Rio 2016. We Dream Together. Thank You!

Epic victory!!! Thank for everyone who support Rio since the beggining. All of members here in GB that support our bid. THANKG YOU. All brazilian members that have played here againt all bad thing that they have told here Thank you. This is a victory for all dreamers around the world To everyone that never give up and believe deeply in the dreams.

Rio open the arms the get the olympic family and every sporstfans in 2016. Come to Rio to live your passion in 20!6.

Olimpiadas no Brasil, JÁ É!!!

Thank you for all GB members, those that believed and those that criticized. The critics (the constructive ones) should be taken seriously since Brazil wants to make the best Olympic Games ever.

Thank you guys for the congratulations mensages either!

VAI BRASIL!!!

Congratulations to Rio de Janeiro!

Yes an "Olympic white dot" on the world map will be gone in 2016 - and that's is a good thing!!!

Rio was always my heart choice and therewith I don't want to speak about "Lula" anymore and focus in future on the plans for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.

I wonder if there will be changes in the venue plans in the next seven years? Will the venues be built like they were shown in the bid book? Will the organisation team improve the plans for transportation between the four cluster resp. to the cluster?

I am a huge fan of metros - do we will see an enlargement of the metro-system in Rio?

Congratulation Rio de Janeiro!

And thanks to everyone. I feel very happy to see how much support they got from people all over the planet. One can really see "passion unites us".

Well done to Chicago, Tokyo and Madrid. They did an excellent job and would have deserved the games.

But I'm happy Rio won. Yesterday was a memorable day for me due to personal reasons (ok, I finished my thesis, there, said it:) and to see their victory was very pleasing too. When I went out to celebrate with my mates from uni, I thought about people celebrating in Rio. Not quite the same, though ;)

I wasn't in London when we got 2012 but I remember it was very exciting for the whole country. I'm sure the whole of South America is proud now.

Anyway, lots of responsibilities for our countries. Time to work hard.

It'll be great to have some bossa-nova/samba rhythms in our closing ceremony.

Wow, Vancouver, London, Rio de Janeiro...

[PS: Did anyone see yesterday's Newsnight?]

Archived