The Reason Why It Won't Be Chicago

altosax29b

My first post here. Think about it. 3 out of 5 summer olympics from 1996-2012 are were held in English speaking countries. If Chicago is chosen, then that makes it 4 out of 6. I don't know if that's a common thing mentioned, because I know I heard Madrid is hurt because 2012 and 2014 are in Europe. But I think that might be a turn off.

My first post here. Think about it. 3 out of 5 summer olympics from 1996-2012 are were held in English speaking countries. If Chicago is chosen, then that makes it 4 out of 6. I don't know if that's a common thing mentioned, because I know I heard Madrid is hurt because 2012 and 2014 are in Europe. But I think that might be a turn off.

Go Chicago 2016 !

(we speak many languages here... we're a world city)

Ciao : )

Hopefully they look at it within the context of the city then.

Discussed before.

Just search on "Anglo-Saxon culture" and you'll find multiple postings about it.

Context of the city is that it's a multi-cultural city whose residents speak dozens of languages, play and participate in dozens of sports, and that are engaged in the course of the city's future.

CHItown '16

Discussed before.

Just search on "Anglo-Saxon culture" and you'll find multiple postings about it.

Context of the city is that it's a multi-cultural city whose residents speak dozens of languages, play and participate in dozens of sports, and that are engaged in the course of the city's future.

CHItown '16

Alright cool, so it's not deemed as much of a factor as Madrid potentially being the third European city in a row to host the olympics?

Archived