I Support Sao Paulo 2020

And Sao Paulo is the only city in Latin America that has a direct flight to Dubai - daily.

I really hope, though that Fly Emirates increase its presence in South America in a near future.

Rio is the only city in Latin America that has a direct flight to Luanda, Angola...

Well... In this Sao Paulo won Rio... LOL Dubai is way important than Luanda.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exception for useless ESPN Brasil.

For me, this is the only TV network in Brazil that really cares about the development of sports in Brazil as a social tool.

I agree that sometimes they tend to be a little bit too radical... I see their criticism as very constructive.

Also don't forget that the boss of the network in Brazil is from rio.

Any mature society needs several points of view, even if, in your eyes, they are useless. For me, it's very good for a society to have dabates.

I will not discuss ESPN Brasil.

They made aggressive critics on Rio and its population in the past.

They lost my respect. They are full-bairrista and I have colleagues that work there that tells me these things.

José Trajano is carioca, but it seems to have changed his "nationality" to Sao Paulo.

I'm ashamed of him. America's supporters should be ashamed of him too.

I will not discuss ESPN Brasil.

They made aggressive critics on Rio and its population in the past.

They lost my respect. They are full-bairrista and I have colleagues that work there that tells me these things.

José Trajano is carioca, but it seems to have changed his "nationality" to Sao Paulo.

I'm ashamed of him. America's supporters should be ashamed of him too.

It seems you are already discussing ESPN Brasil... :P

Perhaps they are too agressive sometimes, but you can't jugde them based on a single matter (Rio 2016) and point of view and dismiss ALL the rest.

Is it "8 or 80" as we say?

I believe they are by far more worried with the development of sport in Brazil than Globo (SportTV) or Record, for example. They have honest concerns, but they might fall in the trap of rivalry between SP and RIO sometimes. However there are times they sey the truth about the situation of the football clubs from Rio. In general the clubs in São Paulo are in a better management state than the clubs from Rio. I'm corinthiano and I remember during the Dualib times, they were the only ones to have courage to tell the truth. Did you see anything in Globo or Record before the MSI scandals? They also tell the truth about Ricardo Teixeira as they did with Eurico Miranda...

José Trajano says EXACTLY what he thinks, there's no hidden agenda... You can agree or not with what he says, but it's not a good reason to be ashamed of him.

I don't agree with all he says, but I respect his opinion... I have no idea why the America's supporters should be ashamed of him if it's pretty obvious he's been trully concerned about the clubs decadence...

Don't be too radical with people's opinios! ;)

Brazil is the country of soccer, samba, sun, carnival, beaches, Christ the Redeemer, mountains, forests, natural beauty... Rio is the capital of the samba and carnival... Maracanã (temple of brazilian soccer) is in Rio, Christ Statue is in Rio, Rio have the most iconic beaches of Brazil, the most iconic mountains, natural beauty... Rio is the city of sun ... Rio is the synthesis of Brazil. Rio is the heart of Brazil. Sao Paulo is only the Finantial center. For this reason, Rio will be the heart of the World Cup 2014 (capital of the World Cup, most important city of the event) and the first Brazilian city hosting the Olympics.

The main cultural and geographic elements of Brazil are directly related to Rio, the heart of the country.

Earth Times, 03 Oct 2009 News After Rio Win

Copenhagen- Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva stood at the front of the delegation about to delivery Rio de Janeiro's merits as a potential Olympic host and suddenly found himself breaking into song with his compatriots. Brazil's tropical heart beat to the rhythm of Rio's anthem, Cidade Maravilhosa (Marvelous City), in chilly Denmark: "Marvellous city, full of a thousand charms. Marvellous city, the heart of my Brazil."

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/28...y--feature.html

;)

Man, there are people that is simply don't talking to me because Rio won.

These people are completely ignorant. If they are like that they don´t deserve your friendship. Don´t worry about them, they´re just dumb.

I was kidding at twitter yesterday saying I'm searching some paulista that TRULY is happy with Rio victory. 5 days and I didn't see one.

What a pity. All people around me, including friends, family and work partners, reacted positively to Rio´s victory. Maybe I know more people than you.... :lol::lol: . Ok. That was a bad joke.

I don´t have any "virtual" friends on internet. All my contacts on orkut, twitter or email are people that I know face-to-face. For now, I didn´t notice any of them reacting like that.

Rio is the heart of Brazil. Sao Paulo is only the Finantial center.

:blink:

It's good to be passionate about your own city!

I think several people here are traying to say that Rio and São Paulo are completely different cities and both are important in their way.

I'm sorry, but sounds very silly to state that São Paulo in only the finantial centre as it is not important at all...

Being the finantial centre is not very compelling for sports events, but for most of all the other aspects is determinant. Get over it as much as people from São Paulo needs to get over that Rio is prettier and more iconic to the world's eyes.

It's sad, I try to be very impartial, but I'm starting to be really fed up with the arrogance coming from some people who don't contribute nothing to a constructive discussion. It's been harder and harder to ignore it...

Had to say! Sorry! <_<

What a pity. All people around me, including friends, family and work partners, reacted positively to Rio´s victory.

My mother is also very happy about it...

I'm happy with the opportunity, but also very pragmatic about the realization...

Rio is the only city in Latin America that has a direct flight to Luanda, Angola...

Well... In this Sao Paulo won Rio... LOL Dubai is way important than Luanda.

Not that much. Angola and Brazil are increasing economic ties. Many angolans come to Brazil all over the year for business and shopping. South Africa Airways operates daily flights from Sao Paulo to Luanda, but with a stop in either Rio de Janeiro or Johannesburg.

I'm happy with the opportunity, but also very pragmatic about the realization...

This is a GOLDEN opportunity for both Rio and Brazil. A chance to show the world that we´re serious as a country and we are able to do anything a big country can. We can make elaborated planning and executions.

But... if the politicians mess this... if we repeat the same mistakes of the Pan Am Games.... this can be a disaster.

Hosting the WC and OG so close one to another is a risk, even for a rich country. Or it will be very, very good for Brazil or a completely dissapointment.

We have, though, everything that in necessary. We have the money, we have the means, we have the people and the right places. We just have to work seriously. People work seriously, let´s see if our government corresponds to that.

Rogerio, I found it...

The driver that takes me from the Jabaquara station until the company I work was proud of Rio. He told me he cried when Rio won and he is paulistano.

About, people, I work in a big company plenty of people. When I get there today, there was a paper on a board in the wall with Rio 2016 logo. People putted a paper over the logo written: "Vagabonds 2016"...

Sorry, Rogerio and Feheva, the majority of paulistas are not happy with Rio...

BTW, where is Ibirapuera (idiot) and his fireworks to celebrate Rio loss???

PS: In Santos, where I live, many people got happy...

I never got mad about things people say about Rio de Janeiro soccer clubs... I really don't care, since I support Santos FC (I've told here once before, my father's family is from Santos).

I have some good mood with Flamengo, but I don't get sad when Flamengo loses, for example.

Rio de Janeiro clubs are not a example of organization and I don't care what Paulista media say about it.

But nobody can deny that Rio de Janeiro gave to the world better players than Sao Paulo.... Garrincha, Romario, Ronaldo, Zagallo, Gerson, Zico....

I never got mad about things people say about Rio de Janeiro soccer clubs... I really don't care, since I support Santos FC (I've told here once before, my father's family is from Santos).

I have some good mood with Flamengo, but I don't get sad when Flamengo loses, for example.

Rio de Janeiro clubs are not a example of organization and I don't care what Paulista media say about it.

But nobody can deny that Rio de Janeiro gave to the world better players than Sao Paulo.... Garrincha, Romario, Ronaldo, Zagallo, Gerson, Zico....

Basicaly you despite ESPN brasil because they are against the SOG in Brazil, then?

Garrincha was born in Pau Grande and Gerson in Niterói, so you have Romário, Ronaldo e Zico.

Very good, but how important is it?

Considering the city, you got a point here. On the other side clubs from Sao Paulo has a larger number of national and international titles. 14 national championships, 4 national cups, 4 Libertadores and 4 world championships won by paulistanos (not counting Santos and Guarani, which are from other cities).

About football both cities are on par.

:blink:

It's good to be passionate about your own city!

(...)

It's sad, I try to be very impartial, but I'm starting to be really fed up with the arrogance coming from some people who don't contribute nothing to a constructive discussion. It's been harder and harder to ignore it...

Had to say! Sorry! <_<

Yes... sometimes things border the arrogance here.

It´s funny, but it seems that some cariocas need some kind of permanent reaffirmation, it´s a kind of attitude like : " hey! Look at us! We need your attention! Look what we got! I have this and that and you don´t! " kind of thing. For me it´s a childish/foolish attitude.

I stated here many times that Rio is our most famous and simbolistic city, we all agree with that, but saying that Rio itself is the "very center" of Brazil, ignoring the rest of the country is too much of arrogance and ignorance.

I really would like to know what people from the others regions think about that. Think about the Northeast, with cities like Salvador, Natal, Sao Luis and Joao Pessoa that are plenty of historic places that remote to the very beggining of our country, and they have some of the most enchanting beaches and summer resorts in Brazil. Now think about the north: the cities that lie in the Amazon basin share the most exuberant forest of the world and an unique culture and way of life. The central region has a natural complex that starts at the Pantanal wetlands and end at the wonderful Iguaçu Falls, with so much to explore and to discover. We still have the rich Southeast inlands, the cold and classy South......

Brazil is so huge and so diverse that you can´t say that a single city may represent all that this country has to offer. It´s like thinking that the USA has only about Los Angeles, or that China is only about Beijing.

Rio is the perfect city for stagin the OG in Brazil, and while it´s true that the country must concentrate a great part of its investiment in this city for the next years, it doesn´t mean, in any way, that everything that is done in Brazil is just for or around Rio. There´s plenty of life all over the country.

Feheva, you seems to be a good guy...

Don't play Braz here...

Pau Grande and Niteroi, Rio de Janeito state.

Haaaa... Bauru, São Paulo state... ;)

Don't forget that São Paulo is the place of the birth of Brazilian Football with Charles Miller...

Oh well... This is a useless discussion... Ok! Fine! Rio's the best ever!

Yeah, uselles discussion...

No, Sao Paulo is the best ever! LOL

I think we shoud discuss Sao Paulo as host city for World Cup and soccer in Rio 2016.

This is a valid discussion that worths a thread?

What do you think my fellows paulistas?

Feheva, you seems to be a good guy...

Don't play Braz here...

Pau Grande and Niteroi, Rio de Janeito state.

And to make justice to some of the other states:

Zagallo - Alagoas

Tostão - Minas Gerais

Falcão - Santa Catarina

Everaldo - Rio Grande do Sul

Clodoaldo - Sergipe

Vavá - Pernambuco

Sócrates - Pará

Etc...

Yeah, uselles discussion...

No, Sao Paulo is the best ever! LOL

I think we shoud discuss Sao Paulo as host city for World Cup and soccer in Rio 2016.

This is a valid discussion that worths a thread?

What do you think my fellows paulistas?

There's a thread in "Other International Games"

Link

Yes... sometimes things border the arrogance here.

It´s funny, but it seems that some cariocas need some kind of permanent reaffirmation, it´s a kind of attitude like : " hey! Look at us! We need your attention! Look what we got! I have this and that and you don´t! " kind of thing. For me it´s a childish/foolish attitude.

I stated here many times that Rio is our most famous and simbolistic city, we all agree with that, but saying that Rio itself is the "very center" of Brazil, ignoring the rest of the country is too much of arrogance and ignorance.

I really would like to know what people from the others regions think about that. Think about the Northeast, with cities like Salvador, Natal, Sao Luis and Joao Pessoa that are plenty of historic places that remote to the very beggining of our country, and they have some of the most enchanting beaches and summer resorts in Brazil. Now think about the north: the cities that lie in the Amazon basin share the most exuberant forest of the world and an unique culture and way of life. The central region has a natural complex that starts at the Pantanal wetlands and end at the wonderful Iguaçu Falls, with so much to explore and to discover. We still have the rich Southeast inlands, the cold and classy South......

Brazil is so huge and so diverse that you can´t say that a single city may represent all that this country has to offer. It´s like thinking that the USA has only about Los Angeles, or that China is only about Beijing.

Rio is the perfect city for stagin the OG in Brazil, and while it´s true that the country must concentrate a great part of its investiment in this city for the next years, it doesn´t mean, in any way, that everything that is done in Brazil is just for or around Rio. There´s plenty of life all over the country.

I couldn't have written better...

Sometimes I wonder if the non-cariocas have a prejudice-based view about Rio because of this arrogance...

Quit this nonsense ponte aérea Rio-São Paulo fight! It gets in the nerves of every other Brazilian! Both cities are great and you should be proud of yourselves, but not gaining your deserved attention by bashing each other! It's a two way road - Rio and São Paulo are each other backyards or each other gardens... the outside world's point of view is up to you to build! And if this mentality go on and on it's more probable that everyone else go with the backyard option!

Outrageous!

Archived