Madrid 2016 Official: Rio Has Worst Olympics Bid

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are tight rules on these things which Madrid has broken

Some said rules exists to be broken...

Will Madrid be punished??? I dare...

GB Forums have a lot of rules too, Will moderators ban some premium members??? I double dare!!!

Out of the 4 cities Rio has the weakest bid although it is still deemed good enough. Madrid has technically the safest bid by virtue of the fact 77% of venues are built or under construction.

Oaky, your opinion doesn't matter.

Read this:

http://multimedia.olympic.org/pdf/en_report_1469.pdf

Danny, I believe folks are not getting what you mean. Sometimes this kind of joke just doesn't stick, since they are either playing too low to understand it or too intellectual to care about it *winks*

As a silent reader so far, and an enthusiastic supporter of Rio 2016, it was time to step up and say: GO RIO!

Either Rio wins (fingers crossed!!!) or loses, it will still be the 'Wonderful City' and the nicest place for every one of you folks to come and visit.

So chill out, grab a beer, sit back on the couch and wait for the announcement!

Best regards,

Patsy

Oaky, your opinion doesn't matter.

Read this:

http://multimedia.olympic.org/pdf/en_report_1469.pdf

When did I say it did - your opinion certainly carries no weight either!

Anyway, this is a public forum for people to express their views. It is a FACT that Madrid has 77% of it's venues built and that Rio's bid is the weakest technically.

I'm not reading oaky's post since he is in my ignore list for a week, but may I guess what is he saying???

Rio - weakest bid technically

Madrid - 80% venues done

I hope I'm right or Oaky will have a fair argument against me (which I will not read...)

I'm not reading oaky's post since he is in my ignore list for a week, but may I guess what is he saying???

Madrid - 80% venues done

I hope I'm right or Oaky will have a fair argument against me (which I will not read...)

No, Danny, Oaky is saying that the Rio bid is full of fags while the Madrid bid is run by machos!! That's what's on his post.

Madrid - 80% venues done

Incorrect Danny - I said Madrid had 77% of it's venues complete or underway!

From the summaries of IOC Evalucation Comission report:

About Rio: Recognising that it faces public safety challenges, the City of Rio has taken a new approach with regard to local policing which engages the community in a range of social and sports programmes, already showing positive results.

While hosting the 2014 FIFA World Cup will accelerate infrastructure delivery and provide valuable organisational experience, it also represents a challenge with respect to 2016 Games marketing and communications strategies.

Documentation and presentations provided to the Commission by the key organisations involved in the bid were detailed and of a very high quality.

About Madrid: However, the Candidature File and supporting documentation, as well as the administrative structure proposed for a

Madrid 2016 Games, did not demonstrate a full understanding of the need for clear delineation of roles and responsibilities,

including financial, between different stakeholders to ensure an efficient and timely transition to the OCOG, or of the management

of operations required to implement the Games vision, concept and plans. Given the current complexity and magnitude

of delivering a major multi-sports event such as the Olympic Games, this could result in organisational and

financial challenges.

At the time of the visit, it was unclear whether Spanish antidoping legislation complied with the WADA code. It is important that this issue is resolved.

Documentation and presentations provided to the Commission by the key organisations involved in the bid varied in quality.

So, how in the WORLD you can say, Oaky, that Rio's Bid is the weakes and Madrid the best? Go to bed. It's time for kids to leave the room and leave adults alone to talk, ok?

Wow, what a post, Patsy...

I think I will unblock Oaky to see his answer:

But... Madrid have 80% of the venues done and Rio is still worst bid technically because it's place above Equator line...

One day I will be able to talk everything I want in English, Patsy...

From the summaries of IOC Evalucation Comission report:

About Rio: Recognising that it faces public safety challenges, the City of Rio has taken a new approach with regard to local policing which engages the community in a range of social and sports programmes, already showing positive results.

While hosting the 2014 FIFA World Cup will accelerate infrastructure delivery and provide valuable organisational experience, it also represents a challenge with respect to 2016 Games marketing and communications strategies.

Documentation and presentations provided to the Commission by the key organisations involved in the bid were detailed and of a very high quality.

About Madrid: However, the Candidature File and supporting documentation, as well as the administrative structure proposed for a

Madrid 2016 Games, did not demonstrate a full understanding of the need for clear delineation of roles and responsibilities,

including financial, between different stakeholders to ensure an efficient and timely transition to the OCOG, or of the management

of operations required to implement the Games vision, concept and plans. Given the current complexity and magnitude

of delivering a major multi-sports event such as the Olympic Games, this could result in organisational and

financial challenges.

At the time of the visit, it was unclear whether Spanish antidoping legislation complied with the WADA code. It is important that this issue is resolved.

Documentation and presentations provided to the Commission by the key organisations involved in the bid varied in quality.

So, how in the WORLD you can say, Oaky, that Rio's Bid is the weakes and Madrid the best? Go to bed. It's time for kids to leave the room and leave adults alone to talk, ok?

I can say Madrid has the best technical bid and indeed safest as the IOC has expressed this sentiment when they awarded Madrid the highest technical score for it's bid.

Further, Madrid has 77% of it's venues complete or underway - that is more than any of the other cities!

P.S. Patsy, please actually read people's word's before you decide to quote on them!

I can say Madrid has the best technical bid and indeed safest as the IOC has expressed this sentiment when they awarded Madrid the highest technical score for it's bid.

Further, Madrid has 77% of it's venues complete or underway - that is more than any of the other cities!

P.S. Patsy, please actually read people's word's before you decide to quote on them!

LOL!!!! I was right!!!!

Sorry Oaky you are a broken vinyl....

Archived