTATION

Chicago - very good 8/10

Tokyo - hilarious 9/10

Q&A

Chicago - 7/10

Tokyo - 4/10

PRINCE ALBERT STUPID-QUESTION-OMETER

Chicago - 7/10

Tokyo - 9/10

I like that Prince Albert one there. :P:lol:

I've gotta head out to dinner soon - I'll miss this one (and probably Madrid's). Guess I'll catch up on the action in the threads later.

Se you all well in time for the decision.

Don't forget that the final report from that former Moroccan athlete will be presented, before the voting begins.

40 minutes to go - lets see what those wacky Brazilians have up thier sleeves.

The puppy score -

PRESENTATION

Chicago - very good 8/10

Tokyo - hilarious 9/10

Q&A

Chicago - 7/10

Tokyo - 4/10

PRINCE ALBERT STUPID-QUESTION-OMETER

Chicago - 7/10

Tokyo - 9/10

Hahaha nice one. I totally agree with your assessment as well.

If I were in charge of the Rio presentation, I'd focus a lot on the transformative power hosting the Olympics would have on the city and the country...like the impact on Tokyo and Japan in the 1960s and Barcelona in the 1990s and Beijing and China in this decade. The "we deserve it" argument isn't going to win them over. But the "OMG, IOC...you are going to be part of Brazil's future" is.

If I were in charge of the Rio presentation, I'd focus a lot on the transformative power hosting the Olympics would have on the city and the country...like the impact on Tokyo and Japan in the 1960s and Barcelona in the 1990s and Beijing and China in this decade. The "we deserve it" argument isn't going to win them over. But the "OMG, IOC...you are going to be part of Brazil's future" is.

I agree with this statement. Besides, South America hasn't hosted the Olympic Games yet. But, I kind of fear what questions those IOC members are going to ask the bid team, after the presentation is over.

I'll be very keen to hear how more empasis will be put on that.

That map without south american host is expected to be shown, on my opinion, since it made a lot of success in previous presentations...

Archived