Athletes On The Chicago Delegation

Here are the athletes going as part of the Chicago delegation:

Two-time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalist Kerri Walsh (Saratoga, Calif.),

men’s indoor gold and bronze medalist Bob Ctvrtlik (Newport Beach, Calif.)

and Paralympian Paul Moran (Chicago), a member of the 2004 U.S. Men’s Sitting Volleyball Team.

- Michael Johnson

- Jackie Joyner-Kersee,

- Michael Conley,

- Bryan Clay,

- Ron Freeman

- Edwin Moses;

- gymnasts Nadia Comaneci, Nastia Liukin and Bart Conner;

- swimmers Donna de Varona and Gary Hall Jr.;

- soccer star Brandi Chastain

- and Paralympians April Holmes and Linda Mastandrea.

Where are the 2 Michaels?

:o

I believe he is still in school, and Chicago 2016 may be a bit hesitant since the "bong" incident is still a little fresh in some people's minds.

:o Wow that really is quite the list! A lot of very well known names for sure. Chicago's got it's heart set on winning Friday that's for sure.

The only problem I have with MJ not going is and if I'm wrong please correct me but originally in the beginning he said he was backing the bid and would be in Copenhagen to help Chicago. The fact he's not going...well that's his own personal decision of course but it just seems like a really low thing to do especially after shooting the commercials for Chicago and saying he backs as well as supports the bid.

Anyway, they have a strong list of people in Chicago's delegation. Now they need a stellar presentation to go with it and they should be able to win, albeit narrowly.

I am not sure that MJ ever committed to going, but it was more or less assumed by people. The only thing he did for the bid was shoot the commercials, which only took a day of his time. He has not done anything in person for the bid.

He is very selfish, and cares only about his basketball club, golf and gambling. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but MJ has really disappointed me in the bid.

You can also add three-time Olympian and NBA power house David Robinson to the line-up.

I wondered why there was no basketball name on there.

And diving, and Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods...they should've thrown those in there too, especially since golf looks like it'll return in 2016. Or would Woods look too much like Barack? :lol:

I believe he is still in school, and Chicago 2016 may be a bit hesitant since the "bong" incident is still a little fresh in some people's minds.

As far as I know, Phelps is not in College. He made the choice to be a professional swimmer and never got into college or joined the NCAA.

As far as I know, Phelps is not in College. He made the choice to be a professional swimmer and never got into college or joined the NCAA.
FYI, Phelps attended the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor since 2004. just moved back to Baltimore after Beijing. Per NCAA regulation he cannot compete in the NCAA due to prior endorsements he signed even before going to college.

Archived