The 2022 Commonwealth Games Competition

Just to confirm we have bids from -

Accra GHANA

Cardiff WALES

Gold Coast AUSTRALIA (bid book received)

Halifax CANADA

Islamabad PAKISTAN (bid book received)

Liverpool UNITED KINGDOM

Perth AUSTRALIA

Singapore SINGAPORE

Toronto CANADA

Valetta MALTA

We seem to setting a good pace here :)

What I will do is wait until all bids are in and I have completed the report before releasing the bid books. That way we should get a good cross section of qualities and content.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You sure can - just get to it!

I dont know how to convert a photoshop file cormiermac - you'll have to figure that one out as I dont know if I can post a photoshop doc online.

The Gold Coast 2022 bidbook has been received. I have also completed my Islamabad book.

I'm not sure if this is correct but regarding photoshop can you not just save the file in a format that will open up in word. i.e. save as a file compatible with microsoft word. Or can the document not be exported and opened in word.

CAF - no worries - take your time or send it through - I can do a grammar check.

As for photoshop I have had no experience with it - you are your own with that one.

Cormiermac - I don't think any one else has had issues emailing - my gmail works fine. You may need to fins a way to post it directly online.

All good Aaron.

Oakydoky - I'm going to have ask you to change the cgf logo back to it's original colours - they don't actually allow applicants or candidate cities to adjust their logo - nor do the IOC on the 'block' or 'master' logo.

CAF - I'll have to say no to sailing - we're keeping this one pretty legit so we wont add sports - just use the authorised CGF ones :)

Halifax Vol 2 and Perth have been received.

Thus we have confirmed bids from -

Accra GHANA

Cardiff WALES

Halifax CANADA (bid book received)

Liverpool UNITED KINGDOM

Perth AUSTRALIA (bid book received)

Singapore SINGAPORE

Toronto CANADA

Valetta MALTA

Coolness :)

Halifax Vol 2 and Perth have been received.

Thus we have confirmed bids from -

Accra GHANA

Cardiff WALES

Halifax CANADA (bid book received)

Liverpool UNITED KINGDOM

Perth AUSTRALIA (bid book received)

Singapore SINGAPORE

Toronto CANADA

Valetta MALTA

Coolness :)

I'm excited to see what these bid books look like. This will be a good competition with a lot of solid participants (unlike some I've seen here). I wish the US were in the Commonwealth so that I could bid with Pittsburgh (Just kidding. I'm sorry George Washington.)

If there are two citys form one country bidding, will only one make the shortlist? I say this as i cannot match the 2 volume bid book by Halifax so i am wondering if i should make my bid book, as i dont want to go to all the bother as i am only doing 5 pages.

I will accept two cities from the one country - both will be judged on it's merits - not its locale.

Don't be scared off by the Halifax 2 volume thing - volume 1 is 7 pages - of which 4 actually have info - the rest is maps and images, volume two is just 8 additional pages of venue stuff - you could fit that in your 5 page submission as most of it is pictures anyway :)

EVERYONE - REMEMBER TO LET ME KNOW WHICH DATES YOU ARE PLANNING ON STAGING THE GAMES -

Three windows are available for hosting depending on the geographical location of the bid city -

Between February 15 -March 31

Between June 15 - August 15

Between October 10 - November 10

Gold Coast bid - you did not give me dates - please post your preferred dates.

I will accept two cities from the one country - both will be judged on it's merits - not its locale.

Don't be scared off by the Halifax 2 volume thing - volume 1 is 7 pages - of which 4 actually have info - the rest is maps and images, volume two is just 8 additional pages of venue stuff - you could fit that in your 5 page submission as most of it is pictures anyway :)

EVERYONE - REMEMBER TO LET ME KNOW WHICH DATES YOU ARE PLANNING ON STAGING THE GAMES -

Three windows are available for hosting depending on the geographical location of the bid city -

Between February 15 -March 31

Between June 15 - August 15

Between October 10 - November 10

Gold Coast bid - you did not give me dates - please post your preferred dates.

Wow! I can't believe I forgot that! The dates would be June 17th - June 29th. Would It be OK if i re-subbmitted a revised book with this info added?

Archived